General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anniversary models

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Every year is a anniversary year...at least that's what my wife says

Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM
louie c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2kids3pets.......
Your wife must know my X.......

Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 AM
CliveRand
Novice
Talking I have ordered a anniversary Heritage.

I have ordered a 110 anniversary Heritage, I like the colour, and I am glad I waited the little bit longer now, mind you I was a bit worried at first. Who in their right mind would order something they know nothing about, I did I was really hoping it was not going to be some shade of pink or had changed the whole look all together, just got to wait for it to arrive in Australia now, and I will be off riding somewhere? anywhere, it will be my new toy.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:07 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,506 Likes on 2,485 Posts

Personally, I think anyone that pays a premium price for an anny model is a SUCKER!

I remember immediately falling in love the very first time I saw the 35th anni SuperGlide on the website. I just HAD to have one of these, even though I just bought a new NightTrain. I put in a word to all 5 dealerships in my area that I was gonna pay cash for the very first one that came into Tampa Bay. Got a call from 1 dealership saying "your bike's in". I said great--start the paperwork; I'll be in with the cash as soon as I finish work. When I got there, the OTD price was $23K & change. I said "The bike MSRPs for $16 & change" Salesman said Oh No; it's an anni model; this is what we're asking. Gonna be a collector's item.". I told him basically to "collect THIS!" & walked out. Went to my local dealer; they got one in the same day, hadn't called me yet, & I bought it for MSRP. That bike sat on the other dealer's floor for a whole years before they blew it out at a discount.

Turns out you can buy those "collector's item" 35th anniv. Superglides all day long for $10G's around here.

And what? They gonna have an anniversary every 5 years? Ridiculous.

Last edited by dickey; 09-03-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,911 Likes on 4,714 Posts

I was in the El cajon store over the weekend and they have the anniv. CVO roadglide in that slate color, very nice bike, I'm told there will only be 900 some of them made, and will be a real collector item!!! ( by the way I was told this very same thing with my 100th anniv. deuce!) they wanted 45 large for this bike!!! I almost died!!! (before all the taxes and other bs fees) MSRP is 34k!! I mentioned to them how I lost my *** selling the deuce, and they just shrugged, I said, "see Ya!" and left!

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 09-03-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Personally, I think anyone that pays a premium price for an anny model is a SUCKER!

I bought mine under stock msrp. And I would have paid the extra just to have a different bike. Not everyone likes black on black.

They removed to 3k for the anniversary option and removed the cost of the alarm system. I paid 500 less than if I bought the plain black one with no alarm.

It's worth the extra money for a limited/anniversary if you want to have something different. And if they can afford it who cares.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
louie c
Tourer
Default anniversary bikes

Yes.... I bought my bike (anniversary ) because it is different.
And of course i like the way it looks and the options that come standard with it.
Those three reasons sold me.
So now i wait for delivery and looking foward to riding......

Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
CliveRand
Novice

I think that if we parted with any money to buy anything we are a sucker to someone, I sat down and thought about it a few times, and thought to myself how many of us have bought something, then spent a fortune getting it to look and sound, and go the way we like. My father's favourite phrase was, "if you own a motorcycle, then have already been ripped off." He was a rider as well, in fact I was not interested in them until he actually put me on one and told me to ride it, I have been looked ever since. I am really pleased I ordered the anniversary model now, I think the colour is great, and I am looking forward to getting out there on it and having a blast. after all I think if we are happy with what we spend our money, then it was worth it. Can't take it with us when we go.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xube
I'd love to order a CVO Road King Anniversary, but I'll have to hit the lottery first.
You can order mine. $20K would be a bargain, right?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey

I remember immediately falling in love the very first time I saw the 35th anni SuperGlide on the website. I just HAD to have one of these, even though I just bought a new NightTrain. I put in a word to all 5 dealerships in my area that I was gonna pay cash for the very first one that came into Tampa Bay. Got a call from 1 dealership saying "your bike's in". I said great--start the paperwork; I'll be in with the cash as soon as I finish work. When I got there, the OTD price was $23K & change. I said "The bike MSRPs for $16 & change" Salesman said Oh No; it's an anni model; this is what we're asking. Gonna be a collector's item.". I told him basically to "collect THIS!" & walked out. Went to my local dealer; they got one in the same day, hadn't called me yet, & I bought it for MSRP. That bike sat on the other dealer's floor for a whole years before they blew it out at a discount.

Turns out you can buy those "collector's item" 35th anniv. Superglides all day long for $10G's around here.

And what? They gonna have an anniversary every 5 years? Ridiculous.

Agreed! HD could have an anniversary edition every year, but what's so special about that? I'd say they should only do it every 25-50 years or so. (every 100 years would be fine by me too! lol!)

But I guess if customers are willing to pay $3K+ for a badge & paint package that costs the factory just a few dollars, we'll see quite a few anniversaries. If you guys miss out on this year's, wait until the 115th models come out.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 09-17-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: anniversary models