Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Newer to forum and bikes & looking for some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 PM
HardLuck71
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Newer to forum and bikes & looking for some help

Hi all, I'm new to bikes and I just bought a Power Vision for my 03 Night Train and when connecting it to my bike today I cant flash any tunes. Im getting an error saying " Invalid pin. If you have a 2001 bike, you may need to go to a dealer for an updated flash for VIN support before this feature will work " and thats odd as I have a 2003 bike. Thats the error when trying to use preconfigured tune already on unit. The other error I get when trying to use the tune FUEL MOTO installed when I purchased it from them says " This tune is either incompatible with the connected vehicle or not a supported software level " and I updated the unit first. This is very irritating as I cant figure out wth is going on and I would really appreciate any advice on what to do or if anyone else has encountered these errors. Thanks a ton in advance!!

Old 06-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Roundthebend
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably found the issue by now. Perhaps your bike is not suited for that particular device as I see that the tuners have fitment lists. I would check to make sure that is a go. Then see the dealer or get a new tuner. If it is an issue with the device, I have seen very short warranties- 90 days or so. It is best to locate the source of the issue and it may not be the bike.