Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   2008 XL 1200c sporster custom.. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/943326-2008-xl-1200c-sporster-custom.html)

backplay 02-24-2014 10:55 PM

I don't think you're looking for advice, you want everyone to say you're doing the right thing and you found a good deal. Listen to the guys who have experience and are telling you to wait and pay off your bike first. I know, we want what we want and damned if we will wait for it. Maybe your wife knows what she's talking about. Personally, I don't think you're ready for this Harley. You're getting screwed on the price, the monthly payment is not the most important thing to consider. Think about it dude..

upflying 02-24-2014 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by backplay (Post 12365855)
I don't think you're looking for advice, you want everyone to say you're doing the right thing and you found a good deal. Listen to the guys who have experience and are telling you to wait and pay off your bike first. I know, we want what we want and damned if we will wait for it. Maybe your wife knows what she's talking about. Personally, I don't think you're ready for this Harley. You're getting screwed on the price, the monthly payment is not the most important thing to consider. Think about it dude..

Yep, OP has the Harley bug in a bad way. There is no cure for it when emotions take over common sense. Same thing happens to your mind when you think you found the right woman.

vikz250 02-24-2014 11:19 PM

Back play good point I did get some good advice and asked the dealer all the info that you guys told me just have to wait and see what they do for me, I just don't think I can get a dealer to pay off my loan with out adding any on the HD and me getting approved by myself compared to be cosign it with my wife which she already said no to that..

vikz250 02-24-2014 11:21 PM

I actually spoke to several Harley dealership in the Seattle area and this guys are the only ones who are willing to deliver and pickup my trade with no cost + they other guys won't work on how much monthly I can afford ..

backplay 02-25-2014 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 12365912)
Yep, OP has the Harley bug in a bad way. There is no cure for it when emotions take over common sense. Same thing happens to your mind when you think you found the right woman.

Man, you are right on the money there my friend. A woman is the most dangerous of playthings.

backplay 02-25-2014 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by vikz250 (Post 12365915)
Back play good point I did get some good advice and asked the dealer all the info that you guys told me just have to wait and see what they do for me, I just don't think I can get a dealer to pay off my loan with out adding any on the HD and me getting approved by myself compared to be cosign it with my wife which she already said no to that..

With all the roadblocks you're encountering, maybe someone is trying to tell you something. This just may not be the right deal at this time. That bike looks like it was rode hard and put away wet, as the saying goes. I wish you best my friend, hope you choose wisely.

vikz250 02-25-2014 12:48 AM

I'm still looking though nothing is final until I sign on that line and gave them my money, but so far nothing is with in my budget and with in driving distance to see it, and I only want to deal with dealership because of my trade..I have been looking for month now and nothing unless I get a non Harley which is an option I'm willing to consider as long as it's in budget and at least 750cc ..

lo-rider 02-25-2014 01:23 AM

If you just can no longer stand your bike, sell it, yourself. Use that $ plus what you can add to it and find a bike you can buy for cash--no payments. Maybe an older Sporty or a Yamaha XS-650 or whatever. A bike you can afford.

vikz250 02-25-2014 11:47 AM

lo rider my bike is on craigslist and yes I am looking for something I can afford that's why I'm sticking to $125 month payments, don't have a lot of cash like most of you guys..

uncle kebo 02-25-2014 12:58 PM

fwiw

It seems every bike they have is a little high.. FYI - Last year I bought an 07 1200c w/4000 miles for 4500.00 dead mint... Miles + condition not = price...