Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

American trike warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:01 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Yep, you do not want to be attacked by the Grammar ***** again!

It's amazing that with all the bullshit you've just gone thru, that all he can come up with is punctuation? Why bother reading at all if that is all YOU have to say.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Nikaem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
ah, I got crap eyes...spacing and capitalization help to read through...I'm old. Not so much a grammar issue- but readability

OP, Sorry to hear of this and thanks for sharing.

One of the Premier trike conversions in in Alberta- wondering why you didn't go there 1st.

I hope you end up with the result you want.

Mike
well if you see the trike we have built the diff is out where it is seen not covered by a huge pile of fiberglass. so can a leeman or champion kit stand naked in the wind and still look good. sorry if my spelling is in correct I spent 2 yrs. researching every available kit. most require a trunk to hide the diff. not the look we wanted. Also in all the phone calls to the manufacturer it sounded like a good product and the price was doable

Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 PM
emory70
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have my late father's American Trike converted 09 Heritage Softail.

I just got it from my step mom last weekend. It was done in a rush, and she said the guy that did the work swore to her that all the removed parts could be reinstalled.

I really like the trike, but I have some bad slop in the drive train. Also, it's very difficult to get it into reverse without a lot of crashing of gears.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:49 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by emory70
I have my late father's American Trike converted 09 Heritage Softail.
I just got it from my step mom last weekend. It was done in a rush, and she said the guy that did the work swore to her that all the removed parts could be reinstalled.

I really like the trike, but I have some bad slop in the drive train. Also, it's very difficult to get it into reverse without a lot of crashing of gears.
Try putting it in first gear before you go to reverse to stop all the gear crunching.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Nikaem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that you can tighten up the kit by adjusting the bolts and pulling back on the diff but ours is the other way very tight also the way the kit was done there is no way to put it back to a bike without buying a swing arm. the Reverse issue we have no problem with our reverse kit as it has to be in neutral too work. But there is the whole thing with finding neutral on a Harley but she is getting pretty good at it. Nice looking trike

Old 06-23-2015, 06:16 PM
jcsshane
Tourer

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Try putting it in first gear before you go to reverse to stop all the gear crunching.

Regardless of it's issues - Your Dad built a very cool Trike!

jc

Old 06-24-2015, 11:45 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,247 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Yep, you do not want to be attacked by the Grammar ***** again!
Y`know, I`m pretty good at grammar and punctuation, but I find it annoying that some people find it necessary to criticize those who don`t have or use good skills. This is a forum for the purpose of exchanging ideas and input from ALL people on it, whether they have those grammar skills or not. I fail to see the importance of making issue of it. Screw all of you grammar *****.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 PM
emory70
Advanced

Thanks jcsshane. It was built specifically to attract pretty girls at Fantasy Fest in Key West. It performed flawlessly in that regard. Going from Heritage to trike has not diminished its capabilities.

I found the go to first first trick the other day.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:55 PM
jcsshane
Tourer

Originally Posted by emory70
Thanks jcsshane. It was built specifically to attract pretty girls at Fantasy Fest in Key West. It performed flawlessly in that regard. Going from Heritage to trike has not diminished its capabilities.

I found the go to first first trick the other day.

LOL - Ya mean like this?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:56 PM
emory70
Advanced

I mean like this:

Smokin hottie: "I really like your bike."
Dad: "thanks."
Smokin hottie: "I like the colors. If I get my body paint in those colors, can I get a picture on your bike?"
Dad: "yup."

(Pictures obviously NSFW)

Quick Reply: American trike warning