Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Took the old boy out for a ride in the sidecar today

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:34 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 308 Likes on 194 Posts
Default Took the old boy out for a ride in the sidecar today

Hello All,

Rode down from the house and picked up Dad. Went for a nice loop ~ 100 km. It was colder about 4C and would switch from dense fog to sunshine. Gotta love winter riding.
He can be grumpy, old dad. He's 72 and 5/6 [ha ha.]
It was a nice bonding activity as he never rode, and I am a bit of a black sheep for being the only rider in the family. We rode down by the ocean a bit, by his old workplace [32 years there...] and by the old house I grew up in. [22 years for me, 31 years for him and mom]. Mom would have loved it - the side car.
The fuel economy kinda sucks with the side car though...

I still have to get matching tail lights though...

Old 01-15-2019, 03:40 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,628 Likes on 5,180 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
Hello All,

Rode down from the house and picked up Dad. Went for a nice loop ~ 100 km. It was colder about 4C and would switch from dense fog to sunshine. Gotta love winter riding.
He can be grumpy, old dad. He's 72 and 5/6 [ha ha.]
It was a nice bonding activity as he never rode, and I am a bit of a black sheep for being the only rider in the family. We rode down by the ocean a bit, by his old workplace [32 years there...] and by the old house I grew up in. [22 years for me, 31 years for him and mom]. Mom would have loved it - the side car.
The fuel economy kinda sucks with the side car though...

I still have to get matching tail lights though...
That is cool. We do a few events each year , retirement home they range fro 80's to oldest last year was 98. They get a chance to enjoy the ride again. We also do events for handicap children