General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever hit a skunk???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM
scooby636
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ever hit a skunk???

Well.... to work this morning, minding my own business, about 4-5 car lengths behind another car, I hear a loud THUD.

Didn't think much about it and out of nowhere I see this thing rolling towards me and sure enough, hits my front tire and finishes him off.

I bought puked all over myself as soon as it happened an now the juices are all over my motor, which only intensifies the smell when it gets hot.

Definitely not something I would wish on my worst enemy but can't help but about the whole thing at the same time.

Now I have to figure out how on earth to get rid of this stink bomb.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
ringofld
Tourer

My condolences.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry............been close after one was hit and that is close enough!

Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

LOL! Tomato juice is supposed to get rid of the smell...but that's on people and maybe clothes. Engines...no clue.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Blueflame1
Tourer

Looks like you are going to be riding at the back of the pack for a while...at least until the skunk stink is no longer a factor.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts
Talking

Id say.Hit the highway and keep on riding!!!...........o~`o.....................
I have a few Skunk stories...But one i will share...When i was younger...Much younger..
I saw a dead skunk on the side of the road...Well i figured it must be an old road kill as there was no smell lingering any longer.So i decided to get its tail...Got out my Bowie knife and went for the prize..Damn nice tail it was to!!! Only problem is i was having a bit of trouble with the last bit o meat and i lifted it up just a bit and the scent sack droped and well needless to say.....
...Well it had never opened...That is until i messed with it...
So moral of the story is..if you ever wonder why you dont see many skunk tails...Its because they just aint worth gettin.....

Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Had one take up residence under a cabin in the middle of nowhere. waited till dark for it to come out. Shot it three times with my twentytwo varmit pistol, thought it was dead til I went to remove it. Good thing I lived in the middle of nowhere but, bad thing, I had no mator juice.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Dang, that's gotta smell rank cooking on that hot engine.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lmao! Sorry, laughing with you...not at you..sounds like my luck.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

There are so many nooks and crannies on a bike, I doubt you can reach all of them. But get a bunch of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and a little dish soap, mix it together and hold your breath while you brush and slather the mixture over everything. This is what I use on dogs and I've used it on the house that got sprayed too. It works very well on dogs. If, and it's a big IF, you can rub it on everything, it will help a lot on other surfaces. That or we just get used to it after being exposed to the potent stuff for a long time. Sometimes I'm not sure there. But I do think it helps and within a few days it is all but gone. The key will be all those nooks and crannies. My house was/is brick so it soaked in and I still think the mixture helped. At least it got it where I didn't feel like puking every time I went out. And I think it does keep working when you rinse it off. Or in my case because I couldn't stand there for ever and didn't get it all rinsed off the first day. I hit it again the next day and that for sure helped. Good luck. I've worried about that myself living out in the country.

Last edited by hogcowboy; 09-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Ever hit a skunk???