General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where the a**holes at?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Pagman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the a**holes at?

How many of you HD riders are a**holes?? Seriously, not an insult. I love my friggin harley and think it's the best bad *** machine out there. BUT, now that I have joined "the brotherhood", many of my riding buddys ask me if i'm going to become an ahole. Furthermore, they tell me not to change my attitude. I laugh because I don't think it's that serious. However, I have bumped into a bunch of harely fanatics, club or independent, and some of them truly are aholes. I either get a dead headnod or the i ain't saluting you back snub. Some just don't want to talk. Even HD dealership employees have a chip on their shoulder and so do some of the customers. Why?? Japanese cruiser riders and dealerships- more friendly. It's just a fact, no disrespect here. So, i'll start first, i'm no ahole. I ride and respect those that respect me. Whether you're on a bright japanese jellybean with plastic fenders or on a 67 norton, you're still part of my riding brethren. Props to the aholes who reply. Next?

Last edited by Pagman; 06-20-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:55 PM
norseman bagger
Cruiser

Reminds me of a song from a Dennis Leary comedy skit, "I'm an A**hole."

Old 06-20-2012, 05:56 PM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,909 Likes on 602 Posts

My wife says I'm "a perfect *******"; does that count?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pagman
How many of you HD riders are a**holes?? Seriously, not an insult. I love my friggin harley and think it's the best bad *** machine out there. BUT, now that I have joined "the brotherhood", many of my riding buddys ask me if i'm going to become an ahole. Furthermore, they tell me not to change my attitude. I laugh because I don't think it's that serious. However, I have bumped into a bunch of harely fanatics, club or independent, and some of them truly are aholes. I either get a dead headnod or the i ain't saluting you back snub. Some just don't want to talk. Evan HD dealership employees have a chip on their shoulder and so do some of the customers. Why?? Japanese cruiser riders and dealerships- more friendly. It's just a fact, no disrespect here. So, i'll start first, i'm no ahole. I ride and respect those that respect me. Whether you're on a bright japanese jellybean with plastic fenders or on a 67 norton, you're still part of my riding brethren. Props to the aholes who reply. Next?
Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror for the problem. I've been riding Harleys for about 12 years and have ridden all over the country. From my experience, Harley riders are some of friendliest people you'll meet.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

If I told you that I thought that this was a really dumb*ss thread, would that make me an a**hole? Juuuust JOOOOKINNNGGGG!!! I don't care who rides what... as long as you don't RIDE like an a**hole!

Last edited by QehQeh; 06-20-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,959 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Well, when you ride the best, an attitude comes with it.
Other bike riders and dealers are friendly because when your #2 you try harder. LMMFAO

Last edited by RANGER73; 06-20-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

While the Harley owner demographics have definitely changed over the last 10-20 years (some say for the worse), I have found that, in general, people tend to get back what they send out.

If you are an A-hole, you will tend to bump into a bunch of fellow a-holes, regularly. Just the way nature intended. Birds of a feather, or so it is said.

Most folks I meet on a Harley (or most any motorcycle brand for that matter) are friendly, interesting and generous. Some (very few in my experience) people are jerks. When they are acting that way, it is usually something to do with something happening in their life that is stressing them out, say a divorce, or recent breakdown or traffic ticket, etc. Some a-holes are just posing, thinking that "attitude" makes them cool. They are fooling only themselves. True A-holes come in all sizes, shapes and colors - and yes, some ride a Harley.

I'm glad I rarely, and I mean rarely, meet those kind of folks, and when I do I don't give them any mind.

If you are meeting lots of A-holes, all the time, look within. You may find the real A-hole is you, not the bike they or you ride.

Oh, and the "Brotherhood" is not joined by getting or riding a Harley. It is a title bestowed upon you by folks who have really invested in their fellow riders. It is not a term taken lightly by folks who are part of a real "Brotherhood."

Ride safe, and enjoy yourself out there, my friend.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Mexican
Cruiser

I don't think it is a dumb thread, my first harley was an 03 dyna, i was all excited about it until i rode it with a few hard core HD riders, it was very disapointing, i sold it with 1,700 miles because the HD attitude didn't appeal to me, lucky for me that i got away from those riders.
My riding group now includes can am, honda, triumph , HD and a few other brands, we are equal oportunity riders, as long as it has 2 wheels (3 max) we are happy,
every now and then we run into one of them but don't pay attention anymore

Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I was an ******* before I got a HD. Some people just call me a conservative.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

A-holes are a-hole regardless of whether or not they ride. It's just a fact of life.

Sammi

Quick Reply: Where the a**holes at?