General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley bashing on craigslist...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Jimmykoz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley bashing on craigslist...

On craigslist under the rant and raves section there seems to be two main topics. Walmart, and Harley's. Keep in mind this is the Green Bay wi craigslist. The biggest bashing a I've seen are the exhaust. Whining because they are so loud. One person even posted the entire law on mufflers. Another said they don't come from the factory that loud. Not an entirely true statement there now is it? From reading the law as stated im under the impression that if an exhaust stays as it's designed and has all the equipment it's legal. Right? I know most states differ. What's everyone's take on this?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

It's Craig's List...what do you expect?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

People are idiots and just have to have something to gripe about.

I wonder how many of the complainers would like to have a Harley but either can't afford it or are afraid to ride.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Who cares what a bunch'a halfwits on Craigslist are saying?

Old 06-02-2014, 12:49 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Craigslist, enough said!!!

Old 06-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmykoz
On craigslist under the rant and raves section there seems to be two main topics. Walmart, and Harley's. Keep in mind this is the Green Bay wi craigslist. The biggest bashing a I've seen are the exhaust. Whining because they are so loud. One person even posted the entire law on mufflers. Another said they don't come from the factory that loud. Not an entirely true statement there now is it? From reading the law as stated im under the impression that if an exhaust stays as it's designed and has all the equipment it's legal. Right? I know most states differ. What's everyone's take on this?
Life is too short to worry about what others you don't even know think.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:55 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,491 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Same here. Pipe noise. Methinks I detecteth the presence of the green eyed monster. I don't know so much if it's jealousy, or if it's because they know that no matter what they ride, a Harley is always gonna be more desireable, & that pisses them off.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Jimmykoz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right. Got it. I know its craigslist. It's lower then a gsxr forum. Interesting reads actually. Pretty stupid people. But what about the state laws in regards to muffler/ exhausts?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Uh...they don't come from the factory that loud. Not like when people put straight pipes on them and just make them obnoxious with no real goal of performance. You know, the same ones that think they have to continuously blip the throttle when they're under 2k rpm.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Jimmy do you mean to tell me that you have EVERY project for the house and the motorcycles done? I mean that would be the only reason to spend time reading Craigslist rants; right?

Quick Reply: Harley bashing on craigslist...