Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   HDForums Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot-53/)
-   -   <2014 Travels of HDForums.com Mascot (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hdforums-mascot/3080-2014-travels-of-hdforums-com-mascot.html)

pilot1996 04-04-2005 01:55 PM

<2014 Travels of HDForums.com Mascot

1 Attachment(s)
This thread is the documentary of the travels of our mascot. Each post is a leg of the trip, with a map showing that portion of the leg. Special thanks to Tripper who is making the maps, Ironhead for helping out with the Pens, and the Flag idea.

To post to this thread, email me the pics, the EXACT route you took to Tripper, and I'll add it to the thread.

Members who have helped so far...

Pilot1996, Tripper, rgerber, billnourse, albqjim, Oldgeezer, harley rulz, 12Stones, Bastardmaker, Pococj, Big Ted, n2spd, Steveokla, Mikester48, and Skos.

Here is the entire trip of the flag so far...

Updated 7 June 2006 Mascot has traveled 6361 miles.

Attachment 555499

pilot1996 04-04-2005 02:08 PM

RE: Travels of the VTwinTalk.com Mascot

Flag left Yuma at 9:20 on 3 April 2005.

Kelly and I were running late due to a variety of reasons, so we had to hustle. It's about 125 miles from Yuma to Salome, and we were supposed to be there in 40 minutes. Beautiful day, about 70 degrees when we left. We headed North on US 95 to Quartzite, jumped on I-10 for about 12 miles to exit 31 and got off on US 60. Beautiful road on US 60, two lanes, beautiful mountains, cactus, and little traffic. We were pushing 80 MPH the whole way to meet with Tripper (I should have gotten his phone number, but as it turns out the cell phones don't work there anyway).

Just prior to Salome, we flew threw a swarm of bees, peppered the bike, freaked us both out, but no damage done, I have to clean the bike, that's about all. Must have been a 1000 of those suckers, and it felt like we went through a hail storm of blueberrys!

Met with Tripper in Salome and sent the flag on it's way.

Here's the map of our route:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...uma_salome.gif

Here is a pic of the hand off:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...andtripper.jpg

pilot1996 04-04-2005 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Flag left Salome at 1130 on 3 April 2005.

The following is Tripper's account of his ride:

Starting out at about 7:15 or so the weather was about 45 degrees. I bundled up pretty good with chaps, woolen scarf, and leather jacket. I wanted to take my ¾ helmet but I noticed a crack in the fiberglass shell and ended up wearing my ½ helmet. The panorama dropping down into the low desert from Yarnell to Congress was breath taking. The drop is about 2000 feet in 8 miles and is a series of s turns and switchbacks. After Congress, I hit the wildflowers. Purple, yellow, red, orange, and several shades of green whizzed by at 75 mph so I slowed down to a more sedate 60 and just enjoyed the view. The wildflowers, of course, had side effects: Bugs. Sure was glad for my face shield. I turned on to 60 and started into the Great Arizona Outback. To an old desert rat like me, I worked in Area 51 for some number of years and raced desert in the 60s and 70s, such a place has a beauty all its own. To most folks, the desert appears dead and desolate, but what do they know anyway. I arrived at Salome at 9:50 and took off all my cold weather gear. By 10:30 no sign of Mac and I decided to have breakfast before heading back. I had just paid the bill when a motorcycle pulled up out front. As I was opening the door, there stood Mac and Kelly. We had quick cuppa Joe, took some pics, and then it became time to leave as the winds in my home area were to pick up to 20-30 mph in the afternoon. The trip back proved to be a bit more hurried than the journey out. Back through the wildflowers, my face shield picked up a sufficient number of bugs so that the view was limited to 3 or 4 clear spots. This time I attacked the climb out of the valley with vigor. Not very many panoramic vistas are in evidence climbing. The road winds down into Peebles Valley with some fine horse ranches lining the road. I turned off 89 at Kirkland Junction for the climb into Prescott. The wind picked up about now and I slowed down to 60 mph but heck the speed limit is 50 mph. By the time I reached the home stretch, the wind was gusting up to 25 mph. I made it home just in time. All in all a most excellent ride.

Here is a map of the route:

Attachment 555498

pilot1996 04-09-2005 11:20 PM

The following is an account of Trippers ride.

I had an uneventful trip across town. I live on the Northwest edge of town and Dick’s office is on the East edge of town. We passed the flag with pictures (Dick should be sending these) and sat down over a cuppa Joe and swapped war stories with Dick and his lovely Wife, Nancy. The flag has completed the second hand off and is in Dick’s capable hands for the next leg to Laughlin.

Here is a map of the route.

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...toprescott.gif

Picture of the passing of the flag from Tripper to RGerber.

http://www.vtwintalk.com/upfiles/718...9BEDBF138A.jpg

pilot1996 04-26-2005 12:04 AM

The following is the account of RGERBER's ride:

We left April 20th, 2005 from "Preskitt", AZ. about 0915 on a sunny 44 degree morning and headed North on Arizona 89 into Ashfork. After picking up Historic Route 66 West, we pulled into Seligman at 1045 for a bite to eat and snapshot, and then continued West on Old 66 arriving in Hackberry at 1300 for another snap shot. Then on into Kingman with a stop at Mother Road Harley Davidson for a picture of the flag. We pulled into Laughlin at 1415, and hooked up with Bill about an hour later for the handoff.

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...o laughlin.jpg

Picture of the passing of the flag from RGerber to BillNourse.

http://www.vtwintalk.com/upfiles/718...92A9079095.jpg

pilot1996 04-26-2005 12:10 AM

The following is the account of BillNourse's ride:

Left Bloomfield about 7:00AM on the 18th and traveled to Mesquite,Nv the first day. Left Mesquite on the second day and went to Las Vegas, then Primm,Nv and stayed the night. Went to Primm to ride the rollercoaster, but it was closed.

Went from Primm to Barstow, Ca. to see the Rt 66 Museum. It was closed. From Barstow, we went to Needles via Ludlow, Amboy, and Essex on old Rt.66. Part of that road is really rough. Had planned on lunch at Roy's Cafe in Amboy, but it was closed. I was beginning to think we would get to Laughlin, and it would be closed.

In Laughlin we met up with Rgerber and got the Mascot, and then spent the week with vendor shopping, poker runs, and a trip to Oatman,AZ.

Woke up Sunday morning to a cloudy sky, and evidence of recent rain. We started home through Kingman, and then on old Rt. 66 to Seligman. At Seligman it started to rain and things only got worse. By Williams, it was snowing hard, and visibility was nothing. We had decided to get a room in Flagstaff, and wait it out, when the sun showed it's face for just a minute.

We left Flagstaff, and in 30 miles the snow had turned to intermittent rain and wind.(25 to 35mph). We had that for the rest of the way home, and it was pouring when we pulled into the garage 12 hours and 500 miles later.

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...bloomfield.jpg

Here is a pic of Bill getting ready to head to Laughlin meet rgerber.

http://img177.echo.cx/img177/8328/0000130640x4791qe.jpg

pilot1996 05-16-2005 02:01 PM

The following is an account of billnourse's ride to Midland, TX.

Left home about 10:00 on Friday 13, to go to Albuquerque, and then on to San Antonio,NM to take the Mascot to Oldgeezer, who by the way, turned out not to be as old as he thought he was.

We went a scenic route which took us on mostly 2 lane highways through Abiqui, NM, Espanola, NM, Sante Fe, Cerrillos, and Midrid, then to Albuquerque.

We spent Friday night in Albuquerque, and on Saturday met Jim(abqjim) and his wife Winny.
Jim suggested that we should take a scenic route to San Antonio instead of going down the Interstate. Thanks for that Jim. What a nice ride. We went on Hwy 337 down the Eastern side of the Manzano Mountains. Beautiful scenery, and several quaint old Spanish settlements with the typical old Catholic church. This took a little longer, but was well worth it.

In San Antonio, we met Pat(Oldgeezer) and his wife Lynne (another great couple), and had green chili cheese burgers at the Owl Bar and Grill. This place is a little hole in the wall that is world famous for green chili cheese burgers.

After signing the Mascot, taking pictures, swapping stories, and planning for other meetings in the future, we all went our seperate directions home.

All in all, a very good experience. I hope others that are involved in the travels of the Mascot find it as rewarding as I have. Jim, Winny, Pat and Lynne, thank you.

Here is a map of the route:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...an antonio.jpg

Here is a pic of Bill (billnourse) and Jim (albqjim)

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/Ha...andalbqjim.jpg

From left to right Bill (billnourse), Arleen, Jim (albqjim), Winny, Pat (Oldgeezer), and Lynne

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...ooldgeezer.jpg

pilot1996 05-17-2005 01:18 PM

Here is an account of Oldgeezer's ride:

Lynne and I left Midland after work Friday afternoon and rode a couple of hundred miles to Roswell, New Mexico where we spent the night. Of course, Roswell is famous or infamous for the UFO crash that occurred in 1947 and the theme of the town is extraterresterals. Darn it, we didn't see any little green men wandering around on this trip though.

Saturday morning, we headed west from Roswell on highway 70 to Hondo. At Hondo, we took 380 which runs through Lincoln, NM home of Billy the Kid's last escape, then Capitan, home of the original Smokey the Bear to Carrizozo. The ride through Capitan winds through the foothills of the Lincoln National Forrest.

