General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you pass a cop car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,974 Likes on 17,496 Posts

You guys gotta remember the popo is looking the guy acting weird or odd just do what other traffic is doing . Out in the country it's a 50/50 shot Barney is gonna screw with you out boredom anyway .

Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I will pass them in a heartbeat if they are poke assing along. I passed one years ago about three in the morning going about 80 in a 55 and it had just started snowing. He pulled me over and talked to me about the idiocy of what I had just done and let me go for having the biggest ***** he had seen on anybody in a while. Lol. I never noticed he was a trooper when I passed him. Was not anyone else on the road by him and I anyway.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
So your saying you got a ticket for passing a cop while not going over the speed limit? There has to be more to the story here.
Yea, i was speeding, my fault
not on my game
usually can tell unmarks cause I've worked with LEOs alot

question was "do you pass cop cars?"
answer, Not anymore

Last edited by firefighter616; 04-28-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 PM
jb13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruising down the carpool lane here in California it's not uncommon to see a Highway Patrol car going slowly with traffic in the carpool lane. Some guys on bikes pile up behind them but I just pass them up no worries. Within 5 miles of the speedlimit I don't worry anyways....

Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LowRiderFla
Just remember, cops are usually doing the speed limit or faster. Ergo, if you pass them, you are speeding.
Not always. Around here on the multi lane roads some of them will run 5-10 under just to see how many will stack up. We drove around one once and he waved as we passed all the time sporting a **** eating grin. I have a few friends that are officers and they say some guys will play that game but only on 4 lane or bigger roads, on the two lanes they stick to the limit.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The short answer is "Yes".

Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i pass cops all the time if they are driving below the limit.. just wont drive rite in front of them. it gives them a chance to F with you.. i worked with a guy that was a cop part time too in a small town. he said he tailgates people all the time and turns on the high beams to blind drivers in the rearview. when they swerve or slow down, or do anything about it. he has a reason to pull you over. i think cops play a lot of games. they must be bored out of their skulls half the time driving around.. just dont break the law, you dont have anything to worry about. they are on an ego trip, just act like you are "respecting" them.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
jdrahughes
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do pass the police if they are running under the speed limit.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
mustasz
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I own a2009 Crown Vic police interceptor, I have so much fun watching people
staying behind me 100 feet, or slowly crawling to see that I'm civilian driving that
car and then passing me very fast. Lots of fun, and I say other divers give me
lot's of respect.

Last edited by mustasz; 04-30-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by j1mmy
i pass cops all the time if they are driving below the limit.. just wont drive rite in front of them. it gives them a chance to F with you.. i worked with a guy that was a cop part time too in a small town. he said he tailgates people all the time and turns on the high beams to blind drivers in the rearview. when they swerve or slow down, or do anything about it. he has a reason to pull you over. i think cops play a lot of games. they must be bored out of their skulls half the time driving around.. just dont break the law, you dont have anything to worry about. they are on an ego trip, just act like you are "respecting" them.
Once more, j1mmy nails it on the head, out here in CHP land they do all sorts of F&*K with you games. Drives me crazy, never had do deal with half the crap back in Washington that I do here in Cal. Most recently they play the speed up as you pass them game. There are great CHP and LEO's out there its just a shame that these 1%'s of the LEO world seem to be everywhere.

Quick Reply: Do you pass a cop car?