General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Superglide HD Screamin Eagle download to the ECM

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Samuel Jeppsen
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Superglide HD Screamin Eagle download to the ECM

(Update--Im on my phone, bare with me) I have a 2012 Superglide, have been reading HD Forums, trying to learn if I needed to remap or whatever, if I changed my pipes only. Most have said not. I bought my bike new, had Rush 1.75 pipes/baffles put on at the get-go. My bike ran okay, but never good. Surged somewhat, I had them check the throttle, said throttle was okay. Bike felt anemic in 6th. Great for down hills only. Alot of popping on decel too, and had a strange vibration and feel at 65 and 70 in 5th. Engine just felt..... It also didnt have a steady pull on acceleration. But did get terrific fuel economy. 47 to 52 mpg, which worried me. My 03 rigid mount Sporty was as smooth and as powerful. My SG is guttless in 6th. The Rush pipes didnt sound as good as I hoped either, though the same size baffle as my Sporty. I wasnt very happy. I went on a 5K mile trip, found that the bike ran exceptional above 5000 feet altitude. Plenty of power in 6th and smooth. When I got home, I had the Screamin Edgle Downoad to the ECM. 200 bucks. Didnt expect anything, but was really pleasantly surprised. In short, everything is better. No more surge, less popping, even pull on acceleration, 6th is just fine now, even a little better sound. Im not saying it is the cure-all, but my bike runs good and I am happy. Real hapoy. UPDATE: I took the girl on a 204 mile run. Everything from hills to gentle rolling. She really runs great. I was solo as in one up. Im not a throttle twisting jockey but I ran between 65 and 70. I did 204 miles on 4.028 gallons of premium. I never run anything less. All my fillups are. To the neck. The exact same place everytime. I am amazed at the mileage but most of all i am amazed at how well it runs. The Screamin Eagle download to the ECM is worth everything I paid for it. Im not changing anything else on my bike, it runs perfect. I highly recommend the download. Hope this helps someone.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hooray.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Im running a TTS and have just been able to get it to where I can smile and enjoy the ride, thanks to Wiz from tuning section. My time schedule did not allow me proper time to do the vtune runs, etc, so it never quite ran like it should have. I am now pretty close to removing most decel pop and acceleration is smooth and responsive. Feels great to do mods and make changes and get the bike back to where its fun to ride again.