General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed my mind

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
beretta680
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed my mind

Pulled into a gas station and see 5 or 6 full dressers filling up. They are dressed the part, head gear, leather, and Harley everything. Next to them is a large SUV with a 3 bike trailer on it. Some of their wives are riding in that. My first though was, what a bunch of RUB's. Really, a chase vehicle in case you get tired? Posers for sure! Then I thought how lucky they are. Touring on bikes and sharing it with friends. Guess I'll be a RUB poser any day. Lucky B#$*^$ds.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I Hope their wives MADE them do it that way...pretty lame IMO

Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good for them......their doing what they want and taking the gals with them . making memories..........sounds like a good time. If some have a problem with the trailer...........Who gives a $hit

Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,221 Likes on 4,771 Posts

I was riding route 66 over the weekend and ran into a group from Japan at the Hackberry General Store. They had all Harley's except one which was a Gold Wing trike (big as a damn VolksWagon).

They were all decked out to be sure, one looked like he stepped out of the old "Jetsons" cartoon series.

They were on one of those guided tour deals and had a chase vehicle with a spare bike and all their ****. Looked to be having a great time.

There are a lot of those guided tours out west and they all have the chase vehicle. Don't know if that's what you saw or not. I know they are really popular with the Europeans also.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
stokes
Cruiser

Why does everybody have to label everybody and everything someone does.When my 2 boys were young,I had a place upstate,a small seasonal bungalow,only usable in the summer.I couldnt take the bike and them when I went every weekend in the summer,so I considered getting a trailer so I could take the bike.That makes me a rub or a poser? As it turned out I was able to get a $300 Virago,cheaper than a trailer,so I got it and left it up there.What kind of poser does that make me.I know I aint a rub,never been close to rich.Had I went the trailer route,according to you guys,would that make me a poser?Jeez,give it a break.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Mickey D
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are all different levels of riders. Why must there be labels for each. What is this 'poser' you all speak of? If you ride, you ride. Some more than others. We all share the same interest.

Jesus, get real.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,221 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Don't know why you guys are flaming the OP. He said he had a change of heart when he saw what a good time they were having and would love to do what they were himself.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
driv3rx
Road Captain

I thought that's what trailersw are for,otherwise they wouldn't hold a bike.If I was to take a long tripo I would take a tyrailer and support vehicle.saftey is first reason,(no good being so tired and worn out to enjoy yourself,plus not safe to ride tired)second reason is weather(no good riding long distance in rain,not safe either)plus if you have flat tire,mechanical problems ,etc..... alot safer to have a trailer handy,even if it was something serious and couldn't be repaired right away,you can still finish your trip and get bike home safely,and cheaper than haveing it towed home.
Last time I checked this is the" Land Of The Free"!
Even when I traveled alot in a car I would take my own pace and not rush to get there or rush to get home.just my .02 worth.
I am from the school of thought that I don't really care what others think of me or my choices,(really haven't since 9th grade).

Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 293 Likes on 134 Posts

If I ever become a RUB again the first thing I'm gonna do is buy a trailer.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:50 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Yet another post by some ninny worried about how someone else exercises their freedom to live life the way they want.

Motorcycling is supposed to be about freedom.

Do it the way you want to but STFU about other riders choices.

Quick Reply: Changed my mind