Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Sometimes the posts here get depressing (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/918541-sometimes-the-posts-here-get-depressing.html)

GeorgiaGirl 10-29-2013 03:17 PM

Eh, stop caring what people on the internet think. Many see being disagreeable on the internet as a sport, I would say sort of like the Special Olympics but that would be an insult to the Special Olympics.

silent1 10-29-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Itch (Post 11927558)
Usually by the 2nd or 3rd page the thread goes south.. Wait until winter we all get cranky..

It was 25 degrees this morning. I'm ready to bitch right now!!! :icon_that:

SoCalSoftailSlim 10-29-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl (Post 11927600)
Eh, stop caring what people on the internet think. Many see being disagreeable on the internet as a sport, I would say sort of like the Special Olympics but that would be an insult to the Special Olympics.

heheh :icon_worthy:

jeffreydsilver 10-29-2013 03:21 PM

Nothing quite like a nice beaver shot to make me smile!

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/...pse10f5cf0.jpg

Inop 10-29-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by silent1 (Post 11927605)
It was 25 degrees this morning. I'm ready to bitch right now!!! :icon_that:

Me too! its 61 degrees here :icon_errrr:

Pagan48 10-29-2013 03:27 PM

Seems to me that there are a few members who feel compelled to input some negative comment whenever they post. Just their nature I guess. I do most of the work on my bike but I have lots of time as I'm retired and have a mechanical background as an aircraft mechanic. I feel no animosity towards anyone who does none or all of the work on their bikes. I also agree that things get much worse over the winter for those who are stuck inside.

RHPAW 10-29-2013 03:30 PM

Everything I post is rainbows and butterflies.
Except for the breaking the antenna off your car and beating you with it when you cut me off in traffic. Or the throwing old bowling balls and railroad spikes at you when you're texting and tailgating me. Or that time I ripped off one of your windshield wipers in a parking lot and stabbed you with it.
Other than that...rainbows and butterflies. And puppies.

dribble 10-29-2013 03:31 PM

I've often wondered, why the pissing contest all the time and I figured it out a while ago.

There is really not much athletic skill in riding Harley. It's not exactly great exercise. When I raced dirtbikes we knew who was good and who wasn't. They had this thing called a finish line and gave out trophies to those who crossed it first. If you crossed it first enough times, they moved you up into a different class.

Same for the swim team and the baseball teams I played on. There were stats kept and you always knew how good you were compared to the others.

Those people who's main life activity is riding their street bike from place to place have no real way to quantify where they stand in the pecking order of the others who do the same thing. So they created them.

The "I'm more of a biker than you are" mentality is quantified by the following:

Miles:
  • Miles ridden
  • Miles ridden in the rain.
  • Miles ridden in the snow.
  • Miles ridden in 100 plus degree weather.
  • Miles ridden through a flood.
  • Miles ridden to work.
  • Miles ridden to Sturgis.
  • Miles ridden during the week.
    Miles ridden during Armageddon
Service work performed:
  • Maintenance performed at home.
  • Repair work performed at home.
  • Modifications performed at home.

Clothing: (This one's a little trickier because the rules differ for men and women)

Real biker points are also deducted for anyone seen wearing the following:
  • Harley shirts
  • Harley boots
  • Harley belts
  • Harley Jackets
  • Harley gloves
  • Doo rags
  • Chaps

Also don't forget that points are also deducted for anyone who:

• Rides a CVO bike
  • Attends a dealer function
  • Is a HOG member
  • Rides to Starbucks

Hope this helps.

ChickinOnaChain 10-29-2013 03:42 PM

Gator...Sometimes you have overlook the bad posts and read the ones that interest and help you. Sort of like buying stuff at the store...you don't buy it, without looking at it first. I know I don't read every post in a thread.

1goindiesel 10-29-2013 04:00 PM

Don't be depressed little buckeroo. Go for a ride, get some exercise, take a Paxil.
Everything is going to be ALL RIGHT.:icon_bike: