Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

Bad experience Turned Good with Surdyke

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 07:43 PM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation Bad experience Turned Good with Surdyke

I recently had a bad experience with Surdyke. I ordered a set of Get-A-Grip grips (HD# 56100009), frame protectors (HD# 94675-99), and 2 long length mirrors (HD #'s 91848-03B & 91846-03B). I placed the order on May 17th, 2018. As of May 21st, they had still not shipped. I called on May 21st to change the grips to Chrome & Rubber (HD# 56263-96A) that costs $4.11 more. This is where the order went south…

I was more than willing to pay the difference, but the customer service representative was seemingly more interested in collecting $15 from me. I was even willing to pay a restocking fee on just the grips, but when I did a partial cancel of the grips on the order, I then did not meet the $149 threshold needed for free shipping. They would not in any way allow me to reorder all the other parts to create a new order that would qualify for free shipping. The only two choices I was given was to pay shipping for two orders or pay a restocking fee on all the parts even though the frame protectors and mirrors would not be restocked and instead resold to me on a new order. Again, this mess was all caused by hand grips that cost an additional $4.11.

I filed a dispute with PayPal, but that was virtually useless. PayPal said:“We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because a credit for this transaction has already posted to your account.”PayPal simply refused to acknowledge the $15.11 difference between the original amount and the refund. I really think Surdyke could have issued a $1 refund and so long as PayPal saw a refund posted, they would still deny my claim. I could see a small fee for changing the grips, but not allowing me to reorder the different grips and other parts without restocking fee for the whole order or paying for shipping of two separate orders is ridiculous!

I usually order my parts from Boardtracker and they have been great. The gentleman that handles the online has called me several times and replied to multiple emails when I had questions. When I ordered a speedometer, he called me to verify that the mileage had not changed and shipped it separate from the rest of my order at no additional cost. They also offer an “add to order” option for adding additional parts to an order that has not yet shipped. And they also stock common items such as grips that typically ship the next business day. They too have a 20% restocking fee that applies to parts that are shipped, returned and restocked which seems fair.

I have appealed this decision and asked for PayPal and Surdyke to acknowledge and then justify the $15.11 cancelation fee and to not simply rubber stamp it because a refund has already been issued.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:22 PM
Surdyke.com
Former Sponsor
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I would first and foremost like to personally apologize for how this was handled via our support staff. While we do have processes in place, we missed handling this correctly. I have had a meeting with our support staff to prevent this from happening again. I have already issued a refund to PayPal for the amount. I would please ask that you give us another chance to prove we are better than the competition.

Matt.

The following 4 users liked this post by Surdyke.com:
2ROWDY (05-31-2018), Bdeuce12 (08-24-2018), not_so_newb (05-31-2018), shimaze (06-01-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 01:45 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by surdyke.com
i would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. i would first and foremost like to personally apologize for how this was handled via our support staff. While we do have processes in place, we missed handling this correctly. I have had a meeting with our support staff to prevent this from happening again. I have already issued a refund to paypal for the amount. I would please ask that you give us another chance to prove we are better than the competition.

Matt.
wow !

Old 05-31-2018, 02:31 PM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,998 Likes on 12,901 Posts

Cool response

Old 05-31-2018, 04:14 PM
2ROWDY
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

It is a shame that this seemingly simple fix had to come to social media or an online forum to be resolved.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:09 PM
shimaze
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up Bad experience turned positive!

Matt,

I appreciate your positive response and for looking into matter. I think we can all agree that there was a positive outcome to this predicament. Getting my disputed $15.11 back was insignificant compared to coming to understand that Surdyke and its staff is honest company that is certainly worthy of doing business with. I accepted your invitation of doing business with Surdyke again and I ordered the same items with the correct grips. I also closed the case with PayPal.

And in light of your personal attention to matter, I donated the disputed $15.11 to the Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation.

Cadet Thomas Surdyke Memorial Foundation

Harley Fundraiser

Last edited by shimaze; 06-01-2018 at 07:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by shimaze:
not_so_newb (06-01-2018), Surdyke.com (06-02-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 194 Posts

Never had bad experience and I'm speechless how quickly they resolve the issue.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

I use Surdyke exclusively now and never had issue. Matter of fact, I just got a pillion and a set of GAG’s. I can see how in this situation things became skewed, glad it’s worked out. Boardtracker is just too slow shipping, too expensive and ships free at a higher total.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:28 PM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have bought lots of parts from Surdyke over the years and never had a problem. Shipping is slow, but there prices are the best.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:36 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ROWDY
It is a shame that this seemingly simple fix had to come to social media or an online forum to be resolved.
i guess , but with many companies these days updating their Facebook page before they update their web page and getting word out to customers on Twitter (not in reference to Surdyke in any way) i think we'll find it becomes more common to see these issues resolved in public . and social media shouldn't be just another way to advertise , it's meant as a communication tool that works in both directions . i think in this case it worked very well for both parties .

Quick Reply: Bad experience Turned Good with Surdyke