Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Sidecar Parts and accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 05:30 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sidecar Parts and accessories

I just picked up a 2005 HD sidecar. Just needs to be paint matched to the bike.
I’d like to do some customizing, additional lighting, storage, etc...
I’ve looked around but haven’t found a good source of parts and accessories for sidecars.
If there is a company, website, catalog etc...I’d love to know about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:44 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,622 Likes on 5,178 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddy G
I just picked up a 2005 HD sidecar. Just needs to be paint matched to the bike.
I’d like to do some customizing, additional lighting, storage, etc...
I’ve looked around but haven’t found a good source of parts and accessories for sidecars.
If there is a company, website, catalog etc...I’d love to know about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not an easy task , but something you will get figured out . Mounting hardware can be hard to find but not impossible. I will point you in this direction. Their web sight is some what of a pain for some. But they are 100% top of the line in what they do and phone calls can often help clear up issues. If you are new to the sidecar world, take your time no short cuts and ignore the "They say crowd" they don't have a clue. Stay in touch a few here have been there done that and can help. Good luck. Done right sidecars are a blast.
https://www.dmcsidecars.com/

Old 04-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

The car's 100% mounts and all. Other then the color and some odds and ends (mostly cosmetic) I could just bolt it on and go.
The rear brake lights red and the lens on my electra glide is smoke, orange fender light, and things like that I can get from Harley.
I was thinking more about additional lighting idea's, adding a head / spot light or something like that. Maybe mounting an ipad or something (for the wife).

Old 04-07-2019, 12:54 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

The car's 100% mounts and all. Other then the color and some odds and ends (mostly cosmetic) I could just bolt it on and go.
The rear brake lights red and the lens on my electra glide is smoke, orange fender light, and things like that I can get from Harley.
I was thinking more about additional lighting idea's, adding a head / spot light or something like that. Maybe mounting an ipad or something (for the wife).
You are very lucky often the mounts or parts of them are missing. Adding better or more lights is easy. On an 05 if you add LEDs you will need load equalizers in most case. Wire in a 12 volt power port and a couple USB plugs. The White light added to sidecar on front is not really a head light as much as a white marker. They make very nice LED's the work well . Same things you find as Ditch or some times called passing lights. They help light up the road edge . Of course this in Not an HD sidecar but same idea Lights are all wire right into the HD plugs in the rear.
HD tail light and LED spoiler light. Second on shows an LED light on the front. For the most part if you can dream it you can do it. I know most states have a law no more than 4 white to the front but They do not count the head light as two so it is legit.
On one of ours I have added heated seat pad . If this is your first adventure into a sidecar your most like in for a lot of fun.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cceDie]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PWiKh5]

Last edited by smitty901; 04-07-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:13 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Smitty, I was considering going by DMC this year to check things out. Thanks for your recommendation as your sidecar knowledge is respected.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

[QUOTE=smitty901;18164948] If this is your first adventure into a sidecar your most like in for a lot of fun.]QUOTE]

I've never ridden in or with a sidecar. I've never even sat on a bike with a sidecar.....I've just always wanted one...
Been keeping an eye out for one for years. Had a chance last fall but it was gone before I could pull the plug, my bad....
I've got an FXRP and a Springer so the sidecar on the Electra Glide Classic just made sense to me...cuz it's just plain bad ***...

Last edited by Eddy G; 04-07-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

What bike are you mounting it to? I have an 11 Limited with matching sidecar.
With that being said it came (factory) with speakers and had rear audio controls on it so the passenger has control of the volume. It looks like a CVO overlay harness with the CVO under trunk amp was what they used. Something to think about if you want to get some tunes over there in the sidecar.
Good luck and have fun with the sidecar rig.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

I run Sena headsets though our helmets and Bluetooth music and communication that way. I'm thinking of mounting a tablet or ipad for my wifes use during longer road trips... might be a little easier to read and operate than a cell phone...

Old 04-07-2019, 06:36 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

I run Sena headsets though our helmets and Bluetooth music and communication that way. I'm thinking of mounting a tablet or ipad for my wifes use during longer road trips... might be a little easier to read and operate than a cell phone...
All good ideas. With a 12 volt power port heated seat and blanket can help in cooler weather also. Welcome to the world of sidecars. There is a learning curve but nothing most would have a problem with. You ride a bike , you drive a sidecar. Those of us that do own and use sidecar will help all we can.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Eddy G
Road Master

Originally Posted by smitty901
All good ideas. With a 12 volt power port heated seat and blanket can help in cooler weather also. Welcome to the world of sidecars. There is a learning curve but nothing most would have a problem with. You ride a bike , you drive a sidecar. Those of us that do own and use sidecar will help all we can.
Thanks, I appreciate all the advise and help. I've been watching a few YouTube videos, visiting websites and stuff just to get ready. I'll admit I'm a little nervous about it but believe I'll get it in time. The heated seat's an awesome idea, hadn't thought of that one...Once its all power coated, painted and mounted I'll get some pictures up...The painters a month out so I'm hoping to have it on the road by June.

Quick Reply: Sidecar Parts and accessories