After gassing up in Carrizozo, we continued on 380 to San Antonio, a ride of 65 miles. We were first met with rolling hills which opened up into huge basins. In the middle of the first basin is the Valley of Fires which is a two mile wide stretch of lava beds. The terrain then goes from lava to sand then finally into good old New Mexico dirt. The Rio Grande River runs just east of San Antonio and was running at its banks due to the Rocky Mountain runoff. This 65 mile ride is one of the most breathtaking in New Mexico.

We had a great time with Bill, Jim and their wifes and enjoyed the best green chili cheeseburgers ever. By the way, Bill foot the bill for the burgers, so I reckon the young guy rule no longer applies. After a bit of visiting and a photo session, we headed back toward Roswell.

We rode back on 380 to Carrizozo but took highway 37 then 48 to Ruidoso. The road from Carrizozo to Ruidoso took us through the mountains with a tremendous view of Sierra Blanca peak to the west. After stopping for gas in Ruidoso, we headed out through the Hondo Valley back to Roswell.

Our plan was to head back to Midland on Sunday, but we were hammered with severe thunderstorms and wind so we stayed Sunday night in Roswell.

Monday morning, we headed out under totally overcast skies. The temperature was in the high 40's so we were thankful we'd brought all our gear. Roswell sits in the bottom of the Pecos Valley where the Pecos River flows. The Pecos' head waters originate in the mountains just outside Santa Fe, New Mexico and eventually dumps into the Rio Grande in west Texas.

Once the climb out of the valley is complete, the terrain is high desert but sandy due to being below the caprock. Fourty miles from Roswell, the road takes climbs up the caprock. The caprock is an interesting phenomonon which occurs in Texas and New Mexico and was created when underground pressures pushed the earth upward. Some portions of the caprock are more cliff like while others have created deep canyons.

The sun finally came out in Seminole, Texas and we enjoyed the wonderful west Texas scenery of sand, sage brush and mesquite the rest of the way home. Our journey covered 760 miles round trip.

pilot1996 05-25-2005 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an account of Oldgeezers ride to meet harley rulz:

I left the Vietnam Memorial at the Midland Airport at 9:00 this morning after the Run For The Wall wreath laying ceremony. Took highway 158 to Sterling City then hit 87 which runs through San Angelo, Eden and into Brady. I met Craig and his wife and their friend Turner at the courthouse square in Brady. After some Texas hill country barbeque, we rode down to Mason on highway 87. At Mason, Craig and crew headed on for Boerne. Not wanting to miss an opportunity to ride the Texas hill country, I took highway 377 through Junction down to Rock Springs, then took 41 highway to highway 83 back through Junction to Ballinger. At Ballinger, I hit highway 158 which runs through Robert Lee and Sterling City back into Midland. Got back to the house at 9:00 pm. Round trip miles 620.

Pictured left to right are harley rulz, his wife- Kayla, and Oldgeezer.

Attachment 555400

pilot1996 05-25-2005 10:24 AM

Here is an account of Harley Rulz ride to meet Oldgeezer:

Well I have to say it was a great ride.Kyla, Turner and myself had a nice ride and it was great to meet and visit with Pat (thanks again for lunch Pat).We left Boerne around 9:30 and met up with Turner in Comfort Tx.We rode up Hwy 87 through Fredricksburg Tx(a very nice and busy German town)and then on to Mason and Brady.We only put on 240 miles due to the heat on the way home around 100 deg.We had a good day and I look forward to meeting someone else with Mascot.

Here a map of of his route:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha... to Boerne.jpg

pilot1996 06-06-2005 09:28 PM

Here is an account of harleyrulz ride to meet 12Stones:

Well here we go. I left Boerne Friday around 12:00 and headed for Austin. We road with a couple of my buddies and their wives. It was a nice ride due to the rain clouds (yes we got wet) but it was not to hot. It's only 90 miles to Austin but we managed to turn it into a 3 hour trip. It's a great ride to Austin from here because it's backroads all the way. I got to the ROT Rally on Friday and hung out a while till time to go to all the crazy parties on 6th St.,it's pretty much like Bourbon St. I got up Saturday morning and headed back to the Rally and hung around for a bit and met up with Ricky(12Stones) and passed the flag on to him. It was a great weekend and it was nice to meet Ricky. We didn't get to hang out much because I lost my wife which meens she was off spending money. All in all it was a good trip and a pleasure to carry the Mascot for a while.

Here is a map of the trip:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha... to austin.jpg

Me with the cap Ricky with the vest
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ascotatROT.jpg

pilot1996 06-10-2005 09:46 PM

Here is an account of 12Stones ride.

I took off Saturday morning headed west to Austin with some of my bros from the Leathernecks MC and kept straight on the 290 west. It's a pretty good ride with not too much traffic. It gets really good past Brenham when the fields open and the country sites come. The hills are gentle and green and the sun was bright but not too hot yet. We made the trip in about 3 hours with a stop for gas and a couple stops for my buddy, Mark, to burn one here and there. Once we got to the rally we walked around a little before I hooked up with Craig. We met at the Big Dog bike display and took some pics. Didn't get to spend too much time together unfortunately. His wife went missing and I had some commitments with the Leathernecks, but it was good to put a face with a name.

Sunday afternoon after grabbing some grub and doing a last minute shopping trip at the rally, Mark and I left the rest of the Leathernecks to head back east toward home. Once again we took the 290 but the sun was hotter and there were bikes for miles making the trip with us. The ride home seemed longer than the one to the rally; guess there was more anticipation to get to the rally than to get home. All in all the round trip was about 500 miles and I came back with some great times, good stories, a sunburn and the mascot.

Here is a map of 12Stone route:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...to houston.jpg

pilot1996 06-20-2005 01:44 PM

Here is an account of Bastardmaker's ride:

Well I made the trip to Houston this weekend. I initialy made the trip down there for my best friends graduation. He graduated culinary arts something or another, he is a chef now. I figured since I would be down there why not take part in this thing. I met Ricky(12stones) on Saturday the 18th at Mancuso HD at 290 and 1960 in Houston(awsome dealer) and we made the exchange. the next day I made my way back to Killeen. For the most part I had an enjoyable ride back home. I'm not a fan of big freeways and what not, so once I got off of 290 in Hempstead and started going north on hwy 6 I had a great ride. It's not a real busy road and a beautiful part of TX(Gods country). A little ways after I got through Bryan/College Station, I stopped and took a rest and refueled in Hearne. From there I pulled onto hwy 36 going north until I got to Temple. I then got onto hwy 190 all the way into Killeen. When I got to the house I took a cool shower and a nap. I'm not sure what the milage is but it took 3 and a half hours. I don't know how fast I was going cause I have no speedo. but it was a comfy cruise for me, probly 60-70mph. During this trip I found out my Bike is not for long hauls. So while I was at Mancuso HD I scouted out my nex bike. More than likely I'll get a road king of some sort, or maybe a softail delux. But in the mean time I need a new seat, because this Corbin solo, I think is the most uncomfortable seat in the planet. no padding at all. Well that is all. Who wants it next? I am willing to go as far as the OK, ARK, and LA borders.

Here is a map of Bastardmaker's trip:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...to Killeen.jpg

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/harleyflag.1.jpg

pilot1996 07-31-2005 01:22 PM

Here is an account of bastardmaker's ride to meet Pococj:

Well I got the mascot to Skip yesterday. I started out leaving the house by around 8am. I got on 190 headed west and then headed north on 116 through Ft Hoods range roads. These are some of my favorite roads to ride on, They are not very strait, flat or congested. The views on some of the riges here are pretty scenic. Once i get to Gatesville I headed east on 84. The route is pretty boring west of Mexia. When I got to Mexia I pulled off the road for some gas and to stretch my legs. It then occured to me that Anna Nichole Smith was originaly from here so I hauled ass out of there pronto(so as to not become any dumber than I already am).

A little ways after Mexia the hills and pines become more abundant. I really enjoyed this part of Texas. A part that I really never make it out to. Like I said the trees and other scenery was very nice. When I got to Palestine I stopped off for some good ol Texas BBQ. I dont recall the name of the place but Ill know it when I see it again. Excellent brisket, sausage and sweet tea. Before i left the place an older gentleman noticed my DOD sticker on the bike and chated for a few minutes about Iraq and what not. He was a retired first sargeant and he did a few tours in Nam. He excused himself and went on his way. When I decided to leave I asked the waitress for my check and she told me that the older man had taken care of it. Pretty cool of him.

In Palestine I headed north on 79. The area just kept getting nicer and nicer the more north and east I went. I went through a few old towns that were pretty cool, Jacksonville, Henderson and Tatum, were all pretty cool. In Henderson I took 43 north for a little while until I got to Marshal. In Marshal I got on 59 And headed on in to Jefferson to meet Skip and his wife.

Before actually meeting Skip, I was a little nervous. I didnt realy know what to expect. Upon meeting him I realized he was pretty damn cool. I wish he lived a little closer, cause I know he would be awsome to ride with. We chit chated for almost two hours before I had to take off back south to Killeen. In those couple of hours I felt that I met two of the coolest most ginuine people in all of Texas.

