General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideal long distance riding poistion? Butt above legs? Arms below shoulders?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by JustaHawg
Dude I don't know whether to take you seriously or not but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You seem to ask a lot of common sense questions but maybe you're just a chatty type that lacks confidence so you seek input from others, no laws against that. Obviously the troll that's stalking you wants to be the president of your fan club. I think you've done a pretty good job of tolerating him/her/it. This is after all an HD forum, not an AOL chat room. I'm here to learn, get advice and make friends. Said troll was probably a bully in it's younger years. No doubt I'll get flamed for this reply or hopefully added to it's block list. I don't use a block list. Block lists are for those with no self control. Ok I've yammered enough on this, my apologies.

Just my 2 yen...ride safe and have a fantastic day! :-)
If you bothered to read through other OP's posts you'll see more than a couple share a similar opinion.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:51 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I dig sitting at my local and talking bike. Sometimes an A-hole walks in and tries to ruin a peaceful time for everyone else with his belligerence. The difference between this forum and at the bar is that the loud-mouthed fool usually leaves the bar missing some teeth. Too bad we don't have an equivalent here.

OP, to answer your question: Raising the seat will make you more comfortable in my opinion. I put a fat tractor seat with 5" springs and my butt is as good as gold and no leg cramp on the long hauls. I'm 6'4 and it was the best mod I've done for comfort.
Happy trails.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM
JustaHawg
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaamax
I dig sitting at my local and talking bike. Sometimes an A-hole walks in and tries to ruin a peaceful time for everyone else with his belligerence. The difference between this forum and at the bar is that the loud-mouthed fool usually leaves the bar missing some teeth. Too bad we don't have an equivalent here.
SNIP
Agreed, well put.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle
I noticed that on my fatboy that my legs come a half inch above my butt with my feet on the floor boards. I have to bend forward to grab the handle bars. I'm 6'3. Can I switch things around or doesn't it matter?
My legs are always below my butt. My arms are under my shoulders. Where the hell else would they be? My toes are located at the end of my feet. (in front)

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Get your bike so its fits you, and you fit it. Thats the only way to true happiness!!!
........ i dunno Swede, the one on the left in the white floral bikini looks like a way too
..... for a while anyway

Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This guy is set to go ALL day long.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Looks like AM is bike less! Good call. Lmao

Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 AM
chamba
Road Master

I like to have my feet WAY above my butt so that I can feel the breeze on my ***.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle
I wish I had as much free time as you to troll other people's threads. But then again I wouldn't be on an 883
Nice bitchslap!

Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaamax

OP, to answer your question: Raising the seat will make you more comfortable in my opinion. I put a fat tractor seat with 5" springs and my butt is as good as gold and no leg cramp on the long hauls. I'm 6'4 and it was the best mod I've done for comfort.
Happy trails.

Yes very comfortable.....Rode up and back from Louisiana to New Jersey, Philly area Jersey coast, with no numb butt at all........

Quick Reply: Ideal long distance riding poistion? Butt above legs? Arms below shoulders?