General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost bit the dust.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Egordish
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost bit the dust.....

While riding home from work I pass through Mt Clemens, Mi. Going north through town is a 3 lane one way. All said downtown is about 8 blocks. As I'm nearing a left curve I'm traveling in the center lane. However before curve I decide to change into the left lane. After I complete lane change out of nowhere a cager has decided he's going to make a right turn out of a local business. I remind you I'm on a one way and he has decided to turn right into me! Hard press right and back left and along with him slamming on his brakes is why I'm here to tell it. Talk a lot a **** your pants moment.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Egordish
Advanced

I keep seeing it in slow motion. I honestly don't know how my highway peg didn't clip his bumper! Mf'er

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM
DNC
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****. Sounds hairy; glad you are ok. Any personal exchange of "pleasantries" after the incident?

Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Egordish
Advanced

Yes I pulled into a auto repair place waited for the dip **** to make the correct turn and met him at the next light. Al the while I see his wife pointing ahead and trying to tell him where to go next. I simply asked him if he realized if you knew that he ALMOST ****ING KILLED ME!????? He just looked at me dumbfounded GRRRRRRR

Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 PM
DNC
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Egordish
Yes I pulled into a auto repair place waited for the dip **** to make the correct turn and met him at the next light. Al the while I see his wife pointing ahead and trying to tell him where to go next. I simply asked him if he realized if you knew that he ALMOST ****ING KILLED ME!????? He just looked at me dumbfounded GRRRRRRR
The sad part is that these *** clowns dont even comprehend the incident they almost caused and no lessons learned has occurred.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Egordish
Advanced

It is sad. Ill count my blessings. Funny thing is that's the last thing I woulda been looking for some asswipe turning the wrong way into a one way street. Guess ill chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

I would have yelled at him too. These goofballs need to know what they did or they'll do it again and it could end different. I'm not saying yelling at them will change their driving habits but they just need to know, whether or not they do.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Egordish
Advanced

Funny thing is the ******* can honestly say he didn't see me. **** stick was looking the other way! Grrrrrrrrr

Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

Originally Posted by Egordish
Funny thing is the ******* can honestly say he didn't see me. **** stick was looking the other way! Grrrrrrrrr
All the more reason that he needs to know what almost happened. I guess he was an old fart and his wife was navigating for him. THAT was his first mistake.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
BareBones
Tourer

Crappy situation man, and even worse it was in Mt Clemens! I grew up around there, born in Detroit, moved out of the D to Warren. We used to skate in Mt Clemens when we were kids until skating turned into more running from the cops and less skating. Not a big fan of Mt Clemens myself. Good thing you said you only have to pass through on your way home. Keep an eye out for those damn idiots, way to stay on two wheels. Have fun, ride safe.

Quick Reply: Almost bit the dust.....