General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

RSD Black Ops Clarity Rocker Box Powder Coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 12:23 AM
DirtySo.Cal
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSD Black Ops Clarity Rocker Box Powder Coating

Hi,

I just purchased a 2015 flhxs and I'm ready to begin customizing and blacking it out. Has anyone installed an rsd black ops rocker box cover that can share pics, likes/dislikes or thoughts? I am thinking of going with the complete line of black ops clarity products and considering powder coating them gloss black as opposed to the matt finish. Has this been done or can it be done? Any recommendations for a reputable customizing shop in Southern California (preferably Inland Empire).

Thanks

Old 02-24-2015, 02:42 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

I don't have anything made by RSD but why would you want these particular rocker boxes when you can't see the tops of them on a touring bike? Why not the Gloss black ones from HD? ($240 vs. $800) I know which way I'd go.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:05 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

^Because he is going with a certain theme and if he has all the rest of the clarity line stuff shy of the rocker boxes it just won't be right. As far as cost goes, who cares about the price difference, its his money and his bike...

Old 02-24-2015, 09:05 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
^Because he is going with a certain theme and if he has all the rest of the clarity line stuff shy of the rocker boxes it just won't be right. As far as cost goes, who cares about the price difference, its his money and his bike...
That's an astute observation there Sherlock. I would have never guessed that all by myself.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:34 PM
DirtySo.Cal
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dfwhockey17 is right, I want to maintain the same theme. A majority of my bike will be RSD parts and since the price difference isn't much between the regular RSD rocker covers and the clarity, I might as well keep the whole clarity line going. I just want to see if powder coating is possible. I think gloss black powder coat will make the glass standout.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DirtySo.Cal
dfwhockey17 is right, I want to maintain the same theme. A majority of my bike will be RSD parts and since the price difference isn't much between the regular RSD rocker covers and the clarity, I might as well keep the whole clarity line going. I just want to see if powder coating is possible. I think gloss black powder coat will make the glass standout.
But you won't be able to see the glass with the way the fuel tank sits, that was my whole point! Those rocker boxes are mostly meant for skinny bobber style tanks but it's your $$$.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:55 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DirtySo.Cal
But you won't be able to see the glass with the way the fuel tank sits, that was my whole point! Those rocker boxes are mostly meant for skinny *** bobber style peanut tanks but it's your $$$.