General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin' at knuckles and pans, Why Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,072 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Just like there's a ton of Japanese bikes over here, the same must be true with Harley's over there.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same thoughts, but asking myself if all those bikes over there weren't new bikes made out of S&S Knuck engines, with after market frames, etc...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.blue-groove.com/ some examples of what's being imported on the " For Sale HD " page

Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

jap brat style bobbers really rock, the americans aint even in the same book let alone the same page.this is just my opinion but was right at the time of writing

Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
http://www.blue-groove.com/ some examples of what's being imported on the " For Sale HD " page
alrite mate wots the price u have on them knucks on that blog..my japanese is a bit rusty lol

Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by swordy
alrite mate wots the price u have on them knucks on that blog..my japanese is a bit rusty lol

He doesnt have prices listed for those Knuckles in the adds but you could always flick him an email and ask him, his email is near the upper right of that page.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee&Vee
So let me get this straight... a bunch of people on boards at bars or wherever sit there and make fun of HD dinosaur "technology" from today's twin cams and boast about the supposed superiority of Japanese engineering but their motorcycle masters pay 10 times for older American iron that really can't be considered technological marvels.

Lots of those bikes if not all are chopped or bobbed. They have have crappy bmx style handlebars. But hey I'll take heat cuz a knuckle is a knuckle.
There are a lot of people in this world that feel the need to beat on our HD V-Twins gave up wondering why.Used to think it was jealousy but really think some of them love their over the pond stuff like we love ours.

Always amazes me why so many compare their four cylinder machines to our twins Duhhh! makes no sense at all,these machines are worlds apart were designed and built that way.Yet they keep flapping their gums about how fast there crotch rockets are.

Harleys have been in most major wars overseas you can be sure a lot were left over there.Harley also sells new machines overseas to enthusiasts just like us lucky for them except the price they have to pay.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tanuki
He doesnt have prices listed for those Knuckles in the adds but you could always flick him an email and ask him, his email is near the upper right of that page.
jus interested to see hoe much you pay for a nuck.there big money over here.the 45 in my pics was only a couple of quid in the states made £££on that **** box!! was the worse bike ive ever **** a leg over lol

Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
There are a lot of people in this world that feel the need to beat on our HD V-Twins gave up wondering why.Used to think it was jealousy but really think some of them love their over the pond stuff like we love ours.

Always amazes me why so many compare their four cylinder machines to our twins Duhhh! makes no sense at all,these machines are worlds apart were designed and built that way.Yet they keep flapping their gums about how fast there crotch rockets are.

Harleys have been in most major wars overseas you can be sure a lot were left over there.Harley also sells new machines overseas to enthusiasts just like us lucky for them except the price they have to pay.
True dat! I was in Rio de Janeiro last year and walked into the HD stealer/robbership down there. Put it this way, we're lucky what we pay for ours, strictly from a comparison point of view. T shirts were $60usd. Sportsters about $16000 and up. No street/road glides just RKs and EGs.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_GB...venty-two.html

here our price list,hd keep europe about the same across the borders so u don't ship country to country

Quick Reply: Lookin' at knuckles and pans, Why Japan?