Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

IL/WI Motley Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default IL/WI Motley Bikers

Whats happened to you guys? Did you all crawl in to you're caves to hibernate and wait out the winter? Speak up, whats going on, are you going to do any upgrades to you're bikes over the winter, are you going to put skis on the front, chains on the rear say to hell with the snow and then ride all winter. How about some ideas for when warmer weather gets back. What about this for an idea when it warms up in the spring and since the outfit that Snowgirl works for has something to do with Boats we all govisit her at work and she can sneak us a boat and we can all go for a nice cruise on the lake. Come on people my ideas wont be getting any better for another 6 months they will just keep going down hill from now till about March.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
earthdog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IL/WI Motley Bikers

I think thats a good idea, with the boat thing.
The wife and I are coming back up to H.O.T.R. to use the rest of that ticket at the end of the month, maybe we can meet up and have a few beers...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member

That sound like a plan. Do you know if any one besides us got tickets for the whole tour?

Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 PM
earthdog
Tourer

I don't know for sure, might be we were the only ones..
My wife wants to see all the x-mas stuff there.
I'll get a hold of you when I know we are going.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
RichDIV
Cruiser

I'm still here. Been down with my back for the past couple weeks, but I feel much better now. Been driving me crazy being off the bike. It's not winterized yet and I don't think I'll be doing much with it in that respect for a while with the exception of some Stabil in the fuel. I'll keep it ready to roll as long as I can until the first sign of salting on the roads! Going to try and do the Toy for Tots runNovember 17. Gotta work out some details with my daughters visitation.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Motley Bikers '08 willleave '07 in the dust with a lifetime's worthof thedrinking [sm=icon_cheers.gif],debauchery[sm=crossbonesgif.gif] and generally socially unacceptable behavior[sm=lildevil.gif] all tightly packed into one season of adventure.Longer trips-over nighters,and maybe some destinations that will bring us into the ceremonial riding grounds of our HDF Brothers & Sisters who are many miles away.------Mymotorcycle is currentlysurrounded by Iraqbattle hardenedBlackwater Special Forces Securitypersonel.As youwould expect....my upgrades are a closely guarded secret and will be unleashed during thefirst Motley ride of '08.
[sm=biker.gif]

Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: JB

Whats happened to you guys? Did you all crawl in to you're caves to hibernate and wait out the winter? Speak up, whats going on, are you going to do any upgrades to you're bikes over the winter, are you going to put skis on the front, chains on the rear say to hell with the snow and then ride all winter. How about some ideas for when warmer weather gets back. What about this for an idea when it warms up in the spring and since the outfit that Snowgirl works for has something to do with Boats we all govisit her at work and she can sneak us a boat and we can all go for a nice cruise on the lake. Come on people my ideas wont be getting any better for another 6 months they will just keep going down hill from now till about March.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
The lake cruise sounds good if Snowy can hook that up...

Here's what I'm thinking about for early rides (Besidesfavorite S.E.Wisconsin destinations)

* Get out west,catch JB along the way and run Rt 2 down the Rock River maybe hit the FireHouse or Messey's for lunch.(Early May ?)

* Run down to meet the riders from Indy ( Mid to late May ?)

* Harley Davidson Forum Midwest Rally & Illinois State HOG Rally Effingham,IL. June 6th & 7 th

* Balltown Ia / Breitbach's ( June ? )

Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey jb i have been adding goodies and refuse to put her away just yet. we have a toys for tots run next sunday at mchenry hd so she will not be put away untill after then. i cant wait for spring rides and to see everyone on the rd again

Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

marc that sounds like a great list of rides i am in

Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds good . I was thinking about the Mid-West get together too, it would be a cool run if we could get a bunch of us all together to make that trip. Head down Friday and come back Sunday, and its definitely a good time. Just ask Slash this last year he found out he had a secret unknown talent when it comes to the use of a whip.

Quick Reply: IL/WI Motley Bikers