As you can tell I liked the area up there. When I get back from Iraq next year I plan on purchasing some acreage. So who knows maybe Skip and I will be neighbors in the next year or two. Skip if you and I could find the time Id love to hook up again for a longer stay and ride together. Also your wife mentioned that she wanted to come down and watch the 1st Cav horse team do their thing sometime. If ya'll should come down I have an additional room and bed you could use.

I took the route down but didnt make any stops other than for gas and water. I had a race with the sun to get home. My headlight is out and the dealership wont have one till this week. I won the race Barely. Also once I hit Waco I found some of that Sting-ing rain. I spent about 12 hrs on the bike over I dont know how many miles but I had a blast although my ass took a beating.

Skip has the pic, so Im sure he will post it soon. Also I just want to say that getting this mascot from here to there was pretty cool. It has giving me an oppertunity to meet some cool folks and put some miles on the bike I may not have otherwise. If anyone has an inkling to pick the mascot up I would recommend it.

Here is a map of his route:

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha... Jefferson.jpg

Here are the pics:

https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1856/mascot2b6sp.jpg
https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9678/ssporty11zx.jpg
https://img237.imageshack.us/img237/...eaving12vp.jpg

pilot1996 08-25-2005 11:20 AM

RE: Travels of HDForums.com Mascot

The following is an account of Pococj's ride to meet BigTed:

Big Ted & I made arrangements to hand off the mascot a couple weeks ago. I looked on a map and the only town of any reasonable size about half way between us was Poteau, OK. It's about 200 miles from me, and a bit less than that from Ted. I picked out a time & place to meet, and Ted was agreeable to both.

I left my place in Jefferson, TX about 0815 hours and headed north on US 59 to the next town, Linden (home of Don Henley of Eagles fame). In Linden I caught TX 8 and rode it north, crossing the Red River into Arkansas, where it becomes AR 41. At Foreman, AR (home of Traci Lawrence of country-western music fame) I hung a left and headed west on AR 32 towards Oklahoma. In Oklahoma the road becomes OK 3, and winds through the Ouachita National Forest. Just outside Idabel, OK I turned north on US 259/US 70, going through Broken Bow, OK where the road loses US 70, and continues on as US 259.

The road is climbing now, into the remains of an old mountain range. This area is s'posed to be the highest area between the Alleghenies and the Rockies. Not much if you live in "real" mountains, but it gets high enough that you can feel the temperature drop a bit. I always enjoy traveling through this area, especially in the fall when the leaves change colors.

Just north of Broken Bow I took a little side trip onto US 259A, a loop that runs through Beaver Bend State Park. The road is nice and twisty, and there isn't too much traffic in the middle of the morning as the campers, etc. are already wherever they were going to be for the day. The loop dumps back onto US 259, and I continued north. It is still climbing, and is a good 2 lane blacktop road with little traffic. Just about perfect for a nice morning bike ride, I thought to myself.

At an overlook where I stopped to admire the view, two bikes and a trike pulled in. We talked a bit, and I found out they were from Queen City, TX about 30 miles north of Jefferson. They were in a hurry to get back before the heat of the day. Personally, the ride was too nice to worry about having to go fast to get somewhere. I s'pose that's why I allowed myself nearly 6 hours to go the 200 miles. Who wants to blow by all the mountain scenery?

I crossed the Talimena Byway, a road that runs across the ridge tops from Talihina, OK to Mena, AR. US 259 stops at US 59/US 271, and I answered a couple of questions from a nice lady working a survey for the National Forest people. She wanted to know why I was traveling the road through the Ouachita National Forest, and I cracked a huge grin and said, "Because I want to!" She laughed and put me down as seeing the sights, or something like that.

I turned left onto US 59/271 and continued north through Heavener, OK. Always wondered why it was called Heavener. Guess you could choose to live in Heavener Hell? (Sorry 'bout that - mind tends to wander and get whack riding by myself!)

After Heavener comes Poteau. (And it's pronounced, "Poe-toe", with the accent on the "Poe". Nothing like a buncha Okies mangling a good French name!) I started onto the bypass around the town by mistake, as the way the roads were described on the signs was a little confusing. Got straightened out, and cruised the main drag, looking for the Braum's eatin' joint. Saw the Braum's, and there was an HD underneath a tree near it. At first I thought it might be Big Ted's bike, but as I got closer I saw it was a full dresser, not a Road King. I kept on the drag, as I was early and thought I might as well see the town.

About a mile past Braum’s I passed Ted. Easy to pick out his bike as the paint job sorta stands out! I don’t think he saw me, but I turned around and started maneuvering through traffic and caught him. I pulled ahead a bit and we turned into a little lot next to Braum’s where we could park underneath a tree.

We got off our rides, did the meet & greet thing, and then headed i

pilot1996 08-25-2005 11:23 AM

Here is an account of Big Ted's ride to meet Skip:
Well there isn't much to say as far as stories, as Oklahoma in my area is flat land with nothing interesting to see.
Here is my route to meet Skip.

I took Hwy 75 south to Hwy 51 east. Turns into Muskogee Turnpike all the way to I40 east. I40 east to Hwy59 south. Hwy 59 South to Poteau, Ok. We met at the Braum's and ate lunch. Talk for a while, exchanged stories, checked out each others bikes and then parted ways.

On the way home I take the exact same route, but as soon as I hit I40 and get on Muskogee Turnpike, it starts storming so bad, lightning, thunder, rain, wind, drops about 30 degrees, as it was about 105 degree out on the way there, it was now around 70 degrees. I push through and have to make several stop under some overpass' because it is so bad I can't see. But it never lets up, so I ush on all the way back to Bartlesville. Glad I had my heated grips as they were keeping my hands from pruning up from being soked. It poured and thundered the whole time and never let up. It was very interesting to say the least. It was approx. a 342 mile round trip for me.

Here is a map from Skips in Jefferson, Tx to Big Ted's in Bartlesville, OK.

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...rtlesville.jpg

Here is a pic of Big Ted packing the mascot to head home.

http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...e%20Mascot.jpg

pilot1996 08-29-2005 01:31 AM

Here is an account of n2spds ride:

Well I have the Mascot! It was great meeting Ted and his wife today. I am a pretty good judge of character and in the short time we visited today I can honestly say the Pugh's are good people. I am looking forward to meeting more forum members and plan on passing the Mascot on to Steve in OKC. I am not sure how to do a map so I will just tell you the route we took. We started off in Inola,Ok and headed North on HWY88 to Claremore,Ok We then headed North on HWY66 to HWY 28 West, 28 West to HWY 75 North,75 North to Bartlesville,Ok and met Ted and his wife at QT. We visited for awhile,took some pictures and then headed South on 75 Collinsville,Ok where we got on HWY20 East. We took 20 to 169 north and 169 to HWY 88 back to Inola,Ok If someone wants to print a map they can. As for my friends that rode with me they are starting from the left, Dewayne, His brother John, Mitch, Linda, Ted of course, Brian and Myself. They are true soldiers, I pgave them a days notice and they were ready to go. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this. We had a great time today and all plan on moving the Mascot to OKC next weekend if Steve is available.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...pd/4-05110.jpg

Here is a map of n2spd route from Inola to meet with Big Ted and back to Inola:
http://www.macandkelly.com/images/ha...scot/inola.jpg

pilot1996 11-11-2005 08:33 AM

Here is a pic of the hand off between Steveokla and Mikester48:

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Sonny%20004.jpg

pilot1996 11-11-2005 08:39 AM

Here is an account from Mikester48 of the handoff from Mikester48 to Skos:

The mascot is in the Dallas area. The handoff to skos was made Saturday afternoon in Wichita Falls, Texas. Just to give you all a brief story about the day. I met steveokla at a gas station north of Lawton at 11am Saturday, we rode several miles into the Wichita Mountains wildlife refuge and up to the top of Mount Scott where the handoff was made. It was cold and very windy, it was all we could do to hold on to the mascot for the picture. We ran into several other riders on top who had driven up from Denton for the day, one of them took our picture. They were very interested to hear about the mascot travels, everyone thinks it is a great idea when they hear about it. I was happy to meet Stephen, we have only communicated here on this board and by email, phone. After the transfer Stephen took off to return to Oklahoma City and I headed south on I-44 towards Wichita Falls. I got off the interstate about 5 miles south of Lawton ( I really don't enjoy cruising interstates) went to Wichita Falls on back roads into a pretty strong headwind. I met skos (Steve) at the Olive Garden where the second handoff was made
Overall it was a great day for me, I met two new friends from this forum, got to handoff the mascot and had a great day riding. The only small glitch in the day was the discussion I had regarding my speed with the Texas Highway Patrol officer near Wichita Falls. I swear I was only doing 65, he thinks it was 74. But he only gave me a warning and had good things to say about my bike, so it wasn't all bad. If you get a chance to move the mascot go for it.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4824/mascotwf2es.jpg
https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...tytoDallas.jpg

Tripper 03-13-2006 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The following is the account of SKOS’s (Steve) ride to meet ameristo (Harvey):
It was a wonderful day, high 70’s & sunny for a change. My route left Little Elm, TX. Hwy 380E to 75S. 75S to 635E. 635E to 20E. 20E to Hwy19. 119 miles one way.

