General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Spray and Polish

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda Spray and Polish

I know this is a Harley Forum, but sometimes you have to recognize a quality product when you find one and put brand aside. A buddy of mine, who rode GoldWings his whole life and finally got smart in the last couple of years and bought a Ultra, told me about the "Spray and Polish" that comes in a 12 or 20 oz can. The 12 oz can at my Honda dealer is 6.00. It comes in a aerosol can so you spray some on a terry cloth (if you spray directly on the bike, you will have over spray all over the bike), wipe the area you want clean and then let it sit for a coupe seconds and then come back with a dry terry cloth and wipe it off without any effort. It leaves the chrome shinning like hell on a sunny day and really nice on a overcast day. The paint is so smooth, feels like you clay bared, waxed and polished the paint. For the price and what Wizards wants (what my local HD store sells beside the HD products), you cant beat the Honda Spray. My buddy has been using it for I think he told me 28 years, and uses it front the front of the bike to the back and has never scratched a windshield. BTW, its pretty awkward riding the hog to a Honda shop and having the people look at you like you have four eyes lol, its totally worth it for the spray though. Here is a link to the spray on Ebay so you know what the can looks like when you go to the Honda store. http://www.ebay.com/itm/121270712259...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

AND NO, I DON'T WORK FOR HONDA!!!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,991 Likes on 17,500 Posts

Been using it for years even when it had the Honda logo , great stuff and not 300% marked up like the HD dealers **** .

Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Larry Ashcraft
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW, its pretty awkward riding the hog to a Honda shop and having the people look at you like you have four eyes lol
I went to the local Yamaha/Suzuki/Victory dealer for a pair of gloves, and when I came out, several people were admiring my old '99 Heritage.

I must admit though, it's a nice looking ride.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hey... I just ordered some. Thought I would give a try at that price. Spray it on a microfiber cloth and wipe on. Then wipe off. Can't get much easier that than. Will see how it works.

Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Highway Guy
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking thumbs up

For the Honda Spray. I use it all over my Harley , plastic , steel , chrome, whatever and I rarely use anything else. Still shines like new, no scratches, it is definitely a great product, no matter who's name is on it

Old 03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Been using Honda cleaner/polish for years.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep good stuff, been using it for many years-

Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 276 Posts

Will definitely have to try it. Always looking for anything that makes it easier and works good. Have a good sized Honda not too far from me, will have try it out especially since needing a good after winter cleaning and sitting for months.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used it when it still had Honda written on it -- they discontinued and the new company did a reformulation for the EPA - it still works great -- and I am pretty sure its the same spray that Harley markets under their label -- both are priced right

Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

AKA: Original Spray Cleaner And Polish. Made by a company called Next Generation. It's the exact same product but costs less because it doesn't say 'Honda" or "Harley" on it.
Been using it for years - it's a great product and it works better than Lemon Pledge on your windshield.

Quick Reply: Honda Spray and Polish