Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

New Street Rod 750- some thoughts/questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:34 AM
splashback
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Street Rod 750- some thoughts/questions

I just purchased a new Street Rod-my first bike sine I had a Katana in the 90's.
Has anybody had success moving the foot controls forward a few inches?
Secondly, I commute and ride alone, so honestly don't care what other thinks, but I am curious how the Street 750/Street Rod is viewed by other Harley riders.
Thanks

The following users liked this post:
Ramas (09-18-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 09:43 AM
daisy cutter
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I get more waves from metric riders than I do from other Harley riders on the road. I also ride a Road King, so I guess I could be considered an "Other Harley Rider" but I wave at all riders and talk to other riders too. I guess it comes down to the other guys attitude... Are they motorcycle guys or are they Harley only guys... I'm sure you know the type. I'm a motorcycle guy so as long as its got 2 wheels I dig it. Kinda like dogs, most of the time I like the dog better than the owner.

lh4x4 (10-04-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Jedz123
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

I have about 12K miles on my Street-Rod and do note most Harley guys don't dig the XG line. You wont fit into the Harley crowd... Which is fine they won't be able to keep up anyway. I'm a lone rider most of the time but I do ride with with my buddies and they all ride Japanese standard bikes.

I raised my seat up to eliminate the locked hip. I have drilled oval mounts so I can slide the peg about a 1/2 in front or back. Biggest day I've done with it is a touch over 600 miles. Makes a great sport tourer... I will be spending money on a day long seat for next season.

I have been running my 250 for commuting but have a rally planned for the weekend and will be running a good chunk of miles this long weekend.

​​​​​​

Last edited by Jedz123; 09-07-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:54 AM
fatty11
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ridden Harley for over 10 years now and have noticed that the harley riders are snobs just like their Honda Gold wing brothers. If you don't fit into their "normal" you are a outcast. I ride a XGA AND a 2014 street glide special. Every time i ride my street glide I get constant waves of the "brotherhood" but on the contrary when I'm on the SR I get very little waves from the elite harley society. I even have had several bikers ride up next to me to prove that my bike was inferior to theirs only to embarrass them by rolling on the never ending throttle of my beginner bike and leaving the overweight leather clad pirates in the dust, But i always slow down so they can catch up and point to the engine and say its a 750. Just ride your bike and enjoy the world and forget what the rest of the biker world has to say about your new bike. It's a great bike and has lots of potential in that engine after all Harley based the new flat track bike off of this model. It wont be long until the "bikers" realize it doesn't matter where the bike was assembled and understand its a "real Harley".
So far as the foot pegs go if you are not as big as Jedz I think you will get used to them, I have I'm 5'11'' and 230lbs and 55 years old I clocked 300 miles with only stops were for gas and a 30 minute lunch. My last 5 miles were the funnest. I had a 300+lbs leather clad biker come up on me fast only to take the lead and slow in front of me. We came to a stop light and he wanted to drag race(big mistake with the SR) I smoked him so bad that at the next stop light he backed off and didn't want anymore. At $8699 ride it like you stole it!

The following 2 users liked this post by fatty11:
Dheez (12-07-2017), H1S1 (11-21-2020)
Old 09-08-2017, 09:21 AM
rhino1250
Road Warrior
Received 1,344 Likes on 615 Posts

I like them. I would change the exhaust

Old 09-12-2017, 02:16 AM
AKC
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't noticed much snobbery/exclusion. I wave any rider (YES, even a Vespa) and usually am responded to in kind. Most non-responses are because we're both busy, in the middle of a curve, or on a divided roadway with traffic and don't see each other until too late and, frankly, some folks just aren't comfortable taking a hand off the bar in the middle of a 65mph curve.

Alanui gets looks, but it's not a throng packer. It's a different kind of HD, and some folks just aren't going to be into it. I still think they have a winner in it, and I try to give it all the exposure I can.

My little trip to Boccali's had me as the ONLY rider parked there. A few folk stopped to check it out as they passed by, and I have noticed a few double-takes followed by longer looks by folk when the "Harley Davidson" is noticed.

Sometimes it ain't easy being on the vanguard...

Last edited by AKC; 09-12-2017 at 02:18 AM.
Ycbrewster (10-14-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Ramas
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my bike and have tried a few things
1. Tried the foot pegs from the street 750, they are better but not perfect.
2.Reversed the left to right peg of the street 750 1 inch in front but 1 inch higher
3. Have ordered a set of offsets from Kurayakan for 2 inch will update when I get them.
There is no help in India so I am going to do it myself, being a sea going engineer for 37 years will have no issues with wanting approvals and advise from harley owners about what to do to my bike. I cant change my hips so gonna change the peg position ASAP

fatty11 (09-20-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Ramas
Intermediate
Default update

Originally Posted by Ramas
I just got my bike and have tried a few things
1. Tried the foot pegs from the street 750, they are better but not perfect.
2.Reversed the left to right peg of the street 750 1 inch in front but 1 inch higher
3. Have ordered a set of offsets from Kurayakan for 2 inch will update when I get them.
There is no help in India so I am going to do it myself, being a sea going engineer for 37 years will have no issues with wanting approvals and advise from harley owners about what to do to my bike. I cant change my hips so gonna change the peg position ASAP
Update:
1. Got the Kuryakans and fitted them but feet have gone wider out more discomfort.
2.Decided to mod the seat to lower meself by 2 inches, reach to ground has improved but knees and hips dont allow me to ride!!!.
3. Now will muck around with the foot pegs brake lever and gear shift lever, think I need them about 4 inch in front and 2 inch down. Will not give up but will not ride untill I get things spot on.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Ramas
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ramas
Update:
1. Got the Kuryakans and fitted them but feet have gone wider out more discomfort.
2.Decided to mod the seat to lower meself by 2 inches, reach to ground has improved but knees and hips dont allow me to ride!!!.
3. Now will muck around with the foot pegs brake lever and gear shift lever, think I need them about 4 inch in front and 2 inch down. Will not give up but will not ride untill I get things spot on.
update

got a street forward control set fitted and now Its so much better than before. I ride again. will try and put some pics

Old 10-23-2017, 01:53 AM
Ramas
Intermediate

Forward Controls feet are now 9 inches in front and seat is 2 inch lower huge difference in ride through India s slow traffic

Attached Thumbnails New Street Rod 750- some thoughts/questions-20171022_172825.jpg   New Street Rod 750- some thoughts/questions-20171022_172818.jpg  
Dheez (12-07-2017)

Quick Reply: New Street Rod 750- some thoughts/questions