Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   anyone never been down ? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/957021-anyone-never-been-down.html)

Rynb15 04-12-2014 07:00 AM

not yet on the street(riding 10 years). few broken bones in the dirt.

coot58 04-12-2014 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by PaiN (Post 12576545)
Coot...Bad news brother :icon_emm: There are only three kinds of riders.

1. Those that have gone down.
2. Those that are going down.
3. Those that are going down again.

You're a 2

yeah..thats what im thinkin,lol..hope it aint too bad,got a family that counts on me..and thinkin my bike all tore up..ugh,but i can always fix it or get another

jeffreydsilver 04-12-2014 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by coot58 (Post 12576536)
im talkin bout crashin,gettin banged up..im sure my time will come..hopefully i be able to walk away from it..too many dont.

I guess if you're so sure, it probably will. Wrong attitude, and I mean this with no disrespect. You should be riding with what I would I call a SLIGHT degree of arrogance WHILE STILL KEEPING A HUGE DEGREE OF RESPECT for the ride. Any hesitation on your part just might come back to bite you.

coot58 04-12-2014 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver (Post 12576559)
I guess if you're so sure, it probably will. Wrong attitude, and I mean this with no disrespect. You should be riding with what I would I call a SLIGHT degree of arrogance WHILE STILL KEEPING A HUGE DEGREE OF RESPECT for the ride. Any hesitation on your part just might come back to bite you.

i agree,i dont really have a fear of it..i do respect it..and im not implying im such a skilled rider..ive been fortunate

Knuckles73 04-12-2014 07:46 AM

Earned my broken wings three yrs ago this month. I''d been riding 25 yrs or so. Skill has some bearing on the outcome. You can only control your actions not the actions of others when it comes to laying your bike down.

bballkking1 04-12-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by PaiN (Post 12576545)
Coot...Bad news brother :icon_emm: There are only three kinds of riders.

1. Those that have gone down.
2. Those that are going down.
3. Those that are going down again.

You're a 2

I've never really understood this logic. So there is no chance that someone can be a motorcyclist throughout their life (let's say they ride 150,000 miles in their life) and never crash? Everyone who rides a motorcycle is guaranteed to crash? That's not true.

My grandfather rode after he got back from WWII until he was 75, my dad rides, and I ride. None of us have crashed, although 2 of us still make the opportunity frequently. I couldn't tell you our total mileage. I'm not saying we're amazingly skilled or extra safe riders. Maybe lucky, not sure the reason really matters? I'm just arguing that you can ride many miles over the course of your riding career and stay upright. Don't like that saying.

coot58 04-12-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by bballkking1 (Post 12576727)
I've never really understood this logic. So there is no chance that someone can be a motorcyclist throughout their life (let's say they ride 150,000 miles in their life) and never crash? Everyone who rides a motorcycle is guaranteed to crash? That's not true.

My grandfather rode after he got back from WWII until he was 75, my dad rides, and I ride. None of us have crashed, although 2 of us still make the opportunity frequently. I couldn't tell you our total mileage. I'm not saying we're amazingly skilled or extra safe riders. Maybe lucky, not sure the reason really matters? I'm just arguing that you can ride many miles over the course of your riding career and stay upright. Don't like that saying.

good point and very glad to hear that..yes i agree its possible,and i certainly hope the case with me,on the other hand to ,spend your life on two wheels and and never take a brody seems unlikely

31choptop 04-12-2014 08:17 AM

I went down on a woman once or twice!! didn't hurt at all! cept went she squeezed her thighs tight!!!

coot58 04-12-2014 08:18 AM

lol,been there done that too, but i recovered and climbed back 'in' the saddle

E8USMCRET 04-12-2014 08:25 AM

I was telling a guy I know about two real close calls I had recently involving senior citizens. He's a staunch anti cell phone guy and won't even play his radio while driving. He told me that he'd rather get hit by a senior citizen than a young punk that was texting.
I almost gut punched his silly ass right there. I said something to the effect of "what ****ing differenc does it make who, what, where or why someone wiped your ass out only that it happened and you and your bike may never be the same".