General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friggin Crotch-Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Friggin Crotch-Rockets

Never tried riding one,I am more than happy with what I have and it cruises 80 just fine,corners fairly nice what else do I need? I have a bud with one juiced upand he rides it from here in Morgantown,WV to Mobile,AL in some crazy times[&:]

Old 03-31-2007, 08:21 PM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode my other bike to work this week (Ducati Sport Classic 1000) and rode at lunch with another guy with a sport bike (Triumph Daytona 955). We did some twisties at first and then we hit the highway on the way back because we were running late. He took off and I was keeping up with him but I was doing 115 mph and he was pulling away like I was standing still. So I let him go and slowed down to 95 mph. He pulls over and I catch up with him and he gets back on the highway and does a wheelie at 70 mph. I blow by him and then I slow down to 85 to hit the exit hoping I am not going to slow.

It is an adrenaline rush to go fast but I don't think I will ride with him anymore. I think riding with other people makes you lose your sense as to what you should be doing.

But I don't think I will ever ride on the Captial Beltway people are nuts on that highway.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:30 PM
dastark
Road Master

Thinking about a Hayabusa. Really. Can't replace my Fatboy, Just like 'em. It's no wonder the kids are buying them though. Great looking..worlds fastest production bike..under 12000.00 I'd like to know what kind of parents allow their kids to get on them.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dastark

Thinking about a Hayabusa. Really. Can't replace my Fatboy, Just like 'em. It's no wonder the kids are buying them though. Great looking..worlds fastest production bike..under 12000.00 I'd like to know what kind of parents allow their kids to get on them.
I wouldn't get a Hayabusa. They are too heavy for a sport bike. Straight line top speed is all it has. Probably has the highest fatality rate of any bike. And when you see them for sale they usually only have a couple of thousand miles on them.

If you want a sport bike get a Ducati 1098. They weigh less than 400 pounds and they have insane torque as well as crazy horsepower. Plus they are quite beautiful.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

tireater
at over 100 - one riders plastic touched my fairing. Bout crapped myself - later at the bar - the guy's bike fell over - go figure ...my size 12 helped....
Ya know, I'm peaceful kinda guy...and at first I was thinkin, Oh no...don't do th... Ohhhh YEaaah!
...GOOD Job tireater... that was not just for you, it was for Us! G^#D*#^.. Little B#*#@!^'s

Old 03-31-2007, 10:57 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

I know what you mean. I was riding along the other day and out of nowhere a crotch rocket doing about 90 miles an hour flew by me in a no passing area. Scared the crap out of me. I had a few words for him, but he was out of sight in no time. Wish there was a cop sitting up ahead. There was a comment in the letters to the local newspaper today about crotch rockets and harley riders today. Here is what it said...

Your mail: Thanks to Harley riders

I live on Esler Field Road, or as some people call it, Esler Field Speedway.
Esler is a very busy road with tractor-trailers, military convoys and such travelling through.

ADVERTISEMENT

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

A few of the vehicles speed sometimes. It's mostly teens in the afternoon and late evenings. But it's also motorcycles. There are three particular bikers on Japanese-made blue, yellow and green motorbikes that travel sometimes as fast as 90 mph or more, always.
Then come the Harley-Davidson riders. I have never seen any of them driving over the speed limit, and there are many on the road.
I want to thank the Harley riders for driving in a safe, responsible and respectable manner. I'm scared of motorcycles myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to be a passenger with any of the Harley riders.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior

My little scoot goes fast enough for me....anyway, I don't think that my belly will fit over the tank of one of those things.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Been there done that. I have "graduated" to riding a harley... I bet I'll live longer...

Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson .
You bring up riding without a helmet or jacket...how is that endangering anyone but the rider. Bit of a difference between that and screaming past others at 120mph with inches to spare endangering others. Also a bit of difference between a "rookie" on a cruiser and someone that rides that is purposely putting others in danger.

With 13 posts, I doubt you'd had a chance to get a real feeling for the riders we have in here, but most of them take riding extremely seriously...a majority have taken the MSF course, watched "Riding Like a Pro", taken advanced courses in riding on their own scoots...belong to clubs and practice their riding in parking lots between cones on the weekend. I think you'd be hard pressed to compare the riders in here and thier dedication to ridingwith the antics of hormonal youth on crotch rockets.

By the way, my other scoot is a Ducati...

Old 04-01-2007, 12:18 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: zombie

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson.

You bring up riding without a helmet or jacket...how is that endangering anyone but the rider. Bit of a difference between that and screaming past others at 120mph with inches to spare endangering others. Also a bit of difference between a "rookie" on a cruiser and someone that rides that is purposely putting others in danger.

With 13 posts, I doubt you'd had a chance to get a real feeling for the riders we have in here, but most of them take riding extremely seriously...a majority have taken the MSF course, watched "Riding Like a Pro", taken advanced courses in riding on their own scoots...belong to clubs and practice their riding in parking lots between cones on the weekend. I think you'd be hard pressed to compare the riders in here and thier dedication to ridingwith the antics of hormonal youth on crotch rockets.

By the way, my other scoot is a Ducati...
so having 13 posts on this site means ??? I have see what goes on in harley world first hand . The post is about sport riders riding fast . not about me knowing what I am talking about. I have taken the MFS, I have a cra and wera card. I have many training and track days under me . I got a clue . Harley guys are just as bad , holding up traffic in "parade mode", slowing down then speeding up as a group to stop people from passing by holding lanes on the freeway. seen it all. People surf without posting . See you just Stero typed me and you don't even know me . what you said about the helmet and stuff my be true. but me blowing by you in an open area without cutting you off or touching you hurts no one either. . You have a sport bike , go on sportbike sites and see what they say about us harley guys. you will find they all ride within there limits, wear gear , have proper training and blah, blah, blah. The fact is most Harley people don't like sport bikes and most sportbike riders don't like Harleys. you, me and some of the members who posted on this thread feel diffrent, we like both . Yes your correct some of the riders are diffrent at this site, god bless them, but I have read plenty of pro harley hate the crotchrocket stuff before here. I have heard the whole only H-D crap , best on earth all that . Those people are on this site to . The big picture is WHO CARES WHAT YOU RIDE , JUST ENJOY IT. STRENTGH IN NUBERS ALL THAT STUFF. If you get scared by loud pipes blowing by you , think of the old woman working in her flower beds as you pipe it by on your no baffle v-twin . I bet she's pissed . But I know nobody here has loud pipesAll that you don't know these riders stuff is poop. one kicks sport bikes over, one thinks that great, and one thinks all sportbike riders do is donate organs .What ever . I don't need 8000 posts to see how it rolls here.

Quick Reply: Friggin Crotch-Rockets