General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Harley's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
Hmm, Interesting, I didn't think NHRA wanted the Nitro harley's, wonder how that would effect the Pro stock bike's they run now.

They have been running Nitro Harleys for a long time in the IHRA, I have seen them run in Edmonton and they are quite the show. From what I remember there was at least 2 or 3 bikes from the Vancouver {Canada} area so I'm kinda surprised that you haven't seen them run in the Pacific Northwest somewhere. I just assumed they would do some racing in Mission {B.C.} and Spokane is there a track in Seattle? or Portland?

Check around you might not have to go as far as you think to see them!
The Nitro Harleys aren't a regular part of their show, it was an exhibition. Most likely because the ProStock Bikes only run half the season on mostly East Coast and Mid West tracks.
We have a great strip here in Spokane but the former owner rifled all the money it ever made (including investor dollars) and bankrupted the AHRA (which he owned) in the process.
Plus it's design doesn't meet any sanctioning organization's requirements without doing MAJOR modifications. It's making a comeback now, but it's a slow climb up a steep hill.
Already been checking around and planning another trip just to see 'em.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,864 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Dude I do that at ever redy light...and I have one of those revolving caution lights on my helmet... what a sight

An even bigger point is I wish HD got back in to racing as a company like Ford Ferrari etc.

HD bikes used to dominate every sport they were in. I'd like to see them recapture that legacy.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
1CdnHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts