General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is it okay to touch someone else's bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Once I left my lights on in the work parking lot. One of the other bikers turned it off and told me about it when he came in. That's just about the only time I want someone to touch my bike when I'm not around.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Trapperwny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Helping someone out by shutting of the lights is OK in my book....Ya I'll buy you a beer if it was mine. My dad taught me early when we went to car shows.... touch with your eyes not with your hands! Nice gesture on your part.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 PM
carrmat
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

A little off topic but I'm a bit new to riding. What's the protocol on parking...say you see a meter with a bike already in the spot...ok to double up as long as you throw some quarters in? How about a parking lot space at the grocery store or whatever...ok to double up as long as you don't block the other guy in?

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 PM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser

dont park next to my bike unless you rode there with me or it is motorcycle parking and my bike just happens to be in the next spot

Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

[quote=TwiZted Biker;9632974]Walk outa the bar some nice afternoon and there's a spunt 20 something tweeker on your bike bouncing up and down on the seat jerking the handle bars around and going VROOOM ! VROOOM ! in front of a crowd and see how you react to it . quote]

I would tell him to get off- but how I do it depends on him- you get what you give.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,295 Likes on 17,615 Posts

[QUOTE=Pointman10;9633816]
Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Walk outa the bar some nice afternoon and there's a spunt 20 something tweeker on your bike bouncing up and down on the seat jerking the handle bars around and going VROOOM ! VROOOM ! in front of a crowd and see how you react to it . quote]

I would tell him to get off- but how I do it depends on him- you get what you give.
Walked up to him and goober goes " Who are you " and didn't make a move toward getting off , it didn't end well for him . Sorry I came the school you just don't play with another mans possessions without asking first and playing dumbass always hurt .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 04-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
really
1st Gear
Default Come on Man,

I do this whenever I can, if the keys are in the ignition or the doors are unlocked.. I am a mechanic so it's just instinct. I just turn off the lights or the key or whatever will fix the problem going on. If the owner does't like it, then they are probably some kind of dipshit. Just take care of it and go on with your business.

Last edited by really; 04-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Crash75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at a daytime BBQ party type thing with some friends years ago and took my bike. I came around from the back of the house and there is a crowd of people around my bike laughing and joking around as a fukin todler is there sitting on my bike. It seems as if one of the adults there thought their kid would look cute sitting on my bike with his short legs dangling and kicking everything under the seat. I have a bad temper and I flipped the f%$# out. Needless to say, I ended up leaving the party cause after my temper got the best of me, I was no longer welcome there....nor did I want to hang with a bunch of people stupid enough to think that was OK.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Last summer it was extremely hot in OK. One Saturday afternoon I was running errands on my scooter. I came out of a Home Depot and went to my bike, I noticed a Honda parked near by was leaning a little too much. It was so hot, the Honda's kick stand (Jiffy?) was sinking into the asphalt. I up-righted the Honda, moved it forward about 6 inches and put a crushed soda can under the stand. The owner came out and was hot until he realized what I had done. After which, he insisted on buying me a late lunch and a beer.

. . . and if you have to know - the Honda was a Fury.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 PM
kps_Shovel
Cruiser

I never touch anyones car, bike, ever for any reason.... worked at a place for over 20 years, where customers left lights on, engines running, & people got pissed for even the slightest, so no matter what we have been programmed to ignore it, we may make a call over the PA speaker, if they are in our place of business, if not oh well.

people are already sue happy, they will claim you scratched paint, or whatever, & yes where I work, & town I grew up in is plain sorry, & full of sorry people, but because of that, is why, I wouldnt touch anyones bike without permission for anything.

Quick Reply: When is it okay to touch someone else's bike?