General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: '82 Tour Glide from Dad

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:51 AM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm touched.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Your Pop gave you a true 'gift'! One MUCH more than a simple material item. He gave you 'freedom' and a heartfelt, common bond you can continue to share with him . . . . AND he gave you 'adventure' (though something tells me you already had a good bit of that). He gave you 'the wind in your face'!! For many of us, that 'wind' and freedom are the things we live for. I sincerely hope you enjoy! Both of you sound like extremely individualistic, cool people. It's a hell of a story. I lost my Pop a year ago . . he was an old Indian, Harley rider. I miss him a great deal.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sissy, thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to all of us fathers out there!

Be safe and keep your knees in the breeze!

Rax

Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRoadGlide
Way to go! This is one of the best stories I've read on this site.

DITTO THAT!

Ride Safe sister.......

Old 05-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome memory saver/ maker.

Be safe.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Sissy24
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww, you guys are sweet.

I was just thinking, with father's day coming up, it would be pretty cool if many of us could honor our fathers by taking a ride and speaking into the wind to them.

I also plan on going outside when it's dark to have a drink under the stars with the silence and the breeze in Tahoe that weekend.

Enjoy your father's day weekend guys, and to anyone going to Laconia, enjoy your time there!

Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Sissy24
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYC.streetkid
Your Pop gave you a true 'gift'! One MUCH more than a simple material item. He gave you 'freedom' and a heartfelt, common bond you can continue to share with him . . . . AND he gave you 'adventure' (though something tells me you already had a good bit of that). He gave you 'the wind in your face'!! For many of us, that 'wind' and freedom are the things we live for. I sincerely hope you enjoy! Both of you sound like extremely individualistic, cool people. It's a hell of a story. I lost my Pop a year ago . . he was an old Indian, Harley rider. I miss him a great deal.
You said exactly what I feel! Thanks.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Sissy24
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYC.streetkid
You said exactly what I feel! Thanks.

You've heard it a dozen times probably, but I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. We understand too well. Take care of yourself.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Big Blue Electra
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow for sure that is the most heart felt story I have read on this forum ! God bless you and your family and your journey ! God Speed !

Old 05-29-2014, 04:15 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG! My dad and I both bought the exact same bikes in '82. They were the first non AMF bikes and came with a two year warranty to prove that quality was back. It was sorta, glad it had the warranty as I used it.
They were great bikes, I ran mine 27,000 miles and traded it for an '86. A reporter for a local motorcycle mag. bought it and ran it well over 100,000 miles.
My dad crashed his, some idiot driver ran a stop sign, he locked the rear and went down.
broke a few bones but, got back on in '87 and rode until last year when my mother died. He decided to quit riding with her gone, in reality at 86 was time to quit.
Enjoy that great motorcycle!

Quick Reply: Update: '82 Tour Glide from Dad