Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Midwest meet june 9th and 10th

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 10:08 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
And about a half hour south of that is The Great River Roadhouse. DeSoto WI if anyone wants to look into it. Great view of the river. You can sit inside or out and have always had great times there. Just my 02.
Kris
I think we can all kind of play by ear once we leave or the night before. End goal is get a good ride in, great scenery, and accommodate all parties as much as possible. Can't make everyone fully happy but finding a happy medium that is a good compromise for all.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:34 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Wife plans to come with but subject to change. Matt if you plan on meeting up with yooper and I we can work out the details as we get closer.
Kris
Originally Posted by yooperhog
absolutely

Well, if we end up going from Ludington on the SS Badger we would be in Manitowoc area right around noon CT. Not sure where that would put you guys for a meet up location, but if we end up staying the night closer to the ferry instead of leaving the house at 5am, I'd definitely like to stay near Ludington vs. Muskegon (unless we stay at my wife's brothers' place in Grand Rapids). Still in the air and lots of time to figure it out, but it would be nice to ride in with a couple others.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:45 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Sly,
Thanks for all your efforts. This should be a great ride with some great guys that we all finally get to put name to face. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

The following users liked this post:
slyedog (04-04-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 03:55 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Well, if we end up going from Ludington on the SS Badger we would be in Manitowoc area right around noon CT. Not sure where that would put you guys for a meet up location, but if we end up staying the night closer to the ferry instead of leaving the house at 5am, I'd definitely like to stay near Ludington vs. Muskegon (unless we stay at my wife's brothers' place in Grand Rapids). Still in the air and lots of time to figure it out, but it would be nice to ride in with a couple others.
id have no problem meeting you in manitowoc at noon

Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog
id have no problem meeting you in manitowoc at noon
Then about 170 or so miles to near me and we head south. Or we can meet up south someplace. I agree with riding in together even if it takes a little flexibility.
Kris

Old 04-04-2017, 08:43 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 203 Likes on 165 Posts

Thanks T for putting all this together and everyone for offering routes. Looking forward to going with the flow. The less planning the better IMO

Old 04-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 390 Posts

Thanks Sly
We have talked about this a few times I'm the past.
I'm glad the reality is finally becoming a reality. It is going to nice to meet up with a few members from here that I have meet already and to meet MORE members.
The response has been overwhelming to this meet up.
I hope that Savana is ready for this group because it looks like it is going to be one hell of a GOOD TIME.

If there is anyone going that is from the southwest area of Chicago or coming thru that area let me know and we can find a meeting spot and ride together.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Thanks T for putting all this together and everyone for offering routes. Looking forward to going with the flow. The less planning the better IMO
T ???? LOL
Originally Posted by Babyboy
Thanks Sly
We have talked about this a few times I'm the past.
I'm glad the reality is finally becoming a reality. It is going to nice to meet up with a few members from here that I have meet already and to meet MORE members.
The response has been overwhelming to this meet up.
I hope that Savana is ready for this group because it looks like it is going to be one hell of a GOOD TIME.

If there is anyone going that is from the southwest area of Chicago or coming thru that area let me know and we can find a meeting spot and ride together.
Nice to put traction to a idea. Expect a great time and nice riding to be had by all. Hopefully we do not get ran out of town before we can spend the night LOL

Old 04-05-2017, 12:54 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy

One of my three options is staying the night somewhere near the Michigan/Indiana/Illinois border and then head over to Savanna. If we do that we plan to ride over to Holland, MI and then ride the coast down to wherever we call home for the night. From there we would head south from Michigan City, pick up 30 to avoid Chicago (either way we will be heading home this way). There is also a chance of heading west from Milwaukee if we take the ferry from Muskegon, not sure how far off that would be from you.

Going to make a decision here in the next few weeks.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:15 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rv7garage
Is there any good campgrounds to use? I'm interested but prefer to camp out
poopy has free camping

Quick Reply: Midwest meet june 9th and 10th