Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

The Wide Glide Frankenstein Trike Conversion Has Begun...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 11:52 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,850 Likes on 1,355 Posts

love those tiny "truckbed" setups. really puts a use to a lot of lost space on these conversions and fills the gap nicely. that would be on my list... but so would robbing a bank to afford it. nice to see some quality trike builds. don't have one... but the day is coming faster than I'd care to admit. sorry to hijack.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 03:18 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Really becoming comfortable on the bike now; this thing has turned in to a people magnet at fuel stops. Everyone wants to know what it is, and why HD doesn't build something this 'cool'

I may need to talk to Daniel at Frankenstein and get some business cards and bumper stickers; and, work out some sort of commission. Once people see a Frankenstein conversion the kits sell themselves.

I do believe that rear suspension has moved up to the top of my upgrades want list. Even at the #5 preload, these OEM's are only adequate. The research begins.

A few images; ignore the second one. I've already been informed by a forum member that I'm a 'creepy looking old goat'. Perhaps; but, I sure know how to have fun on a motorcycle

The following 3 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
BikerPepe` (07-04-2018), Dieselnerd (07-04-2018), NCBANDIT (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 10:33 PM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Lol!! People magnets they are for sure. Tell Daniel to send my commission checks too.

TinCupChalice (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:10 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

Lovely.....The Trike not so much the Old Goat! (No offence meant or implied!)

Old 07-04-2018, 07:57 AM
Dieselnerd
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

The only way I'll post a picture of myself on my trike is if I'm wearing my helmet. Creepy old goat would be a compliment!

Old 07-04-2018, 10:39 AM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts
Default nor to hijack

Originally Posted by NCBANDIT
Lol!! People magnets they are for sure. Tell Daniel to send my commission checks too.
Don't mean to hijack but Bandit. How did you make out with the fillings in your primary ?
And yes that is one good looking trike

Old 07-04-2018, 12:23 PM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gerald martin
Don't mean to hijack but Bandit. How did you make out with the fillings in your primary ?
And yes that is one good looking trike
Hey Gerald, I found out that my warranty has been void ever since I had the bank angle sender reprogrammed to trike mode. The MOCO picked up on it and flagged my VIN#. Since it is running so well I decided to check it again after 2000 miles and see if it has continued. I am hoping the dealer never actually changed the fluid during the 1000 mile service and it was just break in material. We shall see!!

TinCupChalice (07-05-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:50 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,308 Posts

TC, never saw this "mod" coming.

Just saw this thread today and read thru the whole thing. Turned out great!

Glad you're enjoying 3 wheels, wheelies, drifting, more relaxed ride, etc. btw, they will flip...just gotta find the limit without actually flipping it!

Give me a call or an email on your rear shocks.

Wow! Still in shock, but I know you gotta be loving it!

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

TinCupChalice (07-19-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 12:19 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts

Hey Tin Cup
Just checking up on your trike. You must have a few thousand miles on it by now, How's it working? Any troubles ? How is the steering or have you gone to raked trees? I bet you get a lot of praise on it
Have a great day
Gerald

TinCupChalice (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 05:59 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Everything has been going exceptionally; I simply love this bike. Why did I wait so long to do this? The conversion is flawless; once you see how it's going to feel in those first few miles you don't go back. I've yet to put my feet down while riding; I learned that lesson in the garage rolling her forward; my right boot got caught under the 265/50 and near pulled me off the bike. I don't make stupid mistakes twice

I'm still running the stock Wide Glide trees with +3" over Wide Glide fork tubes. Does it steer heavy? I really don't know; I have an example of one and the slow speed handling and cornering isn't causing me any issues at all. I think about going to trees with more rake but then I realize I'm going to go to even longer tubes if I go to more rake to keep that 'look' she has. It's a vicious cycle I'm having so much fun right now riding right now that thoughts of more mods are on the back-burner. But not for long.

You really need to do your conversion, jus' sayin'

This bike is a magnet; the last two bike nights I can't even walk away from her; so many questions, so many people wanting to know what it is. I actually didn't anticipate that; it really does attract everyone.

I have zero regrets!

Did a great 245 mile ride today; I hit the billet axle with Mother's before I left; that axle housing is becoming a mirror!

Back in the garage after another exceptional ride...

Quick Reply: The Wide Glide Frankenstein Trike Conversion Has Begun...