Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

2008 Copy Cat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2008 Copy Cat

After catching this vid on Youtube I thought to myself, self, no wonder Harley catches it so much. Everyone COPIES HD motorcycles.

The 2008 Yamahahaha is a "COPY" of Harley from the get go.

I guess it's for those that either can't afford a Harley or "think" they are getting something better. Facts is, they are cheating themselves because they could own a REAL motorcycle, a Harley Davidson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplj4PUV3-4

You look and tell me, is it a COPY or what? Sure looks like it to me.
[/align]

Old 12-14-2007, 04:08 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Copy Cat

Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty nice looking copy. Not for me though.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone esle catch the irony that the reviewer's name in the video is Harley?

Coincidence?

Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I notice a lot of copying with cars lately. Everytime I see the tailights and rear quarter of the new big Buick, I think, are there that many VW Phaetons around here lately?

Old 12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Amodump001
Road Warrior

Good looking bike but no thanks. I tell people that talk up the Dodge diesel trucks that if I couldn’t afford a Ford stroker I would buy a Dodge, it’s a good looking truck.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a pretty nice scoot. Maybe they beat Harley to the Rocker, lmao?

FWIW, that's filmed in Medford Oregon. The downtown shot (first) is the P.O. on his left as he turns right.

The freeway shots are I-5 here in the Rogue Valley.

The mountain twisties were filmed on the Dead Indian Memorial Road between Ashland and Klamath Falls, crossing a pass in the Cascades.

The snow-capped mountain is Mt. McLoughlin W. of Medford/Ashland in the Cascades. (Elev. of the mountain about 9,000 ft. Elev. Hwy where filmed is about 4,000.)

I can see that mountain from the windows of my house. I'm up in the hills along the W. edge of the Rogue Valley, W. of Medford looking across Medford toward the Cascades and that mountain.

PS The very red rock used to sand the road (on the shoulders) is lava blown out of nearby Crater Lake when it erupted.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Gasket
Cruiser

Ok, i'm sure alot of you are going to throw me a bunch of crap, but here it goes. what harley is that bike a copy of ? It has a motor that is 113 cc's, screaming eagle is 110.It comes with 21 inch front tire,slash pipes,"throttle positioning throttle controll",(not offered on any harley),and it cost $13,500. I don't think you can touch anything that says Screaming Eagle on it for that. Before you start bitchin,I own 2 Harleys, and I'm not saying I like yamaha better. It just seams that alot of guys I ride with , and alot of guys on here bash any bike with a twin that is not a harley. It makes me wonder if some of you guys buy bikes cuz of what's written on the side of the tank. Almost like you are wanting to bash jap bikes so you'll fit in,so you can call yourself a "biker". I see so many threads that say people judge me cuz I ride,but so many of you judge cuz it's a ricer.I know I will prolly not be liked after this but I dont really give a crap. I'm so tired of hearing jap bikes are a copy, jap bike are junk. I never hear any ford guy's say chevy is a copy cuz their trucks have a v-8 also. I like alot of different bikes ,and I also hate the looks of alot of bikes too.I can't say I like all the harley's offered today,but I wouldn't bash them.I just wouldn't buy them.While im on the horn,alot of threads ask about the "BIKER" thing.If you have to ask, then NO you are not a biker.If you want a label ,then YES you are a biker. If you are like me ,and you don't care what people say,then quit asking.Before you reply, no that is not a copy of the rocker, not even close..........Your's truley.......the bike riding....non-biker.....biker......A-hole. Craig

Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gasket

Ok, i'm sure alot of you are going to throw me a bunch of crap, but here it goes. what harley is that bike a copy of ? It has a motor that is 113 cc's, screaming eagle is 110.It comes with 21 inch front tire,slash pipes,"throttle positioning throttle controll",(not offered on any harley),and it cost $13,500. I don't think you can touch anything that says Screaming Eagle on it for that. Before you start bitchin,I own 2 Harleys, and I'm not saying I like yamaha better. It just seams that alot of guys I ride with , and alot of guys on here bash any bike with a twin that is not a harley. It makes me wonder if some of you guys buy bikes cuz of what's written on the side of the tank. Almost like you are wanting to bash jap bikes so you'll fit in,so you can call yourself a "biker". I see so many threads that say people judge me cuz I ride,but so many of you judge cuz it's a ricer.I know I will prolly not be liked after this but I dont really give a crap. I'm so tired of hearing jap bikes are a copy, jap bike are junk. I never hear any ford guy's say chevy is a copy cuz their trucks have a v-8 also. I like alot of different bikes ,and I also hate the looks of alot of bikes too.I can't say I like all the harley's offered today,but I wouldn't bash them.I just wouldn't buy them.While im on the horn,alot of threads ask about the "BIKER" thing.If you have to ask, then NO you are not a biker.If you want a label ,then YES you are a biker. If you are like me ,and you don't care what people say,then quit asking.Before you reply, no that is not a copy of the rocker, not even close..........Your's truley.......the bike riding....non-biker.....biker......A-hole. Craig
Hey Craig, I don't think you're an A-hole and I've posted on here a couple of times that I wish Harley would do a little more. I posted that after I rode my son's Kawasaki 2000 and a friend's Honda 1800.

I have 3 Harleys and I love them. They have a nostalgia to them and a sound to them (yes the sound is copyrighted) that I prefer above all else.

But I have to admit, while Harley struggles to release the Rocker, here comes this Yamaha that makesme wonder what's going on with moco.

Just my $.02

PS Without going out to the garage and undoing some covers, I "think" my WG and Deuce have 21" front tires? I "think" my WG has as much rake as that Yamaha? But that Yamaha does have a lot of things I wish I had like that back tire, that strung out look, those cubes, etc.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

The youngest generation of "kids" now doesn't seem to me to have the loyalty to Harley that some of us Boomers do. I worry about moco, long term. This Yamaha has a lot of the things that guys are putting on Harleys including what I might call a tank lift, a wide tire kit, pipes...

Makes me wonder what 20 years from now will do. I remember when the first Honda and Toyota cars hit the shores in mass in the 60's and I never thought that people would give up their Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing. Now Toyota has a full sized pickup that seems to be selling. I never would have thunk it...

Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
rdufokker
2nd Gear

One thing Harley has that the Suzuki/Kow/Yam don't have is an incredible atmosphere that surrounds the bike and accessories. For instance, the Harley stores. They have some of the friendliest no-pressure sales staff. Things for kids in the store. Some have small sandwich shops in them or an Iron Horse Cafe next door. It's things that bring people together. People meet up at a Harley dealership just to hang out and shoot the poop. You won't find much of that at a Yamaha Dealership.

Bruno

Quick Reply: 2008 Copy Cat