General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Have a Corbin Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 AM
RK190
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Have a Corbin Seat?

I'm looking at getting either a Corbin Touring Seat or a Road Zeplin Seat for my Trike. Does anybody have a Corbin, and if you do, what do you think of it?

RK

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RK190
I'm looking at getting either a Corbin Touring Seat or a Road Zeplin Seat for my Trike. Does anybody have a Corbin, and if you do, what do you think of it?

RK
I have 3 Corbins, 2 for my bike and 1 on my wife's. I wouldn't choose anything else. I love the Corbin rider backrest - if you're getting a 2-up for the touring bike, make sure you get it with both backrest slots, not just for the passenger - I'd rather have that than a windshield for long rides. Below is my Corbin Classic Solo, with the backrest attached for a trip.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Harryinny
Tourer

Just froom past Metric bikes, i have to admit the corbin replacement seats are too hard compared to a Mustang seat. Thats my experiance with them, they also take a long time to break in. If looking for pure comfort, Mustang, or a seat with Gel inside both front and back seats are made. Or you send your seat out(check Ebay for Gel Seat pad Kits) and the place selling them have directions on how to put them into your seat, OR they have a great Upholstry store that does it for you and they return ship your seat back. They can also make your existing seat basically into anything you want it to be, Bigger, wider, with saddle sides if it didnt have any Ect.

Thats about all i know bout them And the custom Gel seats.

Last edited by Harryinny; 06-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

After 4 different seats, I have the Corbin solo, and got the passenger detachable for my wife. I have a bad back, and this seat keeps me in the saddle for as long as I want! Love it!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

I have a Corbin solo on my FXDX and two BMW's. I really like them, they are firm but shaped correctly and look good too.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
lofathd
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default corbin

once my corbin was broken in i thought it was the most comfortable seat i have ever owned

Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
BillM
Road Captain

I have a Corbin on my Yamaha Roadstar Warrior. It is the Dual Tour. Very comfy after break in. Only takes a few hundred miles or so. Wife liked the back seat too with the backrest. I don't need one when she is with me. I lean on her. Running stock seat on my Ultra. Thinking about having it cut down some by Mean City to get a little more foot on the ground.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harryinny
Just froom past Metric bikes, i have to admit the corbin replacement seats are too hard compared to a Mustang seat.
That's exactly why I like them better than my Mustang seat. Soft just lets you slide around - if you are riding more than a few minutes, the support from a Corbin will keep you feeling better than a lot of padding in a HD or Mustang seat. Mustang is my second choice, but having used both, I'll always have Corbin if I can get one.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I had a Corbin dual tour on a Yamaha I used to have. Loved it. Looking at getting one for my Night Train too.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Seat comfort is very difficult to predict for someone else since we're all unique in our build, etc. Corbin seats are very firm, bordering on HARD, but they fit me like a glove and all the bike's I've had always ended up with a Corbin seat on them. I can do 12+ hour days on a Corbin no problem. Other people find them horribly uncomfortable. But the same goes with factory OEM H-D seats. Believe it or not my factory Road King OEM seat is very comfortable to me and I can do 12+ hours a day on it day after day without a thought. Many here complain factory seats are dreadful, so that goes to show you the variety of issues with seats.

You can only try a seat and see if it works for YOU. If it doesn't post it in the forum here and someone will buy it from you and you can try something else. That's just how it is with seats. I've experimented with a number of seats on all the bikes I had, so that's just what you have to do realistically. For me Corbins are awesome and I swear by them, but for others it's Mustang or C&C, Danny Gray, etc.

Quick Reply: Anybody Have a Corbin Seat?