Bad experience Turned Good with Surdyke

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 07:38 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by shimaze
Matt,

I appreciate your positive response and for looking into matter. I think we can all agree that there was a positive outcome to this predicament. Getting my disputed $15.11 back was insignificant compared to coming to understand that Surdyke and its staff is honest company that is certainly worthy of doing business with. I accepted your invitation of doing business with Surdyke again and I ordered the same items with the correct grips. I also closed the case with PayPal.

And in light of your personal attention to matter, I donated the disputed $15.11 to the Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation.

Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation

Harley Fundraiser

you sir are what we call a class act . bravo !

Old 06-02-2018, 12:21 AM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking All wounds are healed

I think I should have voice my concerns and stated my complaint WITHOUT reference to a competitor. Looking back, I think it was highly inappropriate for me to mention Boardtracker. Both companies are good to work with. One thing to consider is that Surdyke is a forum sponsor, a service (and expense) that benefits us all. I too have ordered parts from Surdyke in the past with positive results.

I think what caused this problem is the computerized ordering system simply had no way to charge a cancelation fee for just the grips and then create a new order with the other parts. Of course it was my fault for changing my mind in the first place and for that I deserved to pay a fee for changing the order.

Thanks to Matt for helping me out and for all the replies. I think we all learned from this and can walk away being kinder and more understanding of each other, This is how we grow ... now let's go ride!!!

Old 06-02-2018, 04:14 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Glad the issue was resolved. Sad to hear about young Thomas. R.I.P.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:33 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Hi Matt, I took a chance you would catch this post and you did. I want to thank you for standing up with a fine company !
I think I'll leave this thread here for everyone to read. I changed the header.
Thanks to everyone for their positive input.
Thank you Matt for Surdyke's support also.
Everyone have a great day !

Sloufoot
HDF Moderator

The following 2 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Ron750 (06-02-2018), Surdyke.com (06-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 06:06 AM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for changing the header!

Old 06-02-2018, 01:41 PM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by shimaze
Matt,

I appreciate your positive response and for looking into matter. I think we can all agree that there was a positive outcome to this predicament. Getting my disputed $15.11 back was insignificant compared to coming to understand that Surdyke and its staff is honest company that is certainly worthy of doing business with. I accepted your invitation of doing business with Surdyke again and I ordered the same items with the correct grips. I also closed the case with PayPal.

And in light of your personal attention to matter, I donated the disputed $15.11 to the Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation.

Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation

Harley Fundraiser

Well done my friend well done by both you and the retailer.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by Surdyke.com
I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I would first and foremost like to personally apologize for how this was handled via our support staff. While we do have processes in place, we missed handling this correctly. I have had a meeting with our support staff to prevent this from happening again. I have already issued a refund to PayPal for the amount. I would please ask that you give us another chance to prove we are better than the competition.

Matt.
If and when I have any needs you will be getting my business, wish more would follow this example of how treat customers.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:40 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Glad the issue was resolved. Sad to hear about young Thomas. R.I.P.

That's why they changed their name to Gold Star.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Cricket11
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I, Too, have had positive results with Surdyke over the years, and they have helped me tremendously. I wish to thank Matt, and the team there, a BIG Thank You for helping this gentleman. Bravo-Zulu Guys!

Old 06-19-2018, 02:19 PM
J3TVETTE
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

I have been buying from Surdyke for MANY years. They have always been good to me. Back when Louis Finigan was still working over there, awesome guy! Love a company that actually delivers on their word. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Bad experience Turned Good with Surdyke