Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Amazing Harley burnout video in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
ericseals
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing Harley burnout video in Detroit

A video I shot with and edited of an amazing burnout done on a Harley in a parking lot with over 600 other bikers watching and cheering at a bar in Metro Detroit near an ABC Harley Davidson dealership.

Nick Lee of Wisconsin made his 1st visit to Metro Detroit last Thursday to show how burnouts are really done.
Lee started the World Burnout Tour to travel the USA doing "old school style" burnouts on his Harley. He wants to keep alive a tradition he sees is dying. With intense heat from the burnout, he can take a new tire burn it straight for 7 minutes in front of large crowds creating lots of smoke and smiles.

Eric Seals

Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

B.f.d.!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM
ericseals
Banned

Originally Posted by cstolp
B.f.d.!

So let me try and understand you, if it's not a B.f.d. cstolp, then why bother replying??? Seems like you could spent your time more wisely than wasting time talking to me about something that is not a B.f.d. ;-)

Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the email invite for this from ABC. I passed on Boomers for this and am now glad I did. I thought it was supposed to be a lot more than that.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
ericseals
Banned

I had no idea what it was suppose to be but at Boomers but ended up meeting lots of great bikers for future story ideas including bike builder Ron Finch from Pontiac, so it ended up being a win for me

Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM
bparsel
Tourer

Boomers get's some great guys at it, Ron Finch and Fab Kevin have both judged nights there. I'm sure Eric Gorges from VooDoo choppers has made some appearances as well. I just dont get what this guys deal is. I mean you can hit the Iron Horse in Daytona and see this type of thing every night.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
ericseals
Banned

I understand you bparsel.

I'm such a novice when it comes to motorcycles so it was all exciting for me even if it didn't live up to expectations of others (and I heard others afterward say..."that's it???") LOL!!

I'm sure it was a yawner for most of you. At the same time being a journalist for the Freep I want to show others things many people never get to see and a burnout (weak or not) is one thing folks don't see much off unless you're part of that crowd.

Didn't meet Fab Kevin or Eric Gorges, perhaps next time. Lots of great stories about some great folks and bikes.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
bparsel
Tourer

[quote=ericseals;6926469] At the same time being a journalist for the Freep I want to show others things many people never get to see and a burnout (weak or not)

quote]

Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a bad burnout. Just if youre going to do a whole "Burnout Tour" it should be pretty damn impressive and more than one.

I'll watch a burnout vid anytime.....as long as it isnt my bike in it!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
ericseals
Banned

Good point!

He should have done much more than a smile face and a 7 minute burnout. I would loved to have seen more myself.

Supposedly he is coming back to Boomers at the end of July and then some big motorcycle show at the Silverdome, hopefully he'll do much more.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ericseals
So let me try and understand you, if it's not a B.f.d. cstolp, then why bother replying??? Seems like you could spent your time more wisely than wasting time talking to me about something that is not a B.f.d. ;-)
Non biker first time poster........ usually some shameless plug or another. Not to mention the mindless dialogue. Where do I get my "help save the burnouts" bumper sticker!

At least the guy didn't have his front tire locked down in a burn out pit, I'll give him that.

Quick Reply: Amazing Harley burnout video in Detroit