General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identifying!! Screamin' Eagle Performance Clutch Friction Disc Kit-37980-10

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help identifying!! Screamin' Eagle Performance Clutch Friction Disc Kit-37980-10

Ok long story short.............

I bought this clutch friction disk kit from the dealer. It is the Scream'in Eagle Performance Clutch Friction Kit PN# 37980-10.

Did Harley change the design of this kit recently? What I thought I was getting was what they have pictured in the catalog and on every single picture I can find on the web of that kit.
It is suppose to be, according to the description "Newly-developed friction material delivers longer life than Original Equipment friction discs"

Leading me to think that it is Kevlar or carbon fiber and NOT asbestos like the OEM disk are.

But the kit that I have looks nothing like the disk pictured in all the marketing material from HD. Instead, it looks similar to the OEM disk that come with the bike.

Can anyone tell me if they changed the design or is this an older design that I have?

Here is a picture of the kit in the Scream'in Eagle catalog..........

This is the box with the part# and info..............

And here is a close up of the friction disk..............

Old 07-25-2013, 08:47 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Nobody huh?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
cripula
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went and looked at the SE clutch plates I had for my 2000 EG - they look just like yours.

FWIW, I disliked the SE clutch feel so much I pulled it out after 2 days and replaced it with a stocker. The friction zone is WAY reduced, and I practice low speed control stuff a fair bit. Didn't work for me. YMMV.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:25 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by cripula
I went and looked at the SE clutch plates I had for my 2000 EG - they look just like yours.

FWIW, I disliked the SE clutch feel so much I pulled it out after 2 days and replaced it with a stocker. The friction zone is WAY reduced, and I practice low speed control stuff a fair bit. Didn't work for me. YMMV.
Thanks for the reply.

So I must have some "old stock" clutch disk then? Sure as hell does not look like what they show in the catalog.

Right now I am running the Barnett extra disk carbon fiber kit. I have yet to find a way to adjust it where it functions properly. I think I am going to try Barnetts recommendation and run ATF in the primary and see if I can get the Barnett kit to work for me and take this SE kit back.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 AM
cripula
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that catalogue pic is just the stock (not SE) plates.