General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I shouldn't have done this.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Coloradohunter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I shouldn't have done this.

I've always been one of those all gear all the time kind of guys. Helmet, jacket, gloves and boots.

Went to the dealer to pick up my bike from being serviced and figured it was only a 5 mile ride home so I was in a t shirt, jeans and a pair of sunglasses.

Ended up taking at 80 mile detour on the way home and absolutely LOVED the feeling of the wind in my hair and the sun on my face and arms.

The wife wasn't pleased.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:31 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Its OK. We have all done it. No worrys around town but rolling at 75 down the freeway ill gear up. Its a slipery slope. Next youle tell us you started going out in shorts and flip fops!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

What? No sunscreen? That's just crazy risky!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boots, gloves, pants, those are the must, I've rode without my jacket before, wouldn't want to roll down the hiway without it but hey it's all about calculated risks. It's the guys in sandals and shorts that make me cringe when I see them!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:05 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Lid
Boots, gloves, pants, those are the must, I've rode without my jacket before, wouldn't want to roll down the hiway without it but hey it's all about calculated risks. It's the guys in sandals and shorts that make me cringe when I see them!
Bin down twice and seing those guys in shorts and sandles makes me think they must have never been down or they know the risks and chose the fredom to wear what they want.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I compromise. Always a helmet, in summer, jeans, shirt, heavy shoes (no boots), no gloves.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
What? No sunscreen? That's just crazy risky!
+1. Yeah, that's it. From a guy in Florida and now one in Texas.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I always wear gloves, jeans, and boots. I wear a helmet when it's cold enough to make my ears hurt. And I wear a jacket any time it's below 65. I know the risks, have been down and had asphalt scrubbed out of my hands. But I dress for the ride, not the crash. I just want to be me, and ride. To each their own.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Bin down twice and seing those guys in shorts and sandles makes me think they must have never been down or they know the risks and chose the fredom to wear what they want.
Yes I used to race superbikes and I know what pavement does to leather and what a boot can look like after being pinned under the bike being drug across pavement, I'd never want any part of me touching any part of the road.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
GrovenSportster
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In the Summer time it's tank tops, Wranglers and cowboy boots. I wear a **** novelty hat (not DOT) only to give the impression I'm obeying the helmet law in my state. If they drop the helmet law I won't wear the **** hat I have now. If you want to wear ATGATT, go right ahead, I'll not give you any guff about it. I expect the same from you as regards my choices. Ride on!!

Quick Reply: I shouldn't have done this.