Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   2008 XL 1200c sporster custom.. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/943326-2008-xl-1200c-sporster-custom.html)

vikz250 02-24-2014 12:35 AM

I need all the help I can get from you guys,I'm a new rider too this will be my 3rd year of riding and I always dream of owning a Harley ( who doesn't right?)..Thank you for all the response so far and while reading all these i am emailing my dealer on all the info you guys are telling me.

Sw1 02-24-2014 08:59 AM

I'm sorry but looking at those prices reminds of why I bought new. I have a 2014 iron 883 that was 9,000 out the door. 8399 plus tax and 125 tag/title fee. There is no way in hell I would consider an 08 to only save 1400. I know your in a tough spot and have a dream, but maybe you should wait a bit and find a better deal. You have 500 saved up, maybe work towards paying of your current bike then selling it outright.

Good luck.

brenn 02-24-2014 09:11 AM

Looking at the dealers in the Seattle/Wenatchee area, I can see why the OP was willing to take a chance on this bike - the prices they are asking for used bikes up there are ridiculous.

vikz250, trying shopping a little farther from home. If I had to buy there, I'd be more likely to take the 1998 1200C they have on the web site for $3,795,l but I like carbed bikes, not fuel injected.

upflying 02-24-2014 10:37 AM

You mention $125/mo is within your budget. But the red flag on this bike is the dealer acknowledged it is a "fixer upper". Are the unknown repairs also within your monthly budget? I hate to see you make payments on a broken bike you can't ride.
Keep your Suzuki until it is paid off. Sell it privately for $3,000 and then go looking for a Harley.
I used to be like you when I was young. Learn from those who have been there.

slozomby 02-24-2014 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by brenn (Post 12362502)
Looking at the dealers in the Seattle/Wenatchee area, I can see why the OP was willing to take a chance on this bike - the prices they are asking for used bikes up there are ridiculous.

vikz250, trying shopping a little farther from home. If I had to buy there, I'd be more likely to take the 1998 1200C they have on the web site for $3,795,l but I like carbed bikes, not fuel injected.

heck for those prices just buy a dyna.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcd/4330436905.html

upflying 02-24-2014 10:45 AM

Yowzam, that's a clean, low mile Super Glide for the price.

vikz250 02-24-2014 01:09 PM

The guy I was talking too said the bike does not have the original tires which means it has newer tires, he also said the ad must be wrong because it does not have Stage 1,he also said the bike went through their mechanics and every thing is in good riding condition. So I emailed him and ask since the ad says it has stage 1 it should have stage 1 and I also ask what muffler/exhaust he found to put on it because I don't want the one on it right now..will see what he says this whole week, I'm planning on going there Saturday and finish the deal but I need to be sure that what he said they will do on the bike is done before I drive 135 miles one way!..

upflying 02-24-2014 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by vikz250 (Post 12363698)
The guy I was talking too said the bike does not have the original tires which means it has newer tires, he also said the ad must be wrong because it does not have Stage 1,he also said the bike went through their mechanics and every thing is in good riding condition. So I emailed him and ask since the ad says it has stage 1 it should have stage 1 and I also ask what muffler/exhaust he found to put on it because I don't want the one on it right now..will see what he says this whole week, I'm planning on going there Saturday and finish the deal but I need to be sure that what he said they will do on the bike is done before I drive 135 miles one way!..

If it were me, I would ask to have the stock exhaust system reinstalled. You can modify it later.
You sound determined to go through with the deal. Let us know how you like your new Sportster.

vikz250 02-24-2014 05:14 PM

This was my last email to them, replace pipe,download stage1 and have stage 1 air cleaner and we have a deal..will see what they say..

lo-rider 02-24-2014 06:37 PM

When you want it bad, you get it bad.