General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4 Helmets...Biltwell....Bell500...Licks NovDot..???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
blizzxm34
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 3/4 Helmets...Biltwell....Bell500...Licks NovDot..???

Looking for the best DOT 3/4 helmets that has the lowest profile and least amount of mushroom affect and astronaut look...any help, pictures or anything would be appreciated!

Been looking at the Biltwell hustler and bonanza, bell custom 500, Licks NovDOT, and the Daytona 3/4...

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

The only one of those I have had any experience with is the Bell 500, although I've owned others before that. It may not be the lowest profile of the group, but it was much better than most of them. More importantly, it fits great and is very comfy. That and the fact that it reminds me of a Bell I wore in the 60's made it the right one for me.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I got the Daytona 3/4. Lowest profile out there from what I can find.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
jdoug
Novice

Good luck on trying to find a low profile DOT helmet. I have gone thru a dozen of them and I have never found a low profile DOT helmet that didn't have the mushroom look. I decided to try the skull crush helmet. ( skullcurshgear.com )

jdoug

Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
blizzxm34
6th Gear
Thumbs up

Thanks alot, yeah Ive been looking all over! I race professional motocross and always sponsored by bell so I know bells are good helmets and they have some nice 3/4 graphic ones I liked and so did Daytona 3/4 had one or two I liked as well, just looking for a low profile, I have a pretty big head as it is so trying to not look like a bobble head going down the road lol

Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I got the Daytona 3/4. Lowest profile out there from what I can find.

Yea, have the Daytona also. Comfortable and low profile

Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Ockam
Tourer

I got the Biltwell DOT and the Fulmer DOT 3/4 helmets.

The Profile for both is better than the Harley (AGC?) 3/4 and most other brands, excluding Bell and Licks.

I can't speak for Licks helmets, as they are always on back order when I tried to get one.

The Bell doesn't fit the shape of my melon. Tried a couple of the Bell 500's at Johnstown and were uncomfortable for me...which sucks, I like how they look.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM
blizzxm34
6th Gear
Thumbs up

Thanks alot guys keep'em coming!

Yeah I love the bells, love the daytona's and love the biltwells, just hard to tell which one will fit lowest profile and fit best and be most comfortable as every single brand making 3/4 helmets claims their's is lowest profile lol

anyone has any pictures in their helmet feel free to send'em!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Depends on the shape of your head

I've tried them all except Lick's, and have found that for my oval-shaped head, Torc T-50, Fulmer V2, and Biltwell fit the best.

Of those, the Fulmer has the lowest profile, but the Torc is more comfortable. Unfortunately, the new Biltwell Bonanza is gigantic compared to their previous releases (El Fuerte and Hustler).

Bell and Daytona cause pain/pressure on my forehead, but I don't think you can go wrong with either if you have a round head. The Bell has a little more plush interior, but the Daytona is lighter and lower profile.

I have an unused Matte Black Daytona DOT (L). PM me if you want it.

This comparison from Biltwell may help:

Last edited by SquidHead; 04-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
blizzxm34
6th Gear

Hey dude thanks alot! Yeah I'm down to the daytona, biltwell hustler and the bell custom 500, from the feed back kind of leaning towards the daytona, atleast if that's the lowest profile of them all mine as well start there and hopefully it fits cumfy then go from there if I don't like it, all this for sure helps alot!

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I've tried them all except Lick's, and have found that for my oval-shaped head, Torc T-50, Fulmer V2, and Biltwell fit the best.

Of those, the Fulmer has the lowest profile, but the Torc is more comfortable. Unfortunately, the new Biltwell Bonanza is gigantic compared to their previous releases (El Fuerte and Hustler).

Bell and Daytona cause pain/pressure on my forehead, but I don't think you can go wrong with either if you have a round head. The Bell has a little more plush interior, but the Daytona is lighter and lower profile.

I have an unused Matte Black Daytona DOT (L). PM me if you want it.

This comparison from Biltwell may help:

Quick Reply: 3/4 Helmets...Biltwell....Bell500...Licks NovDot..???