Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Stock mufflers vs moded stock mufflers sound comparison!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:26 AM
red33m
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stock mufflers vs moded stock mufflers sound comparison!

Hello Forum,

I went the other day on the weekly meeting we have with some of my friends that are Harley owners..I was riding my Road King Classic with stock exhausts installed. By the time I got there they were like: What kind of sound is that? Are you riding a Harley or not? Sounds like a moped! Of course they didn't say it in an offensive way,they were kidding....Although it was true...my bike sounded awful.. And that is why Panos(a friend of mine and partner for many years,also Harley owner) gave me his older Screamin Eagle slip on mufflers as a gift!

I went the other day to pick it up..I didn't install it on the bike though because by the time I got home my son showed me on Youtube some clips of how it would sound and I didn't like the sound..I was a bit disappointed. So I started looking for some used after market slip ons on eBay...but no luck either. All of them were way out of my budget because I had already spent loads of money on my bike!

So what I though is to mod my stock mufflers! It is an exhaust after all..just silenced! And so I did!! The sound it produces now is a very very deep tone(the deepest i have ever heard - not as loud as the Screamin Eagle but it has a better tone)... The performance is still the same, sounds a bit louder than before..but way much better sound! Because though I am in my garage the echo spoils the revving sound a bit...But I assure you that it really sounds like nothing else while riding!

It really is an after market killer now!

Check it out for your self and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2Rmz8upRY

Old 05-29-2010, 02:07 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

can hear the difference...but what was the "mod"?

Old 05-29-2010, 06:13 PM
red33m
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flibuoy
can hear the difference...but what was the "mod"?
terribly sorry mate I can't tell you because I bought the idea from eBay and if I tell you then I am actually stealling money from him..

I can tell you though that the baffles are not drilled..

Old 05-29-2010, 10:27 PM
QuickDrawAZ
Advanced

Sound 2 is better, there is not a picture of what your doing so I don't know whats up. You bought a new road king and you don't know about slip ons? Your post is kinda strange, tons of info on this site.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red33m
terribly sorry mate I can't tell you because I bought the idea from eBay and if I tell you then I am actually stealling money from him..

I can tell you though that the baffles are not drilled..
OK, can you provide a link to the source?

If you had to rate the difficulty of doing the mod "1" being a blind monkey could do it and "10" it takes a team of NASA certified monkeys to do it.....where would you rate it?

How does it sound on the road? Cruising town and open road?

TIA

Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
jayride
Advanced

Not a so different from what I can tell. After market pipes offer more then sound, some of them look far superior to stock pipes. If you ever get tired of your baffled after markets, just pull the baffle out and it is a whole new sound!

Old 05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

Originally Posted by jayride
Not a so different from what I can tell. After market pipes offer more then sound, some of them look far superior to stock pipes. If you ever get tired of your baffled after markets, just pull the baffle out and it is a whole new sound!
+1 I love my V mods that i did

Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 AM
red33m
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AzDesertTroll

If you had to rate the difficulty of doing the mod "1" being a blind monkey could do it and "10" it takes a team of NASA certified monkeys to do it.....where would you rate it?

TIA
Yeah when I bought it the seller provided me with a link with all the instructions..it's not that I don't want to share this trick..it's just that I don't have the right to. If you want to do it go on eBay and search for Harley davidson stock road king mufflers modification. Right now the auction ended but I am pretty sure it will be relisted soon!

On the open road they sound the best.! It seriously is a great sound for just 7$ really!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 AM
red33m
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AzDesertTroll

TIA
If I was to rate the difficulty it has to be a 3.

About the sound. It is not as loud as the slip ons but judging with my opinion. They sound better than some aftermarket exhaust I heard!!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:21 AM
red33m
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayride
Yeah I was about to install sone slip ons but I had already spent enough money for the aftermarket stuff I needed so...I was trying to find something cheaper that makes great sound and has quality. I know I ask for too much! But then I came upon this on eBay and I just had to take the shot. I think it came up to be a very nice sound!

Quick Reply: Stock mufflers vs moded stock mufflers sound comparison!