Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Hacked, Conversions and Trailering (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hacked-conversions-and-trailering-100/)
-   -   what do you not like about having a trike (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hacked-conversions-and-trailering/701776-what-do-you-not-like-about-having-a-trike.html)

bullet 10 03-15-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 46u (Post 10295342)
I do not own one and do not care to but the biggest draw back is gas millage. All so it is not a motorcycle.

Looks just like yours from the riders seat . Mine gets 32 to 38 depends on throttle hand. Some of us couldn't even ride without 3. Some day you may not have a choice, will you give up your freedom to ride?:icon_really:

icebite1 03-15-2013 01:13 PM

I cant think of any drawbacks to a trike.
I also cant think of any drawbacks to any of my bikes and I have a variety of models. Each has its unique qualities not drawbacks. Its all in the mind and eye of the owner.
IMO HD is the only brand that you can truly modify from the ground up to suit your style.
The OP has the right idea to rent one .

icebite1 03-15-2013 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Glockmeister (Post 10282451)
Good thread, glad I found it, my wife has considered getting a trike and riding with me.

My wife certainly rides the crap outta hers, with me along or by herself (no we never ride 2 up).

BGodowski 03-20-2013 11:33 AM

I don't have a TG, my Dad n Law does, he loves it. I ride a custom chop trike, that I built with my son. After raking 5 degrees, and fitting 3 corners with fat n flat rubber...twisties are not an issue...it's technique, as stated earlier. I live near a VERY windy mountain pass road, and I get comments from folks much, as to their disbelief how fast and stable I was through the pass. And I'm NOT a wild rider either

pcombe 05-02-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1Vikingbike (Post 9011559)
I have just ordered a new 2012 Tri Glide to be delivered in March. I have never driven one before and I know that will be a new experience. The question I have is that the dealer tells me I need and should upgrade the cams. Most of my driving is on the highway and through the Rocky Mountains. I like to cruise around 65-70 mph, not a speed demon by any means. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks

Ain't to hard to drop agear for a hill!
The 103" is fine, The ride is great.

ChickinOnaChain 05-02-2013 04:19 PM

To the question...

I wouldn't like one because of the turning part. I'd have to learn to do that. The cost is too high. And I'd need more space to park it at home.

pcombe 05-03-2013 01:30 PM

my regrets about the trike?

My regret with a trike is that i'm not rich enough to be able to build one to travel long distance and be able to build a custom job just to run around on.

Some one, call me a WHAAAAA-MBULANCE!

46u 05-25-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by acunn1 (Post 11034170)
By your definition...having three wheels isn't a motorcycle, then your bike with its sidecar isn't a motorcycle either...lol

:icon_crackup:

But you can take the hack off and it is only two wheels which you cannot do with a trike! All so with a rig (motorcycle with a sidecar) you can miss most holes in the middle of the road which you CANNOT do with a trike. Yes a rig is still a motorcycle and a trike is just a trike. GET REAL! :icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh:

sidecar 05-31-2013 06:06 PM

I have both a sidecar rig and a trike, and I enjoy each one. they each have good and bad points it all comes down to personal likes and dislikes.