General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patches and rockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldIron61
Not finished, just sitting back watching.. wondering how long it will take, till one on your side of this issue, see's the hypocrisy of saying other's must summit to a Patch/Color check if and when it happens and also saying, we just want to be left alone and not have to deal with other's actions.

It seems you haven't even taken the time, to think that while you want the Right to be left along, you also want the Right to insert yourself into another's Life. So carry on, thinking the way you do, it's your Right afterall.

So you are upset that you can get checked by a club while you're out and about. You want to do something about it? You can go it alone, but you'll probably get your *** kicked. The best thing for you to do might be to get together with some like-minded folk and ride around together with patches and rockers... in numbers... and ready to discuss/fight about patches. Hey, wait a minute- you might just be starting your very own MC, if you're not careful. I wonder what you'd call your club?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
SportEone2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
that's what I said
He hates these Cans!!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
OldIron61
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
HUH? How did OP "insert" himself into someone else's life?
The person who started this thread, didn't. He was wearing a patch with Vet Rockers and had someone question why. He posted here, as that caught him of guard. I was replying to another poster on this thread.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
OldIron61
Tourer

Originally Posted by afoulsmell

So you are upset that you can get checked by a club while you're out and about. You want to do something about it? You can go it alone, but you'll probably get your *** kicked. The best thing for you to do might be to get together with some like-minded folk and ride around together with patches and rockers... in numbers... and ready to discuss/fight about patches. Hey, wait a minute- you might just be starting your very own MC, if you're not careful. I wonder what you'd call your club?
Are we on a school yard play ground or are we adults? And yet another poster talked about Club Members not wanting the heat, some Non-Club Patch Riders bring by stupid actions. Pot meet Kettle

Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

WTF? This is what I mean. When in the sam hell did we allow "colors" to become more important then Freedom? Man, if one wants to belong to a Club, I am all for it. Freedom of Choice and all. But that does not give that same person, the Right to tell others, what they can or can't do. For their Rights end, where the other Person's start.
With any Freedom or Right comes personal responsibility for your choice- there are instances where a club sporting similar colors as a dominate club did something stupid that the dominate was blamed for. Dominate clubs don't need the added spotlight on them so they check patches.

Wearing colors of any kind opens you up to road rage from ignorant cagers, refusal of service by establishments, and forceful harassment by law enforcement.

Sewing on the patch starts the whole circus in motion.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pondskipper
We all did and we ignored the action shots where the Kawasaki KZ turned into a thinly disguised trials bike.
yeh, was amazing what they could make those KZ's do

Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
OldIron61
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pointman10
With any Freedom or Right comes personal responsibility for your choice- there are instances where a club sporting similar colors as a dominate club did something stupid that the dominate was blamed for. Dominate clubs don't need the added spotlight on them so they check patches.

Wearing colors of any kind opens you up to road rage from ignorant cagers, refusal of service by establishments, and forceful harassment by law enforcement.

Sewing on the patch starts the whole circus in motion.

I guess I view things different, as I have been in and around Politics on all levels, since 1978. I have seen how these "people" think and what drives them. Giving them an inch, means to them, they have a mile to mess with you with. Just like every damn year Specter was in office, I point blank ask him, what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" does he not get, when it came to the 2nd Amenment. He would always have an answer about how we must pass Laws, to keep us safe. Fck That, I'll keep my own Family safe Thank You.

So when I see anything that can be controled, like Patch/Color Checks, I am going to speak out on it. As these are just the things they sell to Grey Haired Old Ladies, who give them their money to stop. And in the end, more Laws for everyone and less Freedom. Along with the Right of another, to wear what he/she wants.

But I do understand quite well on the Dominate( 1%) Club part of your post, as I grew up in one. But when you weigh the RICO/Three Strikes Laws of today, some things need to be scaled back for many reasons. As I have spoke to on this thread.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

I guess I view things different, as I have been in and around Politics on all levels, since 1978. I have seen how these "people" think and what drives them. Giving them an inch, means to them, they have a mile to mess with you with. Just like every damn year Specter was in office, I point blank ask him, what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" does he not get, when it came to the 2nd Amenment. He would always have an answer about how we must pass Laws, to keep us safe. Fck That, I'll keep my own Family safe Thank You.

So when I see anything that can be controled, like Patch/Color Checks, I am going to speak out on it. As these are just the things they sell to Grey Haired Old Ladies, who give them their money to stop. And in the end, more Laws for everyone and less Freedom. Along with the Right of another, to wear what he/she wants.

But I do understand quite well on the Dominate( 1%) Club part of your post, as I grew up in one. But when you weigh the RICO/Three Strikes Laws of today, some things need to be scaled back for many reasons. As I have spoke to on this thread.
I agree with you- just like in the early days we were easy pickings because of the minority of riders on the road. Then in the late 80's it became popular culture and you never know who is riding on that sled- could be a judge, attorney, or whatever.

The same goes for clubs/patches, the more on the road- the more mainstream being in one it becomes.

The big clubs will still be exceptions and dominant because they have different requirements and bylaws-so there wouldn't be real threat by having more clubs in their region/state.

The state rocker is more territorial for the dominate clubs than the other lesser clubs.