Dairy Place in Canton, TX
We both had the famous buffalo burger at “The Dairy Place” and a real nice talk. Harvey you are a real nice guy. He has done some assume mods to his bike and it looks great. When it was time to go we found 2 other Harley riders leaving as well and ask them to snap our picture. We also explained why 2 riders who don’t know each other are meeting out in East Texas and taking a picture with a flag. On the way home a put on about 139 mile because I took the back roads. It was a lot nicer not having to run balls out.

The only bad point about this day was when I got home. I felt a little wind burn on my face. What I did not realize is that riding in the sun & wind all day; I received a real bad case of sunburn. But it was all worth it! Here is a picture of the way home.
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3...ocanton6cc.jpg
Steve (Skos) and Harvey (Ameristo)
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7600/shos26cd.jpg

The Ride Home
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6936/skos7jj.jpg

Harvey's (ameristo) tail:

I left Bossier City, LA around 9:00am March 1st, 2006 on a somewhat cool, sunny and windy day. Did I say windy? I mean near hurricane strength! Headed out on Interstate 20 to meet with Skos in Canton, TX I didn't even make it out of town before I had to stop and tighten up my left mirror, that sucker was flappin in the wind like a hound dogs lips. Once done I settled into a nice 80mph cruise and then the wind, did I mention the wind? Good thing they make interstates into four lanes, I used them all. I mean that wind was blowin me around like an empty beer can! Well, I decided I needed a little extra weight so I stopped in Longview at the Whataburger and got a Breakfast sandwich. At least if I was gonna crash I wasn't gonna be hungry. I guess that extra pound of food made the difference because I was able to stay in my lane a little better. I pulled into Canton about 11:40am and as I was peeling off my leathers Skos pulled up. Talk about timing! We did the normal greetings, check out the bike stuff and headed inside for a famous buffalo burger. We shared bike experiences, work experiences etc. etc..... We stepped outside and with our little tummies full of buffalo burger, the weather warmed up so a light jacket was in order. As we were saddling up a couple of the local bikers walked by so we got them to take the picture of the hand off. We then checked out their harleys and gave the story of the mascott and invited them to the forum. Anyways, all finished up here, at about 1:00pm, saddled up, gassed up and said our final goodbye's and headed back home. I decided that the mascot wouldn't care too much for the interstate scene so it was the scenic route home. At least the pace would be a little slower and the trees offered some protection from the wind. So south on 19 to 64 and turned east towards LA. Rode 64 pretty much all the way to Henderson where I stopped by to see my wife, rest the butt, and drink a soda. I turned NE on 43 and headed to Marshall, seems the mascot has been this way before. Back on the interstate at Marshall I headed east to Bossier City. I made it home around 5:00pm 295 miles later and sunburned to a crisp! Somehow when you take off in the morning at 47degrees sunburn just doesn't enter into the mind.

Dairy Queen in Canton, TX
https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/leemick/Dairy.jpg

Steve (Skos) and Harvey (amaristo)
Attachment 553979

Harvey's route with the Mascot
Attachment 553980

Terry TK 03-13-2006 10:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is from Mac11

I met Ameristo on Saturday, March 4, 2006 at Paradise Truckstop located at I-20 (Exit 49) and Hwy 153, Minden, Louisiana. We made the transfer of the Mascot and I returned back to Ruston, Louisiana via Hwy 153 app. 3 miles to LA. State Highway 79 travels app. 35 miles east to Homer, Lousiana. From Homer, Louisian I took La, Hwy 146 (White Lightning) highway named for various reasons but mainly in the proabation area of folks hauling home made materials in the truck of their cars. App. 45 miles from Homer, Louisiana to Ruston, La. Total miles app. 166 miles. Ameristo is suppose to be sending the pics of our transfer, if he doesn't I have copies.

I met three friends of mine Bobby Ledford, Clyde Pesnell and a friend of theirs at our local Citgo station on Saturday, March 11 at 7:30 am and we traveled on La Hwy 33 app. 5 miles to I-20 traveling east app. 35 miles to West Monroe, Louisiana where we picked up another friend of mine, Chuck Adams and two of his friends. We had seven of us traveling I-20 east bound stopping at Visksburg, Mississippi to admire the old Mississippi River and to gas up. Leaving Visksburg, Ms our next stop was Forest, Mississippi where we met (nok1him) Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee and his friend at the Santa Fe Steakhouse at I-2- and State Hwy 35. One way was 195 miles and round trip 397 miles.

It was really good to get to meet another HDForums.com member and one of his friends plus we got to have fellowship with the other guys, as well as, introduce six others to the Mascot, included them in the picture and now hopefully we will hve six new memebers to join us. Mikeeeee should be sending you the pics of the transfer.

Thanks a million, it has truly been a very good learning experience on the forum, and its has brought those we would have never met together. How many times do you go on a trip and meet someone and they call you to make sure you made it home OK - That't the kind of friendship you make - Thanks Mikeeeeeeeee - Friends Always.

Mac

Mac11 (John) and No1Likehim (Mikeeeeeeee)
Attachment 553976

Attachment 553977

Attachment 553978

Tripper 03-27-2006 11:27 PM

6 Attachment(s)
This is Mikeeeeeeee's story:

My time with the mascot began long before I ever saw it and held it. Around the 1st of the year I began posting like crazy to try to get it moving in my direction so I could participate in this forum in a whole new way. The mascot moved to Ruston La, to my new and good friend John McKenzie (Mac11). John PMed me and said “Guess what I got?” We agreed to ride rain or shine and meet in Forest Ms. That was 200 miles one way for John and 210 miles one way for me. I went to my best riding buddy Hal and said “you have got to ride with me to Mississippi!” When I explained what was going on, he agreed to ride with me.
We set out at 7 AM on the 11th of March, 2006 for Forest Ms. Most of the ride was non interstate on old US 80. We rode through one patch of rain, but it was generally a beautiful day with mostly cloudy skies.
Arriving at Forest around 11, we pulled into Penn’s Santa Fe Steakhouse and waited about 20 minutes and John and his entourage pulled in. After shaking hands and meeting everyone, we exchanged the mascot and took pictures. Out of 9 riders, John and I were the only forum members, but I’m sure some of the others will join.
We had a great meal and fellowship and got to know each other, but time came that we knew we had to leave to make it back before dark.
The trip back was nice and Hal and I split ways a few miles from home and I pulled into the driveway around 5 PM. 420.3 miles were on the trip odometer. Longest ride I have ever been on, but MORE than worth ever mile!

The following Saturday, It was around 50 degrees when Vicki and I left Montgomery riding 2 up on the EG Classic. Rain was on the radar all around us, but we suited up for rain before getting on the bike and determined that “Rain or shine” we were going to meet Oliver Clozoff (Brian Lowe) at Peach Park in Clanton Al. Brian, Bryon, and Heath were riding down from the Birmingham area to meet us.
The rain just seemed to dry up as we rode and we never caught a single drop. We rode up on I-65 north and got to Clanton around 10:45 Am. We went inside and grabbed a cup of coffee and waited for the B’ham boys to show up. Sure enough, right about 11 they pulled in and parked.
Handshakes, intros, and smiles. The mascot was exchanged and Vicki took pictures with 3 cameras! We went inside and had some BBQ and peach ice cream and talked for about an hour or so. Retiring outside we drooled on each other’s bikes for while and then Vicki and I suited back up and proceeded to take the long way home. Clanton is about 40 miles from our house in Montgomery. We rode back on old US 31 to Al 143 to Al 111 then US 231 home. A very scenic route that takes you by the Confederate Veterans Home and other points of interest.

I am honored to have carried and signed the Mascot. In the process I got to meet some new friends and went on the longest single day ride of my life. I learned that an Electra Glide is made for one thing – eating up highway, and doing it with the greatest of ease!

Thanks to Brian for meeting me in Clanton.
Thanks to John for meeting me in Ms. Thanks to John for being my newest best buddy.
Tim in St Lamant La. I’m sorry that the flu had you down man. I would have loved to meet you too!
Thanks HDForums for being there and making all this possible!

Attachment 553622

Attachment 553623

Brian and Mike
Attachment 553624

Forest1
Attachment 553625

John and Mike
Attachment 553626

Mascot Guys
Attachment 553627

Tripper 04-08-2006 04:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
On a chilly but beautiful sunny Saturday morning I got all my layers on, fueled up and headed west. I rode west on hwy 78 out of Douglasville passing through Temple,VOn a chilly but beautiful sunny Saturday morning I got all my layers on, fueled up and headed west. I rode west on hwy 78 out of Douglasville passing through Temple,Villa Rica,Bremen,and Tallapoosa, before reaching the GA/AL line. I had to make an unscheduled stop in Temple at small motorcycle shop called Hog Wild of Temple. You see, I had mt clothing planned well in all but one area, my neck! I had on layers and leather head to toe but my neck was bare. I stopped in at Hog Wild and bought a fleece lined leather neckerchief and continued west. One more restroom stop in Heflin AL (bathroom hand dryers are great for warming up road cold hands!) After a couple of passes through Oxford , I missed the turn to the dealership, I asked directions and was on course. I pulled up at Mt Cheaha HD at exactly 11:30 and was heading into the dealer when someone out front said "What are you here for?". There sat Oliver Clozoff (Brian) and mr McCool (also brian). We sat and talked for a but then they both signed the mascot and someone mentioned food. Having nothing in my stomach but a cup of Earl Grey that morning I was ll for some food and continued fellowship with some really nice guys.We had a long talkative lunch and then parted ways, me with mascot in saddle bag.

