General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some cager knocked my Bob over: hit-n-run

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozerHi
WoW! 6 post and no one has blamed you for parking in a bars lot.
SORRY, I just came across this thread. My bad for getting in here late. I'll get right to it:

OP, what kinda numb-nuts idiot parks in a f-ing bar parking lot!?? bah, I'm just messin' with ya'.

That does suck, though. I gotta side w/Dickey on this one. In bar lots, etc., you just have to force yourself to park somewhere protected from the inevitable drunken morons. Hope it all works out.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 PM
frankenwick
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
SORRY, I just came across this thread. My bad for getting in here late. I'll get right to it:

OP, what kinda numb-nuts idiot parks in a f-ing bar parking lot!?? bah, I'm just messin' with ya'.

That does suck, though. I gotta side w/Dickey on this one. In bar lots, etc., you just have to force yourself to park somewhere protected from the inevitable drunken morons. Hope it all works out.
well, don't blame you askin and I've been meaning to at least explain myself...
all us bikes WERE parked out back originally, we all got up front so as to get our pics with the Jager girls, and consequently, mine was on the end... luckily, the guy with the Wide Glide next to me left just in time from starting a dominos effect. All vehicles from the side of the bar to the back were the band's... all except for, I guess, the guy parallel to us evidently. This was all after 1:00 and most of the crowd had already left. Needless to say, lesson-learned... regardless of how hot they are.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM
frankenwick
Tourer

Well, I'm back! Man, this really bummed me out for months... so much that I just been staying away from the forum. What a long strange trip it's been... anyway, my insurance took over as I was getting nowhere with HIS insurance. So much for stock... I went for BLACK! Vance & Hines Big Shots, just got Stage 1 and this baby is rockin'! Had this never happened I probably would never have gone to these upgrades. I'm glad I had 11 months of stock exhaust to help me appreciate the download's subtle improvement. It sure is nice to have her go when you tell her to. Thanks everyone for your moral support.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,247 Likes on 2,477 Posts

new tank?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Looks great! Glad it got sorted out and you got it fixed/upgraded!

Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM
frankenwick
Tourer

yes, skratch, a new tank... (The image of the right side with the pipes is with the old tank and the left side's pic was taken a couple of weeks later with the new tank) $1,3500 for a Dark Blue Denim tank. ka-ching. Thank You State Farm. Thanks, TKDKurt!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you, bike looks purty! Forward controls too, nice. Any interaction with the guy who knocked her over?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,520 Likes on 2,490 Posts

Why I always park on the sidewalk in front of any establishment I am in. Rather a parking ticket (ain't happend in 40 years) than a dented sled.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear the outcome was in your favor!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
KGlideVivid
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bike, but I love to hear someone got the POS's license number. Good luck with the repairs.

Quick Reply: some cager knocked my Bob over: hit-n-run