General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get good, cheap insurance?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
BigJonMoo73
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get good, cheap insurance?!

Any help on where you guys/gals got your insurance, for how much, etc... would be great!! Thanks...

Old 04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Where can I get good, cheap insurance?!

Geico.............so easy even a caveman can do it.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM
bradvols
Cruiser

Your myspace says your 23 so nope you arent going to get a good deal on insurance till at least 25. Anyway insurance is like alot of other things you get cheap you generally get cheap service. You could join the military and get USAA I love em.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
BigJonMoo73
Cruiser

LoL... shoot that sucks then. I think they should lower the age to 23... That would be nice. Stupid insurance companies think they're so cool with their age limits... Boo

Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bradvols

Your myspace says your 23 so nope you arent going to get a good deal on insurance till at least 25. Anyway insurance is like alot of other things you get cheap you generally get cheap service. You could join the military and get USAA I love em.
You're right. Talk about service!! Last saturday I trashed the front wheel on my bike because of a rock slide. I have USAA. They told me to go to the dealership and get an estimate to replace it and call them. I went there on Monday and got an estimate for the wheel, tire and labor. I sat in the dealership and called them as they asked. When I got thru giving the girl the breakdown on the estimate (appx $625.00) she said o.k., I'llgetthe money out to you right away. I told her the tire was honestly only a month old and I would gladly send her a copy of the receipt I had to show that the tire was new and she said that wouldn't be necessary. In a matter of a few days I had the check (draft). She didn't even ask me to send her a copy of the estimate.

USAA is pricey but as far as I'm concerned they're well worth it. I've had themfor everything Iown about thirty years now and wouldn't consider changing for anything.

If and when you do compare rates with other people, be sure and take into consideration what coverages and what limits on those coverages they have.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BigJonMoo73

Stupid insurance companies think they're so cool with their age limits... Boo
Yeah, that's why they do it; to be cool. But what the hell do they know? I mean, what with using highly sophisticated statistical reports and such to determine which age groups have proven - over time - to be of higher risk and all...........

Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Russbucket
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked out progressive, allstate, state farm, geico, aim, and my, at the time, current independent agent. I had to put house, cars and bike with them but allstate was the cheapest.
Hope that helps.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
jrtracker
Advanced

Try Markel, I've found them to be very reasonable.

http://www.markelinsuresfun.com/Motorcycle/

Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
bradvols
Cruiser

Same with me, I have only had to call them twice, once on my renters insurance when my apt got broken into, and once when I had a front wheel washout on my 03 Nightrain, I had much more hassle from the MoCo in getting my tank replaced. For all you anniversary owners you can't buy that stripe and re-paint your own tank. Than I did from USAA once call and check was in the mail. They are a little pricey on bike insurance but my auto and renters are way cheaper than others.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
BigJonMoo73
Cruiser

This is some excellent info guys, thanks a lot! I just need to check around and see what kind of rates I can get it looks like. I will try some of your options you have brought up...

Quick Reply: Where can I get good, cheap insurance?!