The next leg of my journeys with the mascot didnt start too well.The night before the missus and I had gone to a nephew's basketball game. With temps in the low 70s to high 60s we decided to ride the bike. After the game we exit the gym to see it pouring down rain I tell her to catch a ride with the others in the cage and I suit up. We ride a few miles down the road and the rain has stopped so we stop for dinner. We had a long dinner and then i went to gas up and it came a toad strangling rain! So for the next hour I splashed and sloshed my way home. The next morning I awoke a couple of hours before I needed to leave so that I could get my bike clean and presentable for the trip to meet Dexo54 (Robert). Upon waking I heard more rain so washing the bike was out . Dexo and I had PMed though and decided rain or shine So I went got all my stuff ready got on the bike and fired it up. As the bike idled warming up I began my usual mental checklist.OOPS! the mascot was on my owrk bench!!! How bad would that have sucked to ride to Clayton county HD to meet Dexo only to have to say sorry bro Ill hafta go back and get it! Luckily my mental list served me well. As Im backing out of my shop the neighbor calls over the fence asking where Im going so i explained. He said hold on he would gear up and come with me. So off we went to meet Dexo. We arrived to find him already there. Some good conversation and talk of riding destinations and we were off for home with the mascot heading on next leg of it's journey.

ApeKing and Oliver Clozoff at Mt Cheaha HD in Oxford Alabama
Attachment 553208

ApeKing and Dexo54 at Clayton County HD in Clayton county GA
Attachment 553209

Attachment 553210

Tripper 04-12-2006 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Cool Breeze (dexo54):

OK. Here's my story an' I'm stickin' to it.

ApeKing and I decided to ride rain or shine for the meet and handoff on April 1st. After gassin' up I left Macon about 9:30 am and headed north on I-475 to I-75 all the way to Clayton County HD in Morrow, Ga. Weather was calling for showers, but I only encountered a few sprinkles around McDonough, Ga. Otherwise it was a partly sunny day about 70*. I took the easy route up so as not to be late. I arrived at our destination about 11 am and within a few minutes Ape and a riding buddy of his pulled in. We did the meet and greet thing, handed off the Mascot to ME! took a couple of pic's and then walked around the HD store checking out the "stuff", we exchanged stories about bikes and different rides and things. We couldn't believe some of the prices in that store. Anyway, after a while and a few more good stories, we decided to head out. Left Morrow, Ga at 1pm heading south on SR 54 to US 41/19 south. After passing the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga (probably the best track in NASCAR) I stopped for a bite of lunch at Wendy's and could hear some stock cars racing or testing while I ate. Pretty cool. Now that "my" tank was full, I continued along US 41/19 south to Barnsville, Ga and rode US 341 for 10 or 12 miles and turned left on SR 74. At the JCT of US 341 and SR 74 I hooked up with 6 other bikers and rode with them all the way back to Macon. Turned out to be a great ride. Glad to have met you Kevin, (ApeKing)

Attachment 553061

Sunday April 2nd and on my way to meet JonHanna and ****** in Gainsville, Ga. Got up about 8 am, checked the weather channel, calling for cool/cloudy conditions, had a light breakfast/ coffee and was off at 9am. We all had decided to take the scenic routes on our way to meet, the interstate just sucks. I again started out on US 41/19 north from Macon, Ga and rode it to Forsyth, Ga then I turned right onto SR 83 north. The sun came out and it was going to be a beautiful day. After a while I rode through Monticello, Ga and learned it was the birthplace of C/W star Trisha Yearwood. I stopped in Shady Dale a few miles down the road for a great homemade biscuit and more coffee. Saddled up, took off and continued along SR 83 north to Madison, Ga. A picture perfect town. As a matter of fact, while passing through it a FOX Film crew from Hollywood was filming a made for TV movie called "Vanished" due out this fall, who knows, maybe me and the 'Glide will be a passing by, Hmmmm. Anyway, here in Madison I pick up US 129 north (ya'll know it as the Dragon up in Tenn) and ride to Bishop, Ga and decide to stop and call Jon and Rusty. Hey I've got a voice mail from Jon and we seem to be on time. I call them back, tell them where I'm at and will see them around 12/1 pm. So now I'm in Gainsville about 11:45 am and can't find the restuarant, so I stop in a local gas and go and ask for directions. The folks inside are from India and can't tell me anything. OK, so onto the next gas station. I go inside and ask, they are also from India and speak broken english, they tell me to go two lights down turn right and it will take me to Dawsonville. WTF! I don't want to go to Dawnsonville. I mean these folks live here, but don't know where they are. Hmph!!! Anyway I find the road that I missed and the Texas Roadhouse restuarnt was only 1/2 mile from where I was to begin with. As I pull in at 12:30 and put down the kickstand, here comes JohHanna and ****** at the same time, What timing, guess getting lost wasn't such a bad thing after all. We met and talked for a while, checked out the bikes, swapped stories took a few pics handed off the Mascot to Jon then onto lunch. Had a great time meeting Jon and Rusty. Food was really good too, thanks Jon for the suggestion as to where to meet. After lunch we gathered outside to again admire out trusty steeds and swap more stories and even plan a fut

Tripper 04-12-2006 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
From JonHanna

Tripper, here is my story.

Before hand we have been talking about this for weeks now. The Upstate South
Carolina guys got a thread going here. https://www.hdforums.com/m_342544/tm.htm

At one point we had an unoffical number of eight bikes going down to meet Dexo54
in Gainsville GA. As time drew closer the number of people got smaller. But
****** and myself stayed true to South Carolina and went along with the plans as
normal. Mapped out ahead of time through the trusty old South Carolina map. We
would meet at ****** and I's regular meet and greet, Hwy #11 and Hwy#14 in
Gowensville.
Meeting time:8:30ish
Kickstands up:9:00am
The moring of, I headed out for the meeting place around eight o'clock,
knowing it doesn't take 30 minutes to get there But I figured on gas'n up before
time to leave and have myself a wake-up drink and snack. After doing my
pre-check of the oils, leaks, air and lights, I started the Street Bob up,
strapped my on head bucket and I was off. 12 miles to the next stop.
****** came pulling up around 8:45. We said our normal "you ready to ride you
big ole redneck" and 9:00 we were off!!! Both of us wearing longsleeves and
t-shirts over them. That day raholw has come.
Leaving out headed south on Hwy 11 through the mountains, sun shining and real
cool in the lower shaded areas of the road but otherwise we couldn't have asked
for better weather for this ride. #11 is a scenic route that runs through and
right below mountians like table rock and ceasars head. All 2 lane, alittle
curvy and mostly 55 mph. So, after the first 50 minutes of riding we pulled over
just past the bridge that crosses over Lake Keowee, cause we figured by
mapquest it stated it was 120ish miles from Inman to Gainsville Ga by major
highways and ****** had already drove 20 miles or so just to the meeting place,
we thought we were about halfway there. We killed a few minutes, called Robert
to make sure he was in route and then headed off again.
Cruising at a good 60-65 mph nothing was gonna stop us. Slow travelers got
passed(2 cars illegally)on the way to hwy 123 in Westminister. Stopping again
right before we hit Toccoa Georgia for tobbacco, restroom break and check my
voice mail to confirm Robert was still in route. We should have about 45 minutes
till we arrive in Gainsville.
Running through Toccoa and checking my trusty mapquest road atlas we jumped
onto 23 south. A four lane highway nice stretches of straight wide open road.
With speeds hitting 75-80 mph in some spots, ****** was in heaven with that
trusty home-made windsceen. Here I was tuff'n it out with half helmet, glasses
and a minimal motorcycle getting pounded by kamikaze bugs of all sorts and sizes
on my sun burnt skin. Jumping ahead to arriving in Gainsville we stopped to
check our directions to the Texas Roadhouse. Exit on 129 into Gainsville(Jesse
Jewell pkwy) right on W. Academy st, turn left on w washinton st then right on
GA-52. Talk about planning, ****** and I pulled in right behind Dexo54!
We met, talked, exchanged the great mascot and went inside for a great lunch and
tea. Then Gassed up for the return home. I won't go on about that but it was
great and very nice ride. ****** and I are the Ironasses of the Upstate well
atleast off the HDforums. We returned to our starting point, exchanged the
mascot and split off on our different ways. Mission Accomplished!

