Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Sometimes the posts here get depressing (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/918541-sometimes-the-posts-here-get-depressing.html)

Wide_Open 10-29-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl (Post 11927600)
Eh, stop caring what people on the internet think. Many see being disagreeable on the internet as a sport, I would say sort of like the Special Olympics but that would be an insult to the Special Olympics.

Exactly. I have it down to a science. I'm on here maybe 15 or 20 minutes a day and I'll post on 4 or 5 threads or so. Unless I happen to start a thread, which I seldom do, I almost never click back on a thread I've posted on before. If any internet tough guys have attacked me for my views they are wasting their time lecturing me, I never know it and I don't care. They can kiss my butt.

Buckinfitch 10-29-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by DivineDark (Post 11927570)
It's noticeable here, but not nearly as bad as some of the other forums out there. There are a couple folks here that look down their nose at people that don't do it the "old-school" way, but they're few and far between.

I'm more like you. I make more money working than I do in expenses with my bike in the shop, and my personal time is a premium. I have a job, working wife, young son, house to maintain, school functions, other hobbies... I'm not trying to be a biker... I'm not trying to do it the "right" way... I'm just a guy that has grown up in a motorcycle family and loves to ride.

poser !

mtinner 10-29-2013 05:44 PM

I agree with everything that has been said, so far.

Buckinfitch 10-29-2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TracerBullet (Post 11927969)
I have already learned who is going to post shit and bash on others and usually don't read those posts. Just an observation as well as a generalization

phhhhhht...you outta check out the POD forum.

mrmarklin 10-29-2013 06:08 PM

If you're doing 7k miles a year, you're way above the average Harley rider (or any motorcycle rider for that matter).

In the US average rider does around 1600 miles per year.:icon_user:

You need to keep in perspective that THIS IS THE INTERNET.

Everyone's badass here.:icon_crackup:

Who Dey 10-29-2013 07:00 PM

There are a lot of HD riders that have this Billy Bad Azz attitude for some reason and that is truly what gives HD riders a bad name. They are the same guys that act tough and disrespect people on these forums, the same guys that wont wave at someone on a Jap bike and try to act like their Harley is the best and fastest bike in the world and your Jap bike is a POS, the same guys that think they are too cool to speak to you when you tell them they have a nice bike etc. They are the same guys that think they are "real bikers" and that us nice guys are "Posers". If you like any other brand of motorcycle at all you are a Poser and they don't want you on a HD, if you actually ride a motorcycle many miles a year and don't stop at 10 bars and have a beer while you are out on a 20 mile ride, you are a Poser and shouldn't be riding an HD. I'm not sure what causes this mentality but it's alive and well in the HD community for some reason. I don't know if they got picked on and made fun of and beat up when they were young or what but it's quite pathetic and makes me laugh. I could go on and on but you get the point. As the original poster said......FLAME AWAY! :icon_crackup:

heybaylor 10-29-2013 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 11927685)
Gator...Sometimes you have overlook the bad posts and read the ones that interest and help you. Sort of like buying stuff at the store...you don't buy it, without looking at it first. I know I don't read every post in a thread.

you could have fooled me !!!!
I see a reply from you on every post I read ...
nothing wrong with that , I just thought your post was funny :icon_dance-twist:

BassCatcher 10-29-2013 07:15 PM

I have nothing to add but haven't posted anything here all day so this is my chance.

schlacker 10-29-2013 07:28 PM

If you want a plethora of courteous, thoughtful answers & opinions present your profile as female. I can't recall a woman being flamed here - where if it was a dude with the same question/comment he would eventually be mercessly attacked & driven to tears.

Drilln'Boss 10-29-2013 07:28 PM

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...l-original.jpg