Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Stage I for new TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:53 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ON-3
Cubbear; for me, the extra power is not the issue. The mufflers, AC, and reprogrammed ECM will help alleviate the high heat caused by the lean burn settings. I just want to cool this thing down; any "extra power" is just a bonus!
ON-3. I agree with you totally. That is exactly why I am going to have a Stage 1 done on my Trike.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the only bummer thing about trading in my Wife's 07 SG.
We did the SE A/C, SE pipes and a PC III already and yes it makes
the bike run cooler and makes the bike get up and go better.
We also did the oil cooler and the mid frame air deflectors but
the Tri Glide already has those. I think the 1st thing she will
get is the rear bumper !
Rob ....

Old 06-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ON-3
Cubbear; for me, the extra power is not the issue. The mufflers, AC, and reprogrammed ECM will help alleviate the high heat caused by the lean burn settings. I just want to cool this thing down; any "extra power" is just a bonus!
Ditto!!! on the heat and the bonus power.. Compared to my EGlide this Tri is freakin roastin!!!!!!!

Anyways the MOCO would probably send them out StageI from the factory if it was compliant but its not so they choke em up. Im sure they dont want to HAVE to run there motors so lean and hot but theyve got no choice.

I talked to Jamie at Fuelmoto and the PC V, AC, and muffler package is $695 shipped. I think Ill go that route. I paid that much for the Rhinehearts or the Thundermax alone.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Are you all riding in the friggin' desert? Am I the only one that's running with a cool (to me) engine.

I'll leave mine stock...just add the V&H slip-ons for the rumble.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Spudster
Are you all riding in the friggin' desert? Am I the only one that's running with a cool (to me) engine.

I'll leave mine stock...just add the V&H slip-ons for the rumble.
If yours aint runnin hot stock you must have a miracle motor. You got a stage I around to compare it to? Matter of fact if you're runnin just slipons youre defintely runnin hotter because youre now leaner than stock unless the ECM and O2 sensors are wide enough and can make up the difference.
By the way Im in Jersey,and so far this year not exactly the tropics.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 PM
bsindian
Novice

How do the Tri Glides handle on highway, I took a Tri Glide for a demo just around the city, the clutch seemed real stiff, I have an 09 Ultra with hyd clutch which is pretty light to engage, the demo was pretty good but seems like you have to keep both hands pretty tight on grips. I liked it and would like one but seems like the highway would be like the city ride. Any comments would be helpful.

09 Ultra
103 Stage 2
SERT, SE A/C

Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

I have both. Handles real nice on the Highway. Better than the 2 wheeled version. Clutch to me is no different in feel than my 07 EG Classic. Its got the EZ pull clutch that they put out in new in 07 and the 09s have it to.
Basicaly I think they're both comfortable...you just steer them different.
Im used to Trikes though as weve had one for a couple years.
The rake and steering damper make a lot of difference compared to the Sportster trike we had. The steering is as light as a feather on the TriGlide where as on the Sporty you had to muscle it.
You woul;d just need to spend some time with it. You'd grow to love it.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glyder is correct. It takes some time to get use to. I came off an 06 Ultra which I dearly loved. BB 95, SE 204 cams, head work, SERT, and Pro Tuner by Headquarters. I had the engine built because I was going to trike it. When HD came out with the Tri Glide and 2 year warrenty, it was a no brainer. The Tri Glide is one heck of a nice ride. You can't go wrong IMHO.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
bsindian
Novice

Thanks Glyder and Oldmsocko, makes the decision a little easier.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got my Tri back from the Dealer Reggie Pink White Plains NY. They Fixed The leaking ACR replaced it with a new one. That took care of the popping noise that sounded like a exhaust pipe leak from the front cylinder head pipe. They had to remove gas tank and rocker box to get to the ACR. They did a excellent job never would of known they took it apart. This was covered under Warranty. Now for the fun stuff I had a stageONE done. SE stage 1A/C part# 29260-8. Crome backplate kit 29624-08. SE pro super tuner 32109-8A. SE slipons slash down 80491-07 these are non cat 49 state not legal in the state of Cal. Runs,Sounds great a bit more power not neck snapping runs a bit cooler. Im happy I did not tell them to fix the trunk leak as I don't ride in the rain or wash my Tri with a hose. When a final fix is out there then i'll have that addressed. This dealership has older technicians that have years of experience. Plus they don't park the bikes outside. Once the bike is in the shop it stays in the shop till it's picked up. Also they cleaned the Tri which is Black got rid of the Swirl Marks. Im Happy of the out come all good.

Last edited by carlo; 06-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Stage I for new TriGlide