Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FP3 with Rinehart Slimline duals and 4" slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 08:54 AM
maintainin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FP3 with Rinehart Slimline duals and 4" slip ons

Hi I just purchased the Rinehart Slimline Dual headers with Rinehart 4" round slip ons on my 2014 Street Glide Special. SE Stage 1 Agitator Air Cleaner. I also purchased the VH FP3 at the same time. I got everything installed and inquired to V&H about what map I should use. Since they don't have a canned one for Rinehart exhaust he told me to use the map for V&H dresser duals and twin slash rounds, which I guess is a similar exhaust. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get the bike out of the garage since I put everything on as its turned back colder and rainy. But starting and letting it idle the idle seems a bit rough to me. It seems to have a harder time handling the transition between higher rpm's when its cold and leveling down to warmed up state. The rpm's will vary between 1050 to 900 occasionally dipping down to like 800 and acting like its getting ready to stall. Idle just doesn't seem as smooth as before.

Is anybody running the same exhaust with the FP3? If so what map are you using? I'm hoping the weather turns nice again so I can get it out and actually see how it runs on the road but not looking good for the next week or so. Thanks

Old 03-30-2016, 08:35 AM
Deathlok
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Rinehart Slimline Dual headers have a small crossover in them making them more like the V&H Power Duals not the Dresser Duals. I currently have a stage 1 air cleaner, 4" Rinehart Round slipons, and the stock headers (Slimline Dual headers in the future) and I'm running the FP3 with the map for Twin Slash Round. Runs good with no autotune done.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:02 PM
eg78
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just put on slimline duals and 4" rinehart mufflers, I am about to use the FP3 on my bike, which maps did you guys find the best so far?