Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Stage I for new TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage I for new TriGlide

Well...went and did it. Traded the old ladys 08 Lehman/1200C Sportstrer Trike and got her a Vivid Black TriGlide. She just didnt have anywhere to put anything..this thing needs another gear..its to small etc.etc. and ya know....ya only live once. LOL!! Shes on her third bike since early o7. This one is it!! I never rode "bitch"...I did yesterday!!! She had no problem hoppin right on and ridin it like shes been doin it for years and I enjoyed ridin behind her and seeing how far shes come with her ridin skills close up. I asked her if she wanted me to drive it home..shes just gave me the look and fired it up...I got on and off we went. Shes put 260 miles on it since yesterday so shes halfway to breakin..and thats in between rainstorms that weve been getting every day here..Anyway....

What are you guys doing for Stage I? On my 07 EGlide Classic Ive got a K&N 3909 AC,Rhinehart True Duals and a Zippers Thundermax. Im happy with what I have but it was pricey and Id like to not break the bank this time. She had a Screamin Eagle AC,HD download and Vance and Hines slipons on the Sportster and it ran sweet all the time we had it.
I understand Fuelmoto/Jamie has a package of a PC V,AC and Jackpot mufflers pretty reasonble. Anybody run this setup? Do they have maps for the 103"?
Any other suggestions.????????

Last edited by Glyder; 06-21-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes they do have the Stage 1 download for the 103. I have purchased the Screamin Eagle air cleaner and 4 inch Screamin exhaust. I will install the air cleaner shortly and have the stage 1 downloaded.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Yes they do have the Stage 1 download for the 103. I have purchased the Screamin Eagle air cleaner and 4 inch Screamin exhaust. I will install the air cleaner shortly and have the stage 1 downloaded.
Can you e-mail me the info on that? My dealer swears that there isn't any download for the 103" motor.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
tririder
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with a SE air cleaner, Python slip ons, SERT, and since I didn't have a dealer close by with a dyno tuner for a trike, my dealer called MoCo and got a download from them for the 103. I also had SE 255 cams and SE adjustable push rods installed for that little added pick up......

Old 06-22-2009, 06:18 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

What tririder said. The down load comes from HD. My dealer and customer service at HD told me that thay had a download for the 103.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:42 PM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tririder
I went with a SE air cleaner, Python slip ons, SERT, and since I didn't have a dealer close by with a dyno tuner for a trike, my dealer called MoCo and got a download from them for the 103. I also had SE 255 cams and SE adjustable push rods installed for that little added pick up......
Dammm .... That must move along rather nicely now ;-)
My wife was impressed with the pickup from the stock motor when she demo'ed the Tri Glide.
Rob .....

Last edited by robandlyn; 06-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
ON-3
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you need a SERT to get the 103 download? I had a 103 kit in my '07, they just re-flashed the ECM ($149.95)

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
cubbear42
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't have all the 'extras' listed above and we move along quite fast when we want to... Many areas in Texas are 80MPH and our speed has been higher than that...

Really, don't know why you all need that 'extra power' for many parts of the country especially the Northeast - most of the roads are not in condition for riding fast; nor are the posted speed limits along with the narrow/winding/roads....

Still in Connecticut visiting family - most likely will be here until after July 4th...

Last edited by cubbear42; 06-23-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added last sentence re: CT
Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by ON-3
Do you need a SERT to get the 103 download? I had a 103 kit in my '07, they just re-flashed the ECM ($149.95)
You don't need the SERT just an ECM re-flash.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 AM
ON-3
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cubbear; for me, the extra power is not the issue. The mufflers, AC, and reprogrammed ECM will help alleviate the high heat caused by the lean burn settings. I just want to cool this thing down; any "extra power" is just a bonus!

Originally Posted by cubbear42
We don't have all the 'extras' listed above and we move along quite fast when we want to... Many areas in Texas are 80MPH and our speed has been higher than that...

Really, don't know why you all need that 'extra power' for many parts of the country especially the Northeast - most of the roads are not in condition for riding fast; nor are the posted speed limits along with the narrow/winding/roads....

Still in Connecticut visiting family - most likely will be here until after July 4th...

Quick Reply: Stage I for new TriGlide