Once again it was great to meet Robert(dexo54). And thanks for the lunch.
Our mileage was 312 miles round trip.
A few images

Attachment 553055

Attachment 553056

Attachment 553057

Tripper 04-12-2006 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Trip, it's me ******!
I just got in from meeting Redhawk (keith), sgtdiesel(Chris) and Chris's wife Courtney to pass on the Mascot
I left home ready to ride this Morning at 9am sharp. It was still a little cool, 47*, but Mr weatherman promised sunny skies and a High temp of 65*. I had made arrangements with Keith to meet him in Concord, NC which is just outside Charlotte. We had agreed to meet at the BP Gas Station just below Pat Rogers Harley-Davidson at 11am. I gave myself 2 hours to make the 90+ mile ride. Not knowing how much traffic I would encounter around the big City of Charlotte. Even though AuotFair was being held a Lowes Motor Speedway traffic was light and I made good time, arriving at the BP Station just below the HD Dealer at 10:30. I stretched my legs, got a Diet Pepsi and just milled around watching the people and the Custom Cars headed to the AutoFair. Keith arrived right on time at 11. He told me SgtDiesel (Chris) had called and was going to join us with his wife Courtney.
We rode on to Pat Rogers HD, shot the breeze while waiting on Chris & Courtney. After they arrived we got thru the introductions, picture taking and decided to ride to Morrow Mtn. State Park. Lunch arrangements had been made prior to leaving the HD Dealer, so we stopped had lunch, some more good conversation, then off we went to the State Park. Once inside the Park we made more pics, got to know Chris & Courtney a little better and took in the beautiful NC scenery. Then due to Babysitter restriction Chris and Courtney had to call it a day. Keith and I decided to ride thru the countryside so he could show me is home area. We rode about a 100 miles together before I decided I wanted to get home before dark thirty. All told it was a very fine day, I made two new friends and had a free lunch courtesy of Keith, and logged 310 miles on a beautiful Sporty on a beautiful day! And the Mascot is now in NC!

Keith, ******, Chris
Attachment 553053

Attachment 553054

Tripper 04-18-2006 03:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is from Chris (SgtDiesel)

Hey Tripper,

Here is the latest chapter in the travels of the HDF Mascot. I suppose I should begin with the route it took back to Monroe, NC with Redhawk(Keith) last Sunday when we picked it up from ******(Rusty).

We met ****** at Pat Rogers' Speedway Harley Davidson just off I-85 at exit 49, Speedway Blvd. near Lowe’s Motor Speedway. We had a nice ride, though a slightly chilly one on over to Morrow Mountain State Park in Albemarle. After Morrow Mountain, I parted ways with Redhawk and ******, but the mascot carried on with Redhawk through about another 100 miles of scenic riding. First south on NC24-27 and NC205 then on secondary roads back over to Charlotte. There Redhawk and ****** said their goodbyes and Redhawk flew back to Monroe via US74. I've attached MapPoint maps of the exact route.

Yesterday, Redhawk and his wife Kelly left Monroe headed west on US74 to I-485 northbound and then took NC49 to Harrisburg, NC where they met my wife Courtney and me for the ride to Asheboro, NC to meet capn_buzzcut, a.k.a. Jim. From Harrisburg we traveled north on NC49 all the way to Asheboro where we hit I-73/74 South to the Business US220 exit. From there we took NC134 just about a mile to Cox's H-D.

It turned out that Cox's was having an Easter celebration and there were folks galore, including the Easter bunny, so it was a little hard to find Jim at first. We did meet up with him though and took a few photos before we checked out the festivities. The local HOG chapter was selling chili and they had some merchandise specials and contests. Kelly even won a gift certificate for $50 in H-D parts.

Jim had to take off with the mascot, so Keith, Kelly, Courtney, and I had a nice ride down through the NC sandhills... about 240 total miles for the day.

I've attached two photos. Pictured are (l-r) Keith(Redhawk), Chris(SgtDiesel) and Jim(capn_buzzcut) with the mascot and Kelly, Keith, Jim, Courtney and Chris in the group photo.

All the maps for the mascot route are attached. They are correct except for only a few miles around Charlotte where construction has been completed on I-485. In those areas, the mascot traveled on newly completed sections of the highway instead of city streets as it appears. They should work with any version of MapPoint or Streets & Trips. Let me know if you can't open them.

Chris
SgtDiesel

Attachment 552751

Attachment 552752

These maps just in from Chris:

Attachment 552753

Attachment 552754

Attachment 552755

Tripper 04-18-2006 03:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
capn_buzzcut's story:

Lee,
The kmz file I attached can be opened using the free "Google Earth"
software (http://earth.google.com). If you don't already have it, trust me you'll love it. The file is a track log from my gps, showing where I took delivery of the mascot and the convoluted ride to my home. If you can't make any sense of it, let me know.

Redhawk and I arranged to hand off the mascot at noon on 4.15.06 at Cox HD just south of Asheboro, NC. None of my lazy buddies wanted to come with me, and neither did my wife, so I rode alone. I arrived a little early to find that Cox was having an Easter celebration. I got myself a bowl of chili beans and watched as kids hunted for Easter eggs.

Luckily Redhawk and I had exchanged cell phone numbers. He called me about 12:00 and needed some directions. He was just down a couple of exits though, so it didn't take long for them to get there. Redhawk came with his friend SgtDiesel and their wives. Once we met in the parking lot, we all chatted just a bit, then took some pictures and did the whole mascot signing thing.

Before I left home, my wife had reminded me that our grass is about knee high and I've got a "honey-do" list about as long, so I fully intended to just make the exchange and hurry back home. Once the signing was done then, I said my goodbyes and headed back to do battle with the lawn. And The List.

Riding back, the weather was simply perfect, the warmest it's been this year, and hardly a cloud in the sky. I decided that my plan to spend the day doing menial labor needed some review, so I stopped at Hooter's in Greensboro to give it a think. Home was only about 45 minutes away, so I figured that I would go home, just not so much straight home, more of a scenic route. Surely that would be OK.

I left Hooter's and headed West on I-40. Once in Winston-Salem, I took Hwy. 52 North. Outside Winston, I took a short little detour to ride up Pilot mountain, then back on the highway. On through Mt. Airy and up to where 52 crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway at Fancy Gap, VA. After filling up with gas, I headed North on the Parkway. It gets a little cool at 3000 feet, but I was fine in a t-shirt. I've spent a lot of time riding this area of the BRP, and I can tell you that any day you can ride without a jacket is simply heaven. I stayed on the Parkway for a while, eventually winding up at Roanoke, VA.

Once in Roanoke, that's when the cell phone started ringing. It was about 6pm. I had shirked my duties, wasted the entire day, and made a complete mockery of The List. So back home I headed on Hwy. 220 South.
Hang a left in Ridgway, VA and head South on Hwy. 14. About 7pm when I finally got there.

Once home, I received an informative critique regarding how I had spent my day. Worth it? Hell yeah.

capn_buzzcut

Attachment 552746

Attachment 552747

Attachment 552748

Attachment 552749

Tripper 05-10-2006 06:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This from Jim Hubbard:

On Saturday May6, 2006, I met FBFletch at the Snappy Lunch in Mount Airy, NC (http://www.thesnappylunch.com). I traveled from home along NC Hwy 770, to 704, to 8, into VA, then to 103, back into NC, and on into town. I've been by Snappy Lunch many times, but never taken the time to stop there. It's a sorta famous place, made popular by the Andy Griffith show. It's a small restaurant, and the food is nothing special, but even on an ordinary Saturday we had to wait nearly 1/2 and hour to get in.

I brought along my daughter, and Fletch graciously paid for our meal (thanks again!). Afterwards, both of us had busy days ahead, so we did the flag signing thing and took a few photos, then parted ways. Thanks all for the opportunity to carry a piece of history.

Attachment 552049

Attachment 552050

Attachment 552051

Attachment 552052

Tripper 05-13-2006 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
From Clark Fletcher:

As Jim already recounted, I met he and his daughter at the Snappy Lunch in Mt.
Airy on Saturday, May 6th around noon. After lunch, Jim passed the Mascot off to
me and I left, headed for home.

I took Highway 89W out of Mt. Airy over to I-77. Took I-77 South down to I-40
and then got on I-40 West to Exit 123 in Hickory. From there, I took Highway 321
South about four miles and exited to my home which is just off Highway 321.

The next morning I left my home about 10:30 in the morning in a cold rain with
the Mascot safely tucked away in my travel bag. I once again got on Highway 321
South to Gastonia, NC. There I got on I-85 North and proceeded to I-485 toward
Rock Hill, SC. Had to stop as soon as I got on I-485 to put on another layer of
clothes as it was pretty chilly at that point I took I-485 to I-77 then I-77
South to Rock Hill where I got off at Exit 77.

Immediately off the exit, I stopped at the Cone Auto Plaza for gas and some
water. From there I took Highway 5/21 South to Highway 5 East. Had to stop again
on Highway 5 (small convenience store at the Bowater Paper Plant) to put on
another layer of clothes. Man it was cold. Continued on Highway 5 to Highway 521
South which I took to Lancaster, SC.

In Lancaster, I took Highway 521 Bypass to Highway 903 and Highway 903 to
Highway 151. Traveled on Highway 151 South through McBee, SC (pronounced MACKB
in these parts). Just south of McBee, I turned left onto Lake Robinson Road
which I rode several miles to Middendorf Road. Turned right on Middendorf Road
and traveled approximately 3 miles to the place I'm staying while working in SC.

So, that's where the Mascot is at the moment. Tomorrow evening, I'll be leaving
for the Myrtle Beach Rally. I'll provide an updated route of the ride to MB and
the Mascot rides at MB later.

Regards,
Clark Fletcher

Attachment 551969

Revised map from Clark; It appears road construction leads map updates. The red section is the actual route.
Attachment 551970

Tripper 05-18-2006 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From FBFletch:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mascot Travels Continue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Friday, May 12th, I left from my place travelling towards Hartsville, SC on
Middendorf Road. When you cross from Chesterfield County, SC into Darlington
County, Middendorf Road turns into Lakeview Blvd.

