General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for reputable custom parts installer in SoCal for my Steet Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Cide2316
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Looking for reputable custom parts installer in SoCal for my Steet Bob

Hey everyone,

It might be a long shot on here, but I'm wondering if anyone does custom part installs or knows of a shop or private party capable. I have a set of t-bars that I would like installed with cables inside, a rear fender that needs to be painted and installed (I can arrange for painting if needed), and a side mount license plate kit with light.

The bike is a 2009 Street Bob.

I was going to take on the work myself, but realized I don't have a lot of the equipment/tools necessary -- and on top of that, we aren't supposed to do anything mechanical in my apartment parking lot. The HD dealer here in Riverside, CA quoted 7 hours at $110 an hour to install the t-bars alone.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jay

Old 05-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Not sure where you are. You can try Freedom cycles. In orange, or lifestyle cycles in anaheim. Maybe HD Irvine.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Cide2316
2nd Gear

I'm in Riverside. Anaheim wouldn't be too far for right quality/deal on the work.. I'll check Lifestyle out.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Lifestyle Cycles off the 91 & State College! They hav done work on all my bikes and have done a very good job. Talk to Mike. SJ Ron

Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,962 Likes on 17,491 Posts

That's about right time wise if they do it correctly and don't just slap things together . Most garage bar changes turn into 2 + day ordeals .

Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Cide2316
2nd Gear

Hmm.. For nearly $700 bucks I may try to install the bars myself. They are the WestCoast-Tbars model. They bolt directly in place with the existing hardware and cables (apparently). My main concern on that install is pulling the tank back to get to the cables.

I still need the rear fender done though so I will definitely check out Lifestyle Cycles.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,962 Likes on 17,491 Posts

Isn't the bolt on part that gets people it's the wiring ....................

Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cide2316
Hmm.. For nearly $700 bucks I may try to install the bars myself. They are the WestCoast-Tbars model. They bolt directly in place with the existing hardware and cables (apparently). My main concern on that install is pulling the tank back to get to the cables.

I still need the rear fender done though so I will definitely check out Lifestyle Cycles.

Take note if you want to run your cables internally, 1 of 2 things needs to happen. You need to either disconnect the molex factory connection and unpin the wires from the connector pull them through the bars, then repin them back to spec. Or you need to cut the wires and then solder them back together after you pull them through the bars.

I am very comfortable with wiring due to my line of work, and my bars took me 10 hours. I had some issues with the molex connector not wanting to seat together right after repining it.

From the sounds of it you only need to hide your wires. Thats not too bad, it saves you some time not having to run and bleed a new brake line, plus running new clutch and throttle cables. You could always run the wires externally and be done with it in hour.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guys are in Rancho Cucamonga and may be able to help you: http://www.redemption-cycles.com/

Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

http://www.americanvtwin.net/

these guys did a great job on my coworkers Dyna after an accident..

Quick Reply: Looking for reputable custom parts installer in SoCal for my Steet Bob