General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I need to buy a vest or Harley t-shirt

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I find Harley tees better for riding than the cheap shirts that this forum's cheap posters prefer because they are thicker and do not flap in the wind or blow up your back.
Try going faster than 35.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
I hear ya ('ceptin for the last para) ---- when HD offers to pay me for advertising for them I will then start wearing their clothing.
You probably should debadge your bike. It is far and beyond a T shirt for Harley advertising. Plus You already paid Harley a premium to "advertise" for them by not buying a much cheaper metric.

You "rebels" crack me up.

Originally Posted by 04Hali
And yet, both you and the kid are wearing some type of logo ballcaps and the kid is decked out in Fox racing gear. How much does Fox pay the kid to advertise their gear?
The hypocrisy is thick among the "rebels" who don't dare to reveal their favorite teams..

Last edited by TenMidgets; 07-18-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:18 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Try going faster than 35.
So that's what those other five gears are for?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Michael knowles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of going to Starbucks and asking for a large dark coffee. Then they do the lingo thing to program/brainwash you into their world. Like training a monkey, not that's theirs anything wrong with being a trained monkey. Remember " Ape should not kill ape".

Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 AM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
So leaving your son out of it, how much are getting for wearing that hat?
yeah it's a cap from the local Blues Club - nothing to do with HD, which is what my original comment was about - not wearing HD gear. So what's your problem?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What Denver dealer did you go to OP? I have never had any issue at Mile High and, while I do own and wear HD shirts from my travels, I always seem to end up at the dealer in work clothes or FSU shirts. I don't own a vest and I never wear chaps to the dealer.

It's funny you mention it, though, because 95% of the customers I see at the dealer when I find myself there are all in full pirate costume. I work weekends, but it amazes me how many people are at the dealer on a beautiful Saturday when there are miles and miles of wonderful mountain roads just begging to be ridden merely 20 minutes to the West.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
yeah it's a cap from the local Blues Club - nothing to do with HD, which is what my original comment was about - not wearing HD gear. So what's your problem?
You're the one stating unless paid, you aren't going to wear branded clothes.
When pointed out you're wearing branded clothes, you admit it's just HD you won't wear. Kind of leaves a hole in your reasoning wouldn't you agree?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Interesting thread. It's gone off in three different directions, but then internet hijacks are to be expected.

I don't think it's as much the OP needing to grow a pair as it is that the parts guy's a dick. Ok, I agree, after it became clear I was being ignored, I probably would have raised my hand and asked: "dafuque??".

Otoh, when I drop by my dealership after playing golf and show up in full yuppie armor--khaki shorts, polo shirt and golfer tan, everybody calls me by my first name. The parts guy asks "Wassup, Clay?", and I reply: "I wasn't certain if anybody had screwed with you yet today, so I volunteered to come down and take care of it."

It's all in the approach.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I have 3 HD t-shirts. I did not buy them, they were gifts. I have 2 HD leather jackets. My mom used to volunteer at a Lutheran thrift store and they came in with a load of stuff from an estate sale leftovers. She gave the store $20 and I paid her back. So I did pay for 2 jackets I guess.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 48,332 Likes on 18,753 Posts

Whether or not you have a t-shirt I would hazard a guess that if you had these on and dropped your drawers you'd get noticed ... just sayin'

Last edited by Uncle Larry; 01-01-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Why I need to buy a vest or Harley t-shirt