I took Lakeview Blvd. to Highway 15 Business South and travelled on 15 Business
South through Hartsville, SC to Highway 151. Turned left onto Highway 151 toward
Darlington, SC. I had to travel past the Darlington Raceway and folks were
already rolling in for the Busch race on Friday night. So, I was a bit of a pain
maneuvering through there.

Just past the Raceway, I turned onto Highway 52 South toward Florence, SC. After
travelling appoximately 5 miles on Highway 52, I turned onto Highway 179.
Travelled on 179 to Highway 356 which turns into 26/356 near Quinby, SC. In
Quinby, I turned left onto Highway 358. Just on the east side of Quinby, SC,
Highway 358 becomes Highway 24 which I travelled until it ended at Highway 76
(across from Francis Marion University).

I turned left onto Highway 76 and travelled on 76 to Marion, SC bearing right
onto Highway 576. Highway 576 continues to the southeast side of Marion where it
becomes Highway 501.

I travelled on Highway 501 to Myrtle Beach, SC where I'm staying at the Landmark
Resort on South Ocean Blvd.

Attachment 551787

Tripper 05-20-2006 12:15 PM

8 Attachment(s)
FBFletch:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Myrtle Beach Meet and Greet 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday, May 13th, I left the Landmark Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC and
travelled on Highway 501 to Highway 17 Bypass. Took Highway 17 Bypass north to
29th Street North. From 21st Street to 29 Street North is a Shopping area called
Broadway at the Beach.

I arrived in the parking lot at the Hard Rock Cafe at 1:45 PM (about 15 minutes
prior to the time we had agreed upon for our Meet and Greet). I set up with my
bike facing toward the Hard Road with a banner from mirror-to-mirror that said
"HD Forums".

After about 10-15 minutes the first HD Forum member showed up. It was
Mikeisglidn. I knew him immediately from his Electra Glide. And yes, it looks
just as good in person as it does in the pictures. Others gradually rolled in.
We ended up with six members there total - myself included. It wasn't exactly
what I had hoped for but, I honestly feel that were some people who came and
simply couldn't find us. The parking lot was huge and there were a ton of bikes
there to see the Bike Week vendors that were set up at Broadway. Even the folks
that found us commented that they just about gave up.

The members that showed up were:

Myself (FBFletch)
Mikeisglidn
LT753
MikeinNC
Softbutt
Turn55

I had planned a 40 mile ride for the day but, most folks had other commitments
so, we decided to scrap the ride. But, we held a Mascot signing in the parking
lot of the Hard Rock. We didn't really have a good spot to sign the Mascot so,
LT753's lovely wife bent over, draped the Mascot over her backside, and told us
to sign away. It was all I could do to keep from signing the Mascot a second
time. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the signing including LT753s wife and a
friend of hers wrapped in the Mascot. Believe me, the Mascot never looked
better.

Attachment 551702

Attachment 551703

Attachment 551704

Attachment 551705

Attachment 551706

Attachment 551707

Attachment 551708

Attachment 551709

Hopefully, more people will be able to find us at the next Meet and Greet at SBB
(new location) this coming Saturday (May 20th, 2 PM). It should be a little
easier to locate me at SBB as the parking lot there is much smaller than the
parking lot at the Hard Rock. Even though the Meet and Greet isn't until 2 PM,
I'll probably get there around noon or shortly thereafter so I can check out all
the vendors.

Tripper 05-24-2006 12:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Travels Continue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second weekend at Myrtle Beach was interesting. I left the Landmark Resort
on Ocean Blvd. a little after 1 PM on Saturday (May 20th) with two friends of
mine who are new forum members (Chuck and Mary).

We headed south on Ocean Blvd. until it ended at Hwy 17 Business, crossed Hwy.
17 through the now closed Myrtle Beach Air Force Base and over to Hwy. 17
Bypass. We turned left onto Hwy. 17 Bypass and drove south toward Murrell's
Inlet.

About half way there, we got caught in a downpour and pulled into a VW
Dealership until the rain let up. Then on to Suck, Bang, Blow. We arrived there
right at 2 PM. Immediately upon pulling into the parking lot, Solorider (Rob)
from Wisconsin recognized my bike, came up, and we started talking.

I was waiting for Crash to show up so I could pass the Mascot off to him for the
trip to the Northeast. Waited at SBB until after 4 PM but, no one else ever
showed up. I found out later that Crash had to leave MB a day early due to a
death in the family.

Attachment 551590

On Sunday morning, I passed the Mascot off to Chuck who, as fate would have it,
was headed back home to NJ. Since Chuck's in the middle of trying to move and
doesn't really have time to post, I'll pass on the information about his trip so
the map can be updated.

We left MB on Sunday morning traveling north on Hwy. 501. (501 Bypass around
Marion, SC which may not show up on maps yet). Chuck and Mary continued on 501
North to I-95 near the NC/SC border. Traveled on I-95 North through NC into
Virginia, taking I-295 around Petersburg and Richmond and back onto I-95 North.

From there onto the Washington, DC area taking I-495 around DC back onto I-95
North through Baltimore and into Delaware. In Delaware, took I-295 across the
Delaware Memorial Bridge into NJ. Immediately upon crossing the Delaware
Memorial, exited I-295 onto Hwy. 40 to Woodstown, NJ. In Woodstown, turned onto
Hwy. 45 to South Harrison Township (Near Mullica Hill, NJ).

Attachment 551591

It's my understand that on Monday, May 22nd, Chuck passed the Mascot off to
AcidRayn. Attached is a picture of myself and Solorider (Rob) at SBB on Saturday
the 20th and another picture showing what a terrible weekend it was.

Attachment 551592

Attachment 551593

Tripper 06-02-2006 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
mascot rides, from mullica hill nj chucky to toms river nj acidrayn, bruce00

Okay lee, here you go, this is the first account,

Bruce 00 and I went to Mullica hill to meet up with chuck and mary whom brought it up from myrtle beach for an exchange

What a great couple. Chuck has a nice stable full of bikes a porche and even a Ferrari! Good peeps

The decision to go get the mascot on Monday, may 22, was made in less then an hour. Fletch posted that he handed it off to chuck who lives in nj, I im’d fletch, who sent me back chucks phone number, I called bruce who dropped what he was doin to run south to my house. He arrived about an hour later, and ihad mapped a nice ride thru the pine barrens of south jersey, beautiful riding. I took bruce thru areas he had never knew existed. There used to be this old one lane, covered bridge I wanted to show him, but it’s been taken down. Bummer.

Attachment 551272

So, we got to chuck and mary’s house around 4:30, bull s**tted for awhile, and did the signing and photo shoots

so, we left chucks house and went north on nj45, to nj322w, to the nj turnpike I95 north, bruce and i rode to exit 7a when i broke off and he continued north, i then continued east on I195 to ocean county rt571/cassville-toms river road south to oc rt 549/lakehurst-whitesville rd to nj hwy 70 east to nj hwy 37 east to my house on North Gateway, toms river, where it is now

in the photo, is acidrayn on the left, chucky center, bruce00 right, as your looking at pic

Attachment 551273

Tripper 06-02-2006 10:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Okay, slackr caught wind that the flag was with me and wanted to ride with it

So he stopped by with his girl and went for a run

They left my house, traveled east on nj rt 37 to njrt 35 south, rode the beach to central ave south to nj state park, island beach state park,

Rode island to the end, took the mascot onto the beach, and dipped the corner into the atlantic ocean. NICE!

Edit by Tripper: Stoopid damn map software did not let me show the dip in the Atlantic ocean.

Attachment 551270

Then returned to my house and we took a cpl pics

Order is slackr on left, acidrayn center and slackrs girl maria on the right

Attachment 551271

Tripper 06-02-2006 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Okay, it was time for me to pass off the mascot and keep it rolling

After numerous emails and phone calls it was happening, 12:00 at ground zero NYC

My friend mattman said he’d like to ride along, even though he rides a Honda shadow, and is not a member,

I didn’t think it was a problem, guy loves to ride and is good people, I think he’ll have an ultra glide soon, as he rented one

In Daytona at bike week and still talks about it J “acidrayn smiles inside”

So, he shows up at my house about 9:00am, I was ready, so we left right away

We left my house, traveled on njrt hwy 37 west to nj hwy 70 west,

We turned north on Lakehurst/Whitesville rd, past Lakehurst naval engineering station where the Hindenburg crashed and burned

We turned west on toms river road, to Lakehurst rd, then to pick up my girlfriend at her house

So we now got carolynz with us, we rolled along to bowman rd, and left on don connor blvd,

We stopped on bennets mills rd and had some breakfast at a little dinner

We then rolled along freehold rd to u.s. 195 east

Rode 195 to the garden state parkway north to u.s. rt 9 north

We followed that to lower rd and met up with bruce00 at his house

What a generous guy. Invited us in, bull sh**ed a bit and off we went. (nice place man, looks good)

So, we rolled out to winnans rd, and back on rt 9 north

We then jumped on the nj turnpike I 95 north

THEN THE TRAFFIK STARTED!

We got near the Holland tunnel and let me tell ya, I found out what HEAT MANAGEMENT” is!

