General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideal long distance riding poistion? Butt above legs? Arms below shoulders?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 PM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal long distance riding poistion? Butt above legs? Arms below shoulders?

I noticed that on my fatboy that my legs come a half inch above my butt with my feet on the floor boards. I have to bend forward to grab the handle bars. I'm 6'3. Can I switch things around or doesn't it matter?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

no two people are built the same. long arms, short legs, fat, skinny, bad backs/knees, etc.. i think the key to a comfortable long distance riding position is a comfortable seat and handle bars that fit your riding style. different floorboards and highway pegs so you can move your feet and legs around. you may need to try several combos before you find what works best for you.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh course you can change things. There are lots of different parts combos you can change to, Longer bars, higher seat, the Harley-Davidson Motor Company has LOTS of customization parts that they will GLADLY sell you to make your bike fit you just fine.
And of course it matters, I can't ride my brothers bike more than a couple dozen miles before my back, neck and ankles are screaming. But mine fits just fine, I felt fine after 1000 miles straight from Phoenix to Austin. Get your bike so its fits you, and you fit it. Thats the only way to true happiness!!!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a serious question? What happens if you listen to someone and an hour into the ride you start hurting? You going to stay in that position because somebody said it was the best? Come on dude. Use some freaking common sense and quit asking such asinine questions.

Where's baka when you need him?

Do you even have a bike? Show us a picture of it will ya? Put a dollar bill on the seat so we know it's yours.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

you might be able to move your handlebars towards you a little. On my Heritage I brought the handlebars down and towards me and hey presto a comfortable riding position. My legs are exactly right and also the Heritage stock seat is like a favorite comfortable chair but I have ridden 10 hours with no issues at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickd
This is a serious question? What happens if you listen to someone and an hour into the ride you start hurting? You going to stay in that position because somebody said it was the best? Come on dude. Use some freaking common sense and quit asking such asinine questions.

Where's baka when you need him?

Do you even have a bike? Show us a picture of it will ya? Put a dollar bill on the seat so we know it's yours.
YAAMT

Another useless thread by the OP. This bozo reminds me of something that's White, Uptight and Out of Sight. Unfortunately the OP refuses to go away.

I am officially calling this dude full of ****. Unless he produces proof he actually has a motorcycle, he's just a troll.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

What gets me is how many take this dude seriously.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer

Originally Posted by baka1969
YAAMT

Another useless thread by the OP. This bozo reminds me of something that's White, Uptight and Out of Sight. Unfortunately the OP refuses to go away.

I am officially calling this dude full of ****. Unless he produces proof he actually has a motorcycle, he's just a troll.
I wish I had as much free time as you to troll other people's threads. But then again I wouldn't be on an 883

Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle
I wish I had as much free time as you to troll other people's threads. But then again I wouldn't be on an 883
You have no free time because you are to busy starting threads asking what the best this is or what the best that is. You have started so many duplicate threads it is mind blowing. How many threads have you started this week alone on touring? You sir are a douche.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 PM
AmericanMuscle
Tourer

Originally Posted by baka1969
What gets me is how many take this dude seriously.
I learned long ago to keep my mouth shut. Guess Pogs don't get taught that. Never did get along with your type bc you just have to start problems. Don't have time for your childish criticism. If you don't like my threads then don't reply. Doesn't take a West Point Degree to figure that out. Have nothing to prove to you or anyone else who didn't get off the boat. Thanks for the ride squid.

Last edited by AmericanMuscle; 12-14-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Ideal long distance riding poistion? Butt above legs? Arms below shoulders?