General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You can always tell,,,

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
jmoe55
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation You can always tell,,,

You can always tell a rider that hasn't had an emergency incident yet. You know the one,,, sneakers, shorts, no shirt,,,,, riding a brand new shiny bike.
I hope they don't ever have to plant a foot in an evassive move, or worse yet,,,, take a slide.
I'm one to not where a jacket, but I always have pants, boots, and at least a shirt.
I've had bee fly into a shirt sleeve before and can't imagine getting up the pant leg of shorts.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

OK, you expected this. . .
I've been riding 32 years and had several emergency incidents. Even woke up once in the hospital. Yet I wear sneakers and shorts every day riding to the gym with a 1/2 shell low profile helmet, and have worn shorts and sneakers many many times during all of my 32 years of riding. My bike is not new, but shiny.

When I was a kid I would drink out of the garden hose, my house was painted with lead paint and had asbestos popcorn ceilings, we never wore a helmet, actually won or lost games with the winners being the only one to receive a trophy and the losers were called losers.

I think I'll be fine, and if not, oh well.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should be interesting.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake911
OK, you expected this. . .
I've been riding 32 years and had several emergency incidents. Even woke up once in the hospital. Yet I wear sneakers and shorts every day riding to the gym with a 1/2 shell low profile helmet, and have worn shorts and sneakers many many times during all of my 32 years of riding. My bike is not new, but shiny.

When I was a kid I would drink out of the garden hose, my house was painted with lead paint and had asbestos popcorn ceilings, we never wore a helmet, actually won or lost games with the winners being the only one to receive a trophy and the losers were called losers.

I think I'll be fine, and if not, oh well.
Lawn darts, home made ramps, back yard half pipes, no helmets on bicycles (poor kids), buying cigarettes at the 7-11 at 12 years old, sipping dad's beer, walking a couple miles home from school, sling shots, bb guns, firecrackers, the good ole days.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Yep, here goes.

Chips?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

If you weren't so far away I would say you saw me riding to the gym today (new shiny bike and all) except I was wearing a wife beater. A week in the trauma unit, thirteen bone breaks and four surgeries in three months probably doesn't qualify as an emergency incident though.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Joined in '11, 8 posts in and he pops up with this. Has he not been reading the forum for the last 2 years?? I can't help but feel a little bad for him, though. Clearly, he doesn't realize what he did. IDK, maybe everyone will take it easy on him. I mean, it's not likely but who knows.

I'm gonna back off on this one and just grab some popcorn...

Last edited by AnotherBlackSG; 06-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
131IRONMIKE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea what he said!!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I woke up in an ER and was shown my helmet, broken in three pieces. That was when I was young and never been down. Now I'm older and have, but I don't wear a helmet these days. Brain damage ???

Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
xwhyz1959
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Clubber
Lawn darts, home made ramps, back yard half pipes, no helmets on bicycles (poor kids), buying cigarettes at the 7-11 at 12 years old, sipping dad's beer, walking a couple miles home from school, sling shots, bb guns, firecrackers, the good ole days.
You left out stealing the gasoline for dads lawn mower and making Molotavs out of it. That, and climbing trees.

Quick Reply: You can always tell,,,