After some cussin and running a red light we got into the tunnel

Then along to the west side highway where we met up with kjriv, phat03 and Geronimo

Did the signing thing, photo ops and decided it was hot and we needed some frosty adult beverages

Now, the problem in downtown ny on Sunday, is all the little beer and shot joints are closed

So we wound up paying 5$ a beer, but man were they colllllddddd

So, now it was in the hands of phat03, and I’ll let him or kjriv tell their tale

Me, mattman and my gurl ran with them till we got near my girls house and we broke off.

Had a great time, have made some new friends, and what can I say?

Thanks guys, o, yea, thanks carl for payin that toll at the verazzano bridge, we only had a 100 $ bill on us, and you know

What that means, we would have gotten back all singles for change! Thanks again bud

Rayn

Attachment 551269

Tripper 07-26-2006 11:01 PM

Hey Lee - sorry its been a while - been a bit hectic lately with work. Here's
the mascot story from where Acidrayn met up with us. How can I send ya some
pics??...let me know...ALso.regards...Karl

NY, NYÂ - the Ground Zero Meet and ride to NJ 5/28/06

Beautiful weather and a perfect summer day. Blue skies, 80 degrees, and hardly a
breeze blowing.

I met up with Joe (Phat03) on the Southern State Pkwy in LI for the ride into
NYC. Mostly a smooth run with a few spots of traffic here n there. We headed
west along the SSP that becomes the Belt Pkwy which loops around the south shore
of Brooklyn and overlooks NY harbor. Forgot how beautiful it is here overlooking
the water. Came up under the Verazanno Narrows Bridge, rode up I278 East (Bklyn
Qns Expwy) thru some traffic and caught I478 west through the Brooklyn Battery
Tunnel (gotta luv running thru a tunnel!) and into the heart of downtown
Manhattan. We swung up the Westside Highway and after looking a bit for Church
St, pulled over, called AcidRayn (who was sitting in traffic in NJ at the
Holland Tunnel) and decided to wait for them at West Side Hwy and Vesey Street
just North of the Pedestrian bridge that once linked the World Trade Ctr with
the World Financial Center.

Here’s where we made the handoff –a few minutes after we parked, Ryan
(AcidRayn), his girlfriend Caroline, their riding buddy Matt and Bruce (Bruce00)
pulled up followed seconds later by Greg (Geronimo). We made the introductions ;
all I can say is what a great bunch of folks. Real genuine down to earth people
that’d I’d be proud to call my riding buds. We did the handoff, and using
Joe’s Fatboy as a table, Phat03, Geronimo and myself put our John Hancocks on
the mascot. While snapping some pictures, someone mentioned “Henieken” in
passing and we were off in search of a nearby watering hole for a cold one.
Geronimo took responsibility for carrying the mascot and after a quick ride
through downtown NYC, we stopped at a bar (the name escapes me) on John Street
off Broadway had a cold one or two, and resumed the journey. With Phat03 leading
the charge, we rode back thru the Battery Tunnel (I478 E) out of lower Manhattan
(at wide open throttle I might say – absolutely awesome!) and into Brooklyn,
and caught the Brooklyn Queens Expy ( I278 W) for a teeth rattling ride that led
to the Verazanno Narrows Bridge and into Staten Island. Here we caught up with
Rt 440 S: Pearl Harbor Memorial Hwy that would lead us over the Outerbridge
Crossing and into NJ where he hit A LOT of traffic as 5 lanes squeezed down to 2
. A lot of holiday cage volume. We continued on Rt 440 W towards to the NJ
Turnpike ( I95) and rode it South to exit 7A where we picked up I295 W for a
mile to catch Rt130 N. Right at the intersection of I295 and 130, on the other
side, was the next meet point: World Class HD. We caught the next turn around
(most of us anyway!!) and doubled back to pull into the dealer’s lot arriving
at 3:25 : 5 minutes to closing. At least we got a bathroom break, checked out a
few scoots from a real extensive collection, and hung out in the lot wating for
Craig (CMBucky) who arrived shortly after

At the dealer’s lot, more introductions, more pics, and the handoff. Again a
cool fella who made a helluva trip by himself. We soon parted ways, Craig
heading west, and the NJ/NY crew off in search of FOOD!…No such luck
though….we gave up finally, hooked up with the NJ Tpke ( I95) Northbound and
gassed up ouselves and the scoots at one of the Tpke rest stops. Halfway back,
Bruce00 broke off to head back to Northen NJ with Geronimo doing the same
shortly after heading for Westchester. Joe and I headed back to LI., reversing
course, and hit some MAJOR traffic. Still, ALL well worth it. A good ride on an
excellent day with a great crew.

Tripper 07-26-2006 11:04 PM

Howdy - currently packing to head out to Akro Ohio to atend the Soap box Derby
National race - I recieved the Mascott from QBall (Jamie) on Tuesday the 18th -
he was comming from RI - I from Glens falls NY. We met at a Friendlies off exit
4 just north of the Mass Turnpike (90) - not sure of the # in Mass - after
burgers and some chat - we headed home as it was later in the afternoon - I took
the Mass Turnpike to the NYS Thruway (90) to 787 north, to alt 7 east to the
Northway (87) to exit 17 where I currently have it. Tommorrow, the Mascott and
I will be traveling to Akron Ohio, (will get the route latter) then Saturday,
Will be heading west on 80 to meet up with stgld (phil) to exchange it so it can
go to Sturgis with him

Thought you might want to know, pics of the exchange and my arival home will
follow, if I could figure out how to attach them - I will need an e-mail
response from you - it is easier for me to do that through my e-mail

Latter Tripper
Fran

aka MOLSENICE

SKJOLD 04-08-2007 05:08 AM

I will give a little background on the history of the Mascot for those newer members so they will not have go back and read all the 2 years of old postings which I would recommend to read later get the complete story:

The Mascot tradition was started by Pilot1996 on April 3, 2005 in Yuma Arizona. It is a simple Harley Davidson Flag which is moved and passed aboard Harley Davisdon Motorcycles only. Each person to carry it earns the right to sign it. Since its original launch it has traveled many thousands of miles and has been seen at the Myrtle Beach, HDForums Midwest, and Sturgis rallies as well as Ground Zero of the September 11th attacks in New York City. After Strugis 2006, the Mascot was full and a solution was needed to keep the Mascot Tradition rolling.

After Sturgis, the Mascot was sent to Terry who then passed it to me for the refit. My intention was to have it done by Biketoberfest so it can be launched there but several complications arose including my move, and job change delayed things and to top it off, the original company I was going to use seemed to have gone under. But finally the new Mascot was completed and sewn onto the back of the original.

To solve the problem of the limited space, Streamers where made one for each riding season and bearing the capacity of 200 signatures each. At the end of the riding season, the mascot will make a brief pitstop in Florida to have the old streamer scanned and a new one added. The scanned streamer and Mascot will appear on commerative T-Shirts available to anyone who wants on for $20.00 per shirt.
Procedes will cover maintaince costs of the Mascot and go into a fund for HDForums events.

While I had the Mascot, I did not want it to be completely stagnent and has traveled over 2000 miles as I kept it on my bike while the new additions were being made. After months of being down the new Mascot is finally complete and ready to be launched. I announced that I would take it with me to Bike week in Daytona but nobody was able to meet there to pass it on. Alias then volunteered to pick up the Mascot from me.

The following is the account of the relaunch of the HDForums Mascot and continuing story of the Mascot Travels:

Alias was originally to pick up the Mascot from me in Clearwater but an unexpected encounter with a Goldwing had changed the gameplan. So I decided to ride the Mascot south to Meet Alias in Okeechobee Florida. Almost exactly 2 years from the original 09:20 launch of the Mascot in Yuma Arizona on April 3 2005, the new Mascot was launched 09:00 in Clearwater Florida on April 2, 2007. I took I-275 South from St. Petersburg across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and then South on I-75. I took the Zolfo Springs exit and headed east on SR64.

SR64 is a nice country ride which passes through many miles of farm and pasture land. The smell on orange blossoms is noticable as I passed through the occasional orange grove. At Zolfo springs, I turned south on 17 and then continued east on 66 to Sebring at the intersection of 66 and 27 where I refuelled at 11:20. 66 then becomes 621 and then 98 which ends in Okeechobee.

I arrived in Okeechobee at 12:20 and met up with Alias for lunch at Lunkers. After lunch we took the photos you see below and went for a local ride around Lake Okeechobee which I have never seen before. We then stopped at the pier on the northernmost point of the lake where we signed the Mascot and did the official transfer.

Since the launch from my house to the transfer site at Lake Okeechobee, a total of 180 miles we covered.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1773/E425E5B66BAB42F589DE96378FE9AA65.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1773/1CC5C007A508499E9C8E5A5243908B01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1773/17BA8958CBD1454DA5D8931C545533F5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1773/3C351998418D4A5EA2EB61A3A5A6F87C.jpg[/IMG]

SpeedsterX 01-08-2009 11:55 AM

Actually, Phil, (Minime) brought the Mascot to South Bend, Indiana where he handed it off to me at the "South Bend Police FOP #36 Benefit Hog Roast". We signed it. I held it for about one week and took it to Sturgis Rally 2006 where I met up with other HDF members who signed it and took pictures with it at ThunderRoad. I have pictures that I will post soon.

Noone could take it so I brought it back to South Bend where I got with Terry and we decided it was too full and needed a refit and some mending. I then sent it to Terry (the ONLY time it traveled NOT on a Harley